It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tazkven

Would be safer with no guns IMO. If you want to unarm the people, the Police should put their guns down first.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JungleJ

Would be safer with no guns IMO. If you want to unarm the people, the Police should put their guns down first.

I like your sense of humour, but I would rather place my hands in the life of the cops rather than hoodlums. DOnt get me wrong, I have had many run ins with cocky jumped up police officers, but they have never had the need to cuff me, slam me on the hood of a patrol car, taze me or any of them other americanisms.

Being serious, here is Aus the police are armed, but they never pull them, no need, because guns are illegal and so in reality, they are unlikely encounter an armed threat and feel the need to draw them, but probably will if they respond to a gang fight where weapons are involved. In America, it seems tha the Police are so threatened, the first instinct is to pull a gun and right ly so, its likely a police officer may feel threatened by pulling over a woman at night cos she is 'packing' and feel threatened...

he police in the UK, have pepper spray, batons and cuffs and now tazers, hardly ever get used, Ive never seen them used and I lived in a # town where people were always pissed up fighting.

So if you want to stop people being shot by police if you are a black thug, then you need to get rid of your gun toting society, that way you may just get arrested. If you dont, a natural buy product of gun culture is that young black bullies will be shot and killed by police officers.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JungleJ

I like your sense of humour, but I would rather place my hands in the life of the cops rather than hoodlums. DOnt get me wrong, I have had many run ins with cocky jumped up police officers, but they have never had the need to cuff me, slam me on the hood of a patrol car, taze me or any of them other americanisms.

Being serious, here is Aus the police are armed, but they never pull them, no need, because guns are illegal and so in reality, they are unlikely encounter an armed threat and feel the need to draw them, but probably will if they respond to a gang fight where weapons are involved. In America, it seems tha the Police are so threatened, the first instinct is to pull a gun and right ly so, its likely a police officer may feel threatened by pulling over a woman at night cos she is 'packing' and feel threatened...

he police in the UK, have pepper spray, batons and cuffs and now tazers, hardly ever get used, Ive never seen them used and I lived in a # town where people were always pissed up fighting.

So if you want to stop people being shot by police if you are a black thug, then you need to get rid of your gun toting society, that way you may just get arrested. If you dont, a natural buy product of gun culture is that young black bullies will be shot and killed by police officers.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
how long does it take to get a diploma from the Police academy in YOUR country?

Norway: 3 years
Edit: Interviews and physical teste before you are allowed to apply.
edit on 26-11-2014 by JungleJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

Bit harsh mate.

Spent much time in the States ?

Works a little different to Oz.

Actually a lot different when it comes to the matter of guns.

Check the news for the Gold Coast - 3 police shootings in a week or so ...

Our kids are being taught to play with Barbies, yet this is common here as well ...

Go figure ?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JungleJ

Well you don't get a diploma, for one. It varies from one agency to the next. Many smaller departments are 3-6 months, bigger agencies can be up to 8 months. A fair number of agencies are nearly a year, or right at a year.

And then if you want to lump in the agencies that require officers to have a four year college degree before even entering the academy, one could argue it's a nearly 5 year long process. Your national police academy also awards a bachelors degree at the end of three years so let's be honest, it's not three years of practical application.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Have you been racially profiled?
youre arguments are so tired. im not saying that racial profiling never happens. what i am saying is i think it is less about race and more about attitude. skin color how youre dresses plus how youre acting plus things like walking down the middle of the street..you know, they get you noticed....i could say i have been profiled but much like they bring attention to themselves, so do it. i think when i have been noticed it is less about my skin color and more about the tattoos that are all over my hands and throat...it gets me noticed by the cops sometimes....my fault. dress/act like a thug, well, thats gonna get you noticed......
not ALL black people are profiled....i wish someone would do a little experiment in one of these 'hot' areas. have a black dude get all thugged up with the pants past the ass and the whatever color bandana and walk down the middle of the street smoking his black and mild....then get a black dude in jeans and t shirt walking down the sidewalk you know, acting like the average joe...see who gets the attention

Do you live in poverty?
i dont at the moment but for most of my life, yeah i did. i changed that though. i worked 60 hours a week and crawled out of it...i ground it out and pulled myself out of it.....im 36 and debt free. i owe no credit cards or car payments...its called working...youre still bitching about the poverty...well, 3 days ago there were low skilled jobs down there. mcdonalds and oreillys and the liquor store.....thats gone now...whos fault is that though? all those poor poor people living in poverty down there, just brought more of their own people into it.....really smart huh

Did your school successfully teach you your education?
please. if a kid does not get a diploma at the least, dont blame the schoo. thats on them or the parents. everyone can go to school.

