It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

their is not much left to plunder....

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ouch! Mark McNamara just faced off with Sunny Hostin. Score one for Mark.Lol

Anywho is it just me or does Atlanta look on edge?

Me and my husband both think that the huge National Guard presence in Ferguson will deter the bad seeds tonight.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
All i will say in this is Darren Wilson and his family are going to be watching their backs the rest of their lives.

I didn't want to get to involved in the case, it was a tragedy, but the whole festering pus bucket it became repulses me.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not hardly.

Oh well, excuuuuuse

ME!

for over dramatizing and
lack of a better term. What a little knit picker!

edit on Rpm112514v132014u14 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
If a group believes the solution to a perceived injustice is burning down their own town then I have to question that group's thought process and mental faculties.

They are being incited by activists. Even the step-father did it, and then the other family members go on Fox news or CNN saying oh we don't want or condone any violence. So publicly they say they don't want violence, but when they think no one is looking they are about it.

I am also very seriously concerned that this is the very type of thing that TPTB want to see manifest as a pretext for martial law. I believe they wanted it with the Trayvon Martin case but they didn't get it so they are working it again. With so many protests going on in the big cities, there could be some pretty serious mayhem.

Edit again: news tonight says the heavy Natl Guard and police presence in Ferguson and it's like a ghost town as far as protesters. The protesters are not out tonight evidently. Has the rage burned itself out or are they just waiting till the Guard goes away?
edit on 25-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am wondering if they are going to continue to allow these mindless idiots to destroy people's businesses as well as city property?

All I see is criminals taking advantage of an unfortunate tragedy. I feel bad for the business owners and the folks they employed. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: douglas5

can you just imagine the fallout if papa brown got arrested for inciting a riot?

the vid is all over the net for all to see.
it didnt pop off till after that...

no indictment and arresting big daddy

If anyone deserves to be arrested for inciting a riot, McCulloch deserves it for his behavior at the presser.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
All i will say in this is Darren Wilson and his family are going to be watching their backs the rest of their lives.

Tonite Darren Wilson has tears running down his face, asking himself ......Why!

I totally expected his response with Geroge S. but any halfassed poker player knows he was lying.

twitter.com...

May God have mercy on his soul...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
There was clear video from the store. Charged and tried by a jury? It happened just minutes before the POS thug tried to bull run Wilson.

Wilson was justified and did his job. I'm sure it brings him no pleasure to have had to shoot the charging ignoramous bull.

And yet the case was exceptionally closed while one suspect remained alive. Curious that we haven't heard more about what happened at that store.

We know the police got at least one detail wrong in their case report - Brown didn't take a full case of cigars, but a few packs which fell on the floor that he picked up. It's strange to me that the owner would hand behind-the-counter merchandise to the shopper prior to paying for it - especially stuff you are legally obligated to check ages for - but I understand it happens in other places.
edit on 20Tue, 25 Nov 2014 20:33:03 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: 'couple of' changed to 'few' as it is more a accurate depiction of events

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I really appreciate you guys allowing to voice my opinion without trolling me thank you..

This is a tragedy every way you look at it, and looking at it in a future sense its pretty sad..

I just wish as a whole society could be more mature,

we need peace and understanding more than anything in our country...

it is ok to protest but what is it exactly they are protesting our constitution?

Sad..

Our system did what was appropriate.. It is what our constitution says what to do..

I do not agree.. Being right or wrong..

To change things we have to be smarter and have unity...

not division.. In any case I blame lack of education..

Once again thank you very much...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Protests still ongoing, livestream here:

www.livestream.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"You freaking sell out" "You with Alex Jones"

Confronting AJ reporter, about them saying burning buildings is terrorism, etc.

Alex Jones Live Feed

edit on 25-11-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Protesters now tearing down fences in Los Angeles trying to block the highway.

on CNN

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
But blacks make up about 15% of the population and far more than 15% of the prison population.
So proportionally there are far more blacks in prison than whites.
You're also about ten times more likely to be stopped if you're black.

