It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I watched the press conference live last night and one thing stuck out to me. It was that Brown's blood was found 25 feet beyond his body, backing up the witnesses who stated that Brown was charging at Wilson.

I also noticed that it was said that Wilson did know about the strong-armed robbery and therefore Brown was technically armed. (strong-armed means using your body as a weapon)

I just think my biggest issue is that many have formed an opinion on this case based solely on what the media has released, some of which was later proven not true. (even the celebrities are getting in on this)

I also take issue with the rioting and looting. Protest freely, make your voice be heard, it is the American way, but that doesn't give you the right to destroy others property and steal. If anything, it makes the whole situation worse.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

This is exactly why America and people like you are seen as Insane, raving lunatics.

Your response is why I see you as a spineless, neutered coward, who would cower as his family was victimized while the police are only minutes away.

Look at me me wrong, I'll shoot & kill you.... step to me, I'll shoot & kill you.... Swing a punch at me.. well, because I'm a pussy, I'll shoot & kill you.

You summed up my personal beliefs very concisely. If someone has it in their mind to physically accost me I would also ventilate their chest. At least at the end of the day I'll still be breathing. On the contrary, I see you as the pussy, tucking your child sized [SNIP] between your legs and crying out for some savior in blue to protect you, while in the same breath calling them babykillers.

A police officer has a duty to try and maim the suspect, so that he can be brought to justice, you know, actual, real justice.

Nope. They have no, nor should they have any such fantastical bull# attached to their ability to protect themselves, or others. IMO justice was served that day.

I think it's sad you all decided to latch on to Brown like he is some sort of martyr. He was nothing but a derelict #heel. Are you all that really inept at choosing idols to worship?

Utterly pathetic.

Indeed you are utterly pathetic. You're willing to contract out the protection of your and your loved ones lives all so you can keep your own hands clean. By your own admission that makes you in favor of murder by proxy.
edit on 25-11-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: UnBreakable

This is the world we live in as the tone is dictated by our POTUS.

This behavior was common long before Barack Obama was a blip on the political radar.

True, but he just exacerbates these situations by inserting himself into these situations such as his 'if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon' a while back and last night with his comments that appeared to agree with the agitators instead of trying to tamp down the situation. I thought the POTUS was supposed to represent all the people.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: macman

a reply to: stosh64

Another Race Pimp arrives on scene.

Well, I bet Ferguson is grateful he is there. Maybe he was delayed due to some tax issues he hasn't resolved yet.

"race pimp"?....don't be shy, tell us what you really think.

Well, how about tax evader?
Instigator?
Race profiteer?
Liar?
POS?

That should do for now.

I wonder how it would have gone down in Ferguson, if 20 to 30 young black guys wearing camos, and legally carrying AR's

That LEGALLY thing would have been the tough part I bet.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: lynn112

I just think my biggest issue is that many have formed an opinion on this case based solely on what the media has released, some of which was later proven not true.

You know, I really have an issue with this too. I went on a rant when this all started about medias roll in all this... got crucified for it but I dont care I still feel that the media has a certain amount of responsibility. They created chaos to make $$

Freedom of press is one thing, reporting false crap to get a reaction... they should be held somewhat accountable.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
there is a clear picture here but youu have to breathe to see it.

There is a clear picture but you're apparently not willing to see it.

How is it that if the grand jury decided to indict Officer Wilson, they were doing the right thing but because they didn't, there was some sort of conspiracy to manipulate their opinions?

The justice system is only working when it gives the answer you want to hear, is that it? Luckily, public opinion spurred on by the blood-sucking media is not what determines a person's guilt or innocence in this country.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

But, how about this correction. the vast majority of people in the US don't care what people in the UK think of them.

Wouldn't that be true of almost every country?
I'm sure the Brits - or anyone else for that matter - dont give a hoot what we think of them.
I think we have many issues regarding guns but I guess that's for another thread.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

So you have now moved from Ferguson and the people rioting and looting to those at the Bundy incident that DIDN'T riot and loot.

Hmmmm, one of these things are not like the other one.

And I would have no problem with ANYONE of ANY color standing with ARs in front of a building. Here is the difference.

Seems that those in Ferguson turned to rioting, looting and setting buildings on fire. Bundy people didn't do that.

One of these things is not the same.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara

originally posted by: lynn112

I just think my biggest issue is that many have formed an opinion on this case based solely on what the media has released, some of which was later proven not true.

You know, I really have an issue with this too. I went on a rant when this all started about medias roll in all this... got crucified for it but I dont care I still feel that the media has a certain amount of responsibility. They created chaos to make $$

Freedom of press is one thing, reporting false crap to get a reaction... they should be held somewhat accountable.

It's what they always do in cases like this. Once the media turns on you, the whole world joins in.