Has your government done medical experiments on you or your ancestors?
medical experiments....you talking tuskegee? 1932-1972....that was terrible. still. how is that an excuse or a reason to not be able to get you # together. in that time frame, blacks were not the only people that were being experimented on....

Are you or yours automatically considered a thug?
i bet if you or yours didnt dress like a thug and act like a thug you wouldnt be automatically considered a thug....try it

Seriously posts and support for posts like this really question why I bother logging in here anymore!!!

then dont log in anymore.
all your arguments are so tiring...all youre doing is blaming everyone and everything for the situation except the people that are causing it...
any excuse as to why it is not their fault...
if the majority wanted to protest peacefully, then why didnt the majority hand over the agitators to the cops? if browns family wanted a peaceful protest why did browns dad say burn this bitch down?
it really is getting old....
youre so worried about the people that are causing the damage but what about the business owners or the people out of a job now because of the people you are excusing?
who cares about them right?

so sick and tired of people bitching about how hard they have it cause theyre black.....

if its so bad get off your ass and do something positive about it....change it for yourself and not by burning down your community......cause thats gonna show the world that youre an upstanding citizen

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JungleJ

It just so happens I have a good friend who is a Police Officer in Norway. So I feel like you were just EXTREMELY disingenuous with your statement. I am fairly certain you are referring to the Police University, which is NOT required to become a Police Agent...In fact, as I recall, he was serving as a police agent before and while he was in the Police University...

Am I wrong in that understanding or remembering it wrong? Has something changed in the last 8 years since he graduated?
edit on 26-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

LOL. I take it you have never been to Germany, or Spain, or Italy. The cops there will # you up if they want to. The difference is that police roughness is actually expected and has always been considered normal.

I'd take my chances at being "roughed up" by European police any day of the week, it's most definitely preferable to this...

www.liveleak.com...

Certainly wouldn't want to face a firing squad for holding a pen knife and/or having mental health issues.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

-Your culture is also forced into being more concerned about feelings than we are.

Nobody forces people into being "concerned about feelings" we just care more maybe
We're more tolerant, caring, understanding and not so bloodthirsty and arrogant?

It's not all people either... there are bigots and morons just like you in the UK and there are decent, moral and caring people in the USA too.

You've been muzzled.

Oh yeah.... you showed me.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

In a press conference early Wednesday morning, the St. Louis County Police chief said police had made 44 arrests during protests in Ferguson, four of which were felony arrests.

Police deployed tear gas and smoke to disperse crowds, but the police chief called the situation in Ferguson better than Monday night.

Several windows of Ferguson City Hall were smashed, and a car was set on fire near the memorial for Michael Brown, the chief said. Officers also confiscated a Molotov cocktail and a firearm.
================

Oakland: Elderly man hit in head with paint bucket after protesters loot paint store in Temescal

twitter.com...
-----------

BREAKING: people breaking into Meineke store.

vine.co...
---------------

Protesters smashing more stores as they flee police clearing the lots opposite the PD

Small group of protesters left #Ferguson PD, broke windows on S. Florissant. At least one business damaged. Rocks thrown at police cars.

twitter.com...
------------------

Ferguson Protesters In Oakland Set Fires
Group of #Ferguson protesters light dumpsters, other items on fire in #Oakland:

twitter.com...

-----------------

Dumpsters set on fire, doors of Walgreens kicked in, protesters climbing on 580 at 34th/Telegraph.

twitter.com...
-----------------

#BREAKINGNEWS Ferguson protesters have run onto the 101 Freeway in downtown Los Angeles, blocking lanes in both directions

Protesters have put up the barricades they took from @LAPDHQ on the 101 fwy.

twitter.com...
---------------

^^^^^^out there acting like criminals and commiting criimes for the world to see.
this does not give credibility to their perceived isues.
they are going to lose outside supporters doing this. not gain them.

they want forward progress and they are doing this...

not their fault though.....
what a load

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Based on how you spell, I am assuming you are from the UK, I could be wrong.

Source

So you have twice as many violent crimes as the USA...tell me again how this wouldn't happen in a civilized country?

Or how about the Race Riots that the UK refused to call Race Riots

Source

Or how the police kill innocent people...

Source

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: LDragonFire

Have you been racially profiled?

By whom? Cops? I stay away from cops, I'm not a fan of them. I wouldn't get close enough to attempt to grab their gun, but if I did I'm sure they would shoot me. Have I been racially profiled by blacks? Oh, I'm SURE I have been, blacks HATE white people, especially in the last 6 years or so. I can't even tell you how many times I've witnessed blacks making statements like "white ass cracka bitch!" And that isn't racist?