Additionally, one is more likely to be convicted if one is black... or, if one is white, the jury is mixed.

The Impact of Jury Race in Criminal Trials

When there are no potential black jurors in the pool, black defendants are significantly more likely than whites to be convicted of at least one crime (81% for blacks versus 66% for whites). However, as the number of blacks in the pool increases, this differential goes away: in fact, with at least one black member of the jury pool, conviction rates are almost identical (71% for blacks and 73% for whites).

Justice isn't so blind, after all. Y'all think that conviction rate might have something to do with the incarceration rate, hmm?
edit on 20Tue, 25 Nov 2014 20:31:28 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Just a note, news says the Natl Guard is there tonight. Why tonight and not last night is anyone's guess.

the national guard was there last night.
for sure

Yes, but they were not stationed in Ferguson. Ferguson is in the county and the Guard were in St. Louis city. It is strange don't you think that the Mayor called out the Guard and then parked them? We will see what happens tonight. Perhaps he was really afraid that if the Guard engaged with citizens it would make things worse, but perhaps the presence of military would have prevented some of the looting.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

You know, Greven, I heard there were 3 blacks on the jury. Now you may think that is unbalanced, but in a jury of 12 people, all those people will have to deal with possible hate from the public. Why would anyone do that if they thought they were not doing the right thing? As I heard it, those 12 people deliberated very seriously. If you were in that jury, would you vote against your conscience to avoid censure or even death threats? Would you vote your conscience if you knew you would possibly face censure or death threats?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I wonder why The Governor held back the National Guard last night, just imagine how many businesses could have been saved? Those are folks just trying to live their life and provide for their families.

They also provide services and goods for the community, and that is the thanks they get from these mindless, irrational lunatics? Smashing members of the medias cameras, firing guns randomly. It's really disgusting.

The focus now should be on finding out whether The Obama & Holder administration influenced The Governor into not allowing the National Gaurd to do its job, which is protecting and restoring the rule of Law. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
News says shots fired at apartment complex where Brown lived...

waiting for commercial to stop.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
I wonder why The Governor held back the National Guard last night, ~$heopleNation

That will most likely be a long investigation.
Lt Gov of the State says the Gov was awol when the mayor was requesting assistance.

Political motives for sure.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
You know, Greven, I heard there were 3 blacks on the jury. Now you may think that is unbalanced, but in a jury of 12 people, all those people will have to deal with possible hate from the public. Why would anyone do that if they thought they were not doing the right thing? As I heard it, those 12 people deliberated very seriously. If you were in that jury, would you vote against your conscience to avoid censure or even death threats? Would you vote your conscience if you knew you would possibly face censure or death threats?

That study has to do with trial cases, not grand jury cases. They operate under vastly different rules. For one, a grand jury can issue a finding with 9 people instead of all 12 agreeing. For another, the grand jury only needs probable cause. Of course, if the probable cause is explained like this by the DA (from the court transcripts):

Ms. Alizadeh: Probable cause to believe that he committed the offense, which means that he met all elements of that offense. You remember that from your grand jury days. And you must find probable cause to believe that Darren Wilson did not act in lawful self-defense and you must find probable cause to believe that Darren Wilson did not use lawful force in making an arrest. And only if you find those things, which is kind of like finding a negative, you cannot return an indictment on anything or true bill unless you find both of those things. Because both are complete defenses to any offense and they both have been raised in his, in the evidence. So any other questions about the law?

... it is understandable that nobody might be able to find probable cause under those conditions. Consider - if 8 grand jury members did find probable cause, they would have to convince one of the other 4 grand jury members to change his or her mind to return a true bill.

e: to clarify, the outcome in this case means that fewer than 9 grand jury members felt there was probable cause - it isn't even a majority but a 3/4ths supermajority needing probable cause to return a true bill to indict.
edit on 21Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:07:57 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join