It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: stargatetravels

didnt someone just show stats a few pages back that shows there are more white in prison than blacks?
pretty sure on this....
so yeah, there is that

but keep on with the skew...use it when it works for you

the blacks in prison have nothing to do with that do they? its all the big bad white man
meh

You do realize what proportionally means right?
Try reading my post again and see what I was saying.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
Actual population breakdown

Thats because they make up a much larger portion of the population. If they make up 70% of the population of course their number would be higher. If a group is 17% of the population but makes up 30% of the prison population that statistically is higher than should be respresented

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick
So, I'm watching CNN (first mistake) and good ole Wolf Blitzer is blaming the rioting, looting and arson on the timing of the Grand Jury announcement. Shouldn't he and other "leaders" in the community blame the individuals who committed these acts? Shouldn't someone out there blame the individuals who looted and burned businesses in Ferguson; businesses that may never reopen to serve the community? Why must they make victims out criminals...I don't get it.

Also, why are these looters/rioters too stupid to realize that they are only hurting their own cause; their neighbors. If they are bound and determined to violently protest this decision then why aren't they focusing their violence on those who, to them, are to blame? If they want to revolt, then revolt against those who are oppressing them and NOT those who are trying to bring prosperity to their community. A burned business does nothing for your community!!!!! Burning cars will NOT bring this kid back!!!!! Unfocused anger will only destroy you and your community!!!!

Just a rant I had to get off my chest. Need to stop watching these idiots disguised as reporters.

Dude...didn't you get the memo? You can blame someone for doing something wrong anymore. Thats...well...racist???

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

If everything was that simple there'd be no courts, appeals, pardons etc.

Where did you get all your evidence that what you said is true? You were given it.
You weren't there, just told what you are told and then you parrot it like it's the gospel.

YOU are part of the problem.

They point at "whitey" as the source of the problems THEY cause.

Pretty sure that is racism 101

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

Why must they make victims out criminals...I don't get it.

Because it's good for their ratings, and attracts more viewers. More viewers=more advertising dollars.

If they want to revolt, then revolt against those who are oppressing them and NOT those who are trying to bring prosperity to their community.

They tried to but keep getting arrested, tear gassed, shot, and generally shut down.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whoreallyknows
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
Actual population breakdown

Thats because they make up a much larger portion of the population. If they make up 70% of the population of course their number would be higher. If a group is 17% of the population but makes up 30% of the prison population that statistically is higher than should be respresented

So...using this logic...if pitbulls make up only 10% of the dog population, they can't be responsible for 50% of the bites to humans? Maybe blacks making up 17% of the population commit more crime. Then...they can EASILY be 30% of the prison population. Use your brain.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: MOMof3

"A punk kid robbed a store and assaulted the owner," How do you know that? Was he charged and tried by a jury with an attorney? Judge Dredd cops and nazi's in charge. A very bad combination for the safety of other citizens.

Fat Mike assaulted and robbed the store owner and then assaulted a Police Officer.

I don't know where you live....But, here in California that will get you shot dead.

In the UK it'll give you a few years sentence in prison. Here, we don't think killing people is the answer. Maybe it's the difference between our police training. Our cops are better trained at handling people, we tend not to use guns at all except in EXTREME cases.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
OK...so in summary. A punk kid robbed a store and assaulted the owner, a cop found him, tried to stop him and the kid attacked the cop. The cop protected himself resulting in the kid being shot and dying. The black community ignores all the testimony and decides to steal televisions...you know...cause television stealing and burning buildings fixes something. Obama and his racist gang, along with Sharpton and the other race-baiters decide to use this non-event to forward their agenda of maintaining the lie of racism (not that it doesn't exist...that it doesn't exist to the level portrayed).

So lets identify the problems:
1. Punk black kid.
2. Sharpton and others that make their living out of keeping racism going.
3. Obama and Holder (both black by the way) stoking the fires (pun intended).
4. The LIBERAL media...for helping #2 and #3.

And lets identify the successes...
1. The police officer that enforced the law, risked his life and terminated a punk what would have eventually killed someone anyway.