Do you live in poverty?

Why yes, I do, and yes I even have a job but it doesn't help much because this economy SUCKS thank you very much. Hey guess what!? Whites are struggling too!

Did your school successfully teach you your education?

Well, I did get a GED, but I dropped out of HS because the school system did suck for me, teachers and I didn't mix (students too, kids suck). It's even worse now for EVERYONE. Does it make you sad that you aren't so special after all?

Has your government done medical experiments on you or your ancestors?

REALLY? Do you know everyone who, the govt has experimented on?? The government equally disregards human beings in general, stop crying and trying to look special cause you're not.

Are you or yours automatically considered a thug?

Now, to this question I will simply answer no. Why? Because my family doesn't embrace a "culture" that encourages me to act like one. So, what's the solution? Quit acting like a thug and embracing a "culture" which encourages/defends that lifestyle and you won't be treated like one.

Are you a brain damaged Glen Beck follower?

No way, why would you even ask that? Are you racially profiling me? Better stop, or your hypocritical true colors might start to come out.

You really believe as a white person your the most discriminated against?

Yes, but it wasn't always that way. About 14 years ago, When I tried to get a college education, there were no special grants for me. Didn't you know blacks and every other minority get special college grants?

You think police pull you over because your white?

I think police will pull me over for ANY damn reason cause cops are dicks that way. I do everything I can possibly do to avoid them. I've been pulled over many times for stupid reasons, cops don't care who you are, they are equally dicks to everyone but you'd rather feel special so go ahead.

Any more questions? Oh I bet you have tons don't you? Yeah...keep up the victim-hood while you can I suppose.

Wish I could give you a flag for that response. how bout a

You read my mind about doing EVERYTHING possible to avoid them. But if I do have contact, I'm not brain damaged enough, yet, to do ANYTHING disrespectful that may give them ANY reason to escalate the situation.

What do these people expect to happen when they act the way they do.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

it's only "a few" who "might" be doing something though. remember that!

really, all the arguments used in favor of the "protests" are pretty absurd. anybody has the right to peaceably assemble. you do NOT have the right to upset other people's lives with your assembly. if you want to shut down roads and so on, get a permit. put out notices. shocking idea: letting people know that "hey, we're going to interrupt your lives for a day or so, but here's why" is going to get a lot more people to pay attention to your cause than "hey we're going to interrupt your lives for a day or so and while we're at it, people may break stuff."

government agents are the ones inciting violence? okay, then use the mob mentality to hand over the ones doing that to the police. crowd surf them to the front of your assembly and dump them on the ground, in front of the police and resume your peaceful protest. it's only a few people inciting violence? same story.

they complain about the focus of the media, and people in general, being on the violence. well that's the media. "if it bleeds, it leads." the media doesn't care about Brown anymore, they care about the violent protests. the violent protests have caused the media to shift it's attention from Brown. you want the attention to be about Brown, then make it about Brown. the media isn't going to run video of people marching or standing around with signs if they have video of people burning cars, looting stores, etc.

finally, the "anything goes" or "whatever it takes" mentality has got to go. or at least be redirected. I fail to understand or see how directing your violent behavior at people who CHOSE to open a business and maintain that business in your town furthers your cause. that business put jobs in the community. it paid taxes. it provided a service, whatever that service may have been. and people chose to repay that community engagement, by an entity that had nothing whatever to do with any of this, by destroying its property or taking it's property and somehow claiming that it's okay, because "whatever it takes." how anybody can draw a parallel between breaking into/vandalizing/looting a locally owned business and bettering one's situation in regards to civil rights is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
We have broken citizens..... And now it seems like police are hitting that breaking point too...

We need a solution to this problem... Division is not the answer

edit on 26-11-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

Your response is why I see you as a spineless, neutered coward, who would cower as his family was victimized while the police are only minutes away.

You summed up my personal beliefs very concisely. If someone has it in their mind to physically accost me I would also ventilate their chest. At least at the end of the day I'll still be breathing. On the contrary, I see you as the pussy, tucking your child sized [SNIP] between your legs and crying out for some savior in blue to protect you, while in the same breath calling them babykillers.

Nope. They have no, nor should they have any such fantastical bull# attached to their ability to protect themselves, or others. IMO justice was served that day.

I think it's sad you all decided to latch on to Brown like he is some sort of martyr. He was nothing but a derelict #heel. Are you all that really inept at choosing idols to worship?