Sadly, even if a person is found innocent, the media's opinion is all that matters and the innocent person lives a life of misery following the trial.

"Gone Girl" lays it out beautifully.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Justice has been done in Ferguson. But the people aren't interested in justice. They just want a lynching.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
With lacking evidence, *they* must have known it would wind up like this. The chaos last night was ridiculous. I honestly fear for our species if we resort to shooting random people and lighting random buildings on fire When a single cop acts out of line. Way to package the story, you heartless jerks. Its expected to be even worse tonight, according to a couple of the reporters in Ferguson.

They keep using the phrase "violent protesters" instead of "rioters" too. They are going to lump these pieces of garbage with the rest of us and use this incident to promote the idea that our first and second amendment rights should be taken away in order to avoid more violence like we're seeing in Ferguson. I'm waiting for it.

edit on Xx245121230PM1112 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I wonder how it would have gone down in Ferguson, if 20 to 30 young black guys wearing camos, and legally carrying AR's

Considering the fact that open carry in Ferguson is only legal with a valid concealed weapons permit... it would have ended with all of them in jail.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

Another Race Pimp arrives on scene.

Well, I bet Ferguson is grateful he is there. Maybe he was delayed due to some tax issues he hasn't resolved yet.

"race pimp"?....don't be shy, tell us what you really think.

Well, how about tax evader?
Instigator?
Race profiteer?
Liar?
POS?

That should do for now.

why would that be tough?... you must think all young black men are criminals or have criminal records then, that would be the logical conclusion you seemed to have reached.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Considering the fact that open carry in Ferguson is only legal with a valid concealed weapons permit... it would have ended with all of them in jail.

is it illegal for black people in Missouri to obtain CCP's?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
With lacking evidence, *they* must have known it would wind up like this. The chaos last night was ridiculous. I honestly fear for our species if we resort to shooting random people and lighting random buildings on fire When a single cop acts out of line.

So, please enlighten me as to how the 'cop acts out of line'. Was because he assaulted another LEO and tried to grab his gun? Or how the cop assaulted a store owner and stole cigars?

link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara

You know, I really have an issue with this too. I went on a rant when this all started about medias roll in all this..

i think we all have an issue with the way the media has handled this...
that said, just like a lot of us are saying the protestors and looters need to take responsibility, so does the average citizen.
there are more sources for information out there than the big few like cnn and fox.

anyone with a computer or cell phone can hit up google and find other sources if they really wanted to.

look at us...having discussions with people all ovee the world. sharing links to stories. sharing links to live feeds to see what is really happening....
granted, not everyone will join a board and take it to 11 like we all do but still.

it is not hard to go to google and type 'ferguson live stream'...

thats what i did...the 1st link had several feeds going and the 3rd feed is the one most of us watched....

this day in age, if people are ill informed, they have to take 'some' of that on themselves....

im sure most people out there attached to their iphones are much more worried about facebook updates, instagram, and candy crush.

know what i mean??

never before has it been so easy to find the actual story. i found it last night with my 1st search and it took 10 seconds til i was watching it live....

link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Well I think most of us ignorant foreigners are just saddened because this would not happen in most civilised countries.

You're right. But due to two reasons:

-You nation hasn't been dealing with a counter-culture for the last 20 years that worships ignorance, violence, gettin' hos, selling drugs and commits nearly 50% of all violent crime, even though they comprise 13.6% of the population.

-Your culture is also forced into being more concerned about feelings than we are. That's why people get sent to jail for saying mean ol' words of hurt about muslims and why dozens of little orphaned girls get passed around by the illegal third-worlders and the whole thing gets swept under the rug so as not to cast them in a negative light.

You've been muzzled.

He would have been pulled over, an altercation and fight ensued and then the Police Officer would have used his spray, Baton or other non lethal weapon.

This would never have made the news, no story to tell.

No matter how benign the interaction between a white officer and a black male it is ALWAYS blown out of proportion.

edit on 25-11-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

I think we all need to remember the media hyped this not just for money, but to try and rally the black vote for the dems in november...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It is not that simple. If someone is poor, then they may not be able to pay for the cost of probation, court fines, drug tests and for classes that the court mandates as terms of probation. Those numbers add up fast and there are many who are now working on a prison farm because they could not pay to be free.

Wrong again, sir. There are allowances made for poor people to be able to pay for those fines, fees, and classes.

I think you're missing a HUGELY important fact in your race-based argument: probation and fines are offered as an alternative to jail time. The person who committed the crime has the OPTION of going to jail or accepting the terms of probation.

If you're too poor to abide by the conditions of your probation, do the jail time. It's that simple.

Apparently, you think that a person who commits a crime should have the option of jail or a completely cost-free probationary period. Where's the punishment in that?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's sad that people only respect due process when it works in their favor... Can't have it both ways people...

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join