I'm so sick of this racism crap and EVERYONE KNOWS this rioting junk is worthless. These are animals that found an excuse to be animals. These people don't give a damn about the kid...they want a TV. They don't take responsibility for themselves, their community, etc. They point at "whitey" as the source of the problems THEY cause. And of course...black people in our government, media, etc. are eating this all up for personal gain.

IT IS TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE! Making stupid excuses for stupid people is...well...stupid.

Black people rob TV’s and white people rob countries

Is that your point?

edit on 25-11-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I keep seeing a lot of generalization on this thread.

Like All of Ferguson is Jobless, drug using, thugs burning buildings and all black people are criminals. WTF?

Sometimes, you'll get the all cops are bad vibe from me, but that's not how I really feel. I feel like there are a lot of really bad cops and a lot of really good cops.

I also think the timing of the release of this information was bad. I also think that there was absolutely no community relationship or outreach by the fergusan PD> That's the first big issue! You don't run a police department like that. That's why this blew up. I also think that they should have indicted the police officer. Again, that's just bringing that to court for a jury in public. I'm of the belief with the information I have now that Wilson wouldn't have been found guilty but at least it wouldn't be this "above the law" crap. We know that only Steven Segall is above the law!

Let's not paint all of Ferguson with a bad brush, eh? Have a heart. They have a right to protest.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

OK...lets go there. Hmmm...could it be that blacks commit more crime and therefore, end up in prison? You know...just maybe??? This is the crap I'm sick of hearing. Use your brains people...forget individuals like this poster what make up crap for idiots.

I wasn't pointing out the figures in defence of anyone, just merely stating a fact.
Somebody posted saying there were more whites in prison in total, my point was merely saying that in terms of actual population to prison population, there are far more blacks in prison.

Not sure why you take issue with that fact.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I keep seeing a lot of generalization on this thread.

Like All of Ferguson is Jobless, drug using, thugs burning buildings and all black people are criminals. WTF?

Sometimes, you'll get the all cops are bad vibe from me, but that's not how I really feel. I feel like there are a lot of really bad cops and a lot of really good cops.

I also think the timing of the release of this information was bad. I also think that there was absolutely no community relationship or outreach by the fergusan PD> That's the first big issue! You don't run a police department like that. That's why this blew up. I also think that they should have indicted the police officer. Again, that's just bringing that to court for a jury in public. I'm of the belief with the information I have now that Wilson wouldn't have been found guilty but at least it wouldn't be this "above the law" crap. We know that only Steven Segall is above the law!

Let's not paint all of Ferguson with a bad brush, eh? Have a heart. They have a right to protest.

Blah there's no room for having a heart in this thread. Pick a side and start being an asshole. It's way more fun than being reasonable

link   

originally posted by: Taggart

If everything was that simple there'd be no courts, appeals, pardons etc.

Where did you get all your evidence that what you said is true? You were given it.
You weren't there, just told what you are told and then you parrot it like it's the gospel.

YOU are part of the problem.

They point at "whitey" as the source of the problems THEY cause.

Pretty sure that is racism 101

Time for me to bail out here. But...me calling a wrong a wrong and blaming the wrong-doer makes me part of the problem? OK...good luck with that. And you are right about the racism...blacks blaming whites for the problems they cause IS racism!

link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: MOMof3

"A punk kid robbed a store and assaulted the owner," How do you know that? Was he charged and tried by a jury with an attorney? Judge Dredd cops and nazi's in charge. A very bad combination for the safety of other citizens.

Fat Mike assaulted and robbed the store owner and then assaulted a Police Officer.

I don't know where you live....But, here in California that will get you shot dead.

In the UK it'll give you a few years sentence in prison. Here, we don't think killing people is the answer. Maybe it's the difference between our police training. Our cops are better trained at handling people, we tend not to use guns at all except in EXTREME cases.

I know it sounds like it from reading about incidents like this one, but cops are NOT trigger happy. I know lots of law enforcement officers and many of them have NEVER had to draw their firearm. Some I know with careers that span 20+ years have only drawn their weapon when they go for their yearly qualification.
edit on 25-11-2014 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

OK...lets go there. Hmmm...could it be that blacks commit more crime and therefore, end up in prison? You know...just maybe??? This is the crap I'm sick of hearing. Use your brains people...forget individuals like this poster what make up crap for idiots.