Indeed you are utterly pathetic. You're willing to contract out the protection of your and your loved ones lives all so you can keep your own hands clean. By your own admission that makes you in favor of murder by proxy.

So because we don't have guns and wouldn't shoot someone for looking at us the wrong way... I am the spineless coward?? ME??? I hope you see the irony there, tough guy.
I'm happy to defend myself and my family without the need to blow someone's head off thanks.
I can handle my business thanks - don't need a penis extension to help me do that.

I haven't latched on to anyone as martyr, not sure why you would think that?
I think people are concerned because it seems to be an ever increasing amount of people who are either assaulted, abused or murdered by the police and it's usually completely unjustified.

I don't contract out protection at all... I would happily protect myself and then let the police and judicial system deal with the offender afterwards.

It's not my place to be judge, jury and executioner... Something people like you simply cannot fathom.

But if I knew the person was actually trying to kill me or harm my family and I had No Choice but to kill them, you'd better believe they'd be dead for sure.

edit on 26/11/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Last night in Ferguson was MUCH better. People have every right to protest, but when they cross the line into harming others and destroying property, they need to be 'cuffed and removed from the scene.

I have no idea when or where urban law enforcement got the idea to "let 'em all fight it out", while they stay uninvolved on the side, relying on grainy surveillance video to later identify the most vicious agitators (who will be long gone by then). That is asinine, extremely dangerous and counter-productive!

Last night, Ferguson, Miami and other cities got it RIGHT: Let peaceful protestors gather/march, but cordon off the hot-spots (or potential hot-spots) with barracades and shoulder-to-shoulder law enforcement. They can respond fast to grab the violent/destructive agitators, cuff and remove them from the scene, before they run somewhere else. Over a thousand more National Guard were in Ferguson last night. And they had "expanded duties", mainly aiding in arrests, or at least catching the violent/destructive agitators for the police to cuff and remove. YES!

This is not an issue that can be resolved on the streets, but TPTB need to see and hear what all the citizens have to say. The only way to quell this will be for more blacks to enter city/governmental positions in Ferguson, and feel they have "official representation" to take their grievances and ideas to. And that will take time.

In the meantime, please look at the forest beyond the trees: If Team Obama wants to stoke a Race War, to aid in its ultimate goal of declaring Martial Law, extremely lop-sided communities (a large racial/subculture population not represented in their community government) like Ferguson, was the perfect place to start. If you REALLY want to help, beyond protesting, you can check your own city for lop-sided communities like this - which Team Obama will be more than happy to stoke into a Race War.
edit on 26-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarify

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

all about the media too...
well, someone in their peaceful group can stream for free from their phone, from within the croud. it can be on twitter and youtube for free.

if that want that shown, then show it

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: blupblup

Based on how you spell, I am assuming you are from the UK, I could be wrong.

Source

So you have twice as many violent crimes as the USA...tell me again how this wouldn't happen in a civilized country?

Well firstly as I already said, it wouldn't happen because the patrol officers and regular police don't carry guns.
So there would have been a scuffle, fight and then the officer would have probably whooped the guy with his baton or pepper sprayed him.

Simple.

Or how about the Race Riots that the UK refused to call Race Riots

Source

Interesting because they were started in much the same way as Ferguson was.
An unarmed black man was shot dead in broad daylight, the situation was handled poorly.
People gathered to air their concern and then a bunch of people hijacked the protest/vigil and started rioting and looting.

There are parallels

news.vice.com...

Or how the police kill innocent people...

Source

Yep...a tragic case.
The police say they thought he may have been a suicide bomber and so chased him and then killed him while they had him restrained.
They supressed eveidence, lied... all sorts
Then again the family won their legal battle... hopefully the Brown family will have similar success.

From Wiki

The four-year legal battle by the family of Jean Charles de Menezes ended when they reached a settlement with Scotland Yard. The Metropolitan police agreed to pay compensation to the family, and in return the relatives of Menezes agreed to end their legal action. The sum of money involved in the settlement is believed to be just over £100,000; in addition the family's substantial legal costs were paid. The Metropolitan Police Commissioner said "a further unreserved apology to the family for the tragic death of Jean Charles de Menezes and to reiterate that he was a totally innocent victim and in no way to blame for his untimely death.

en.wikipedia.org...

just a sickening case and one I'm happy to criticise the Police for.
Unlike many of the idiots defending the officer who murdered Brown.
edit on 26/11/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I apologize if this has been posted, but have we been able to confirm Officer Wilson's claim that he made the "shots fired, send more cars" call on his police radio that no one heard because it had switched to "channel 3." What is channel 3 used for there and is it recorded or designated for anyone?

Thanks for any information!

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join