I wasn't pointing out the figures in defence of anyone, just merely stating a fact.
Somebody posted saying there were more whites in prison in total, my point was merely saying that in terms of actual population to prison population, there are far more blacks in prison.

Not sure why you take issue with that fact.

Sorry...my mistake. A flurry of back and forth here. I was mistaken.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Shouldn't he and other "leaders" in the community blame the individuals who committed these acts? .

absolutely not.
those individuals are oppressed and repressed.
those individuals perceive injustice every day of their lives.
those individuals deal with poverty on a daily basis
those individuals deal with a racist police force on a daily basis.

nothing they do is their fault. nothing that happens to them is their fault

thought everyone knew that by now

link   

OK...so in summary. A punk kid robbed a store and assaulted the owner, a cop found him, tried to stop him and the kid attacked the cop. The cop protected himself resulting in the kid being shot and dying. The black community ignores all the testimony and decides to steal televisions...you know...cause television stealing and burning buildings fixes something. Obama and his racist gang, along with Sharpton and the other race-baiters decide to use this non-event to forward their agenda of maintaining the lie of racism (not that it doesn't exist...that it doesn't exist to the level portrayed).

So lets identify the problems:

1. Punk black kid.

2. Sharpton and others that make their living out of keeping racism going.

3. Obama and Holder (both black by the way) stoking the fires (pun intended).

4. The LIBERAL media...for helping #2 and #3.

And lets identify the successes...

1. The police officer that enforced the law, risked his life and terminated a punk what would have eventually killed someone anyway.

I'm so sick of this racism crap and EVERYONE KNOWS this rioting junk is worthless. These are animals that found an excuse to be animals. These people don't give a damn about the kid...they want a TV. They don't take responsibility for themselves, their community, etc. They point at "whitey" as the source of the problems THEY cause. And of course...black people in our government, media, etc. are eating this all up for personal gain.

IT IS TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE! Making stupid excuses for stupid people is...well...stupid.

that leaves much out. i was sure this was justified until i found out that after the first two shots at the car and the beat down the kidd ran and was chased down for over a minute and then killed and one of the main witness to that is now missing and it took a couple days for the feds to come up with the witnesses that claim at the end of the one minute pursuit brown turned and decided to charge a gun being fired at him from a leo that had just broken protocall.

link   

No you are the problem. Wanting cops to be judge and executioner. One day it might be your kid. There will always be punks and criminals.

link   
As Freguson becomes Bagdad. The chickens have come home to roost. The ugly violence and greed that America has inflicted upon the world for too long... has returned to from whence it came. A lesson in the great Cosmic law of attraction. Meanwhile in Vermont, some protested the decision, many did not. Those that did, stood outside Police stations, held signs, sang songs, held hands, practiced compassion and dreamed of a greater day, a greater time, when such things as hatred and violence are unheard of. Where Love rules. We have 6 -12" of fresh snow on the way and its deer season and Thanksgiving is days away and here in the palm of God, that emerald jewel of the world, we have much to be thankful for. Namaste.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am just wondering how one of the greatest civilizations on the planet ever would have dealt with this bullcrap..

ROME

This racial insecurity is a vice for a race..

We all carry burdens..

Going ape spit over something you do not agree with, and call it racism is a mental illness, and accepting it in society is insanity...

It will continue to happen time and time again...

I am just not sure what to think but I am very damn sure all those looting and calling themselves protesters have no job or family to take care of..

IF they did they would not be terrorizing streets in the middle of the NIGHT on a weeknight..

I don't give this country another 10 years!!

Way to many idiots on the streets now..

We as a a NATION have forgotten our principle..

I do not see the blacks as a majority getting over their insecurity any time soon.. Which will continue to drag our country down over and over again...

Pretty pathetic..

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

if a certain group commits more crime then more of that group will be in prison.
pretty simple really

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join