It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Police training is adequate and then some. The problem is criminality and a lack of respect for those who protect us.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce
The protesters don't like the outcome. Fine. Why destroy infrastructure? Those people are not right in the head.

They have been revved up by the media and by activists with an agenda to promote racial and civil strife. Consider all the various components connected to the POTUS and his friends and connections and what their agenda has been all along. People who have been unhappy and unwealthy can have a lot of pent up energy and anger.

link   
My town just passed a budget that includes all officers being outfitted with GoPro cameras on their person at all times. Major penalties like suspensions and loss of jobs if it isn't recording the moment an incident begins. I wish it was this way everywhere. A little big brother to LEO so they don't act like autonomous rulers over the citizens, and also a way to protect the cops in the event that something happens with no witnesses around.

I'm all for it, and couldn't be happier to start 2015 with this in place

edit on 25-11-2014 by Montsta because: .

link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: Grovit

Many of the protestors aren't behaving badly. I was only speaking of the ones causing problems.

youre right...many were not doing anything wrong..
the flip to that is many of them were....

youre the one that chimed in after the question about agitators....

im asking about the protestors that were rioting and looting...
have you no opinion on that?

link   
a reply to: nullafides

Yeah because a law like "not attacking someone" or "stealing" is SOOOOOO slanted.

link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

The protesters don't like the outcome. Fine. Why destroy infrastructure? Those people are not right in the head.

They have been revved up by the media and by activists with an agenda to promote racial and civil strife. Consider all the various components connected to the POTUS and his friends and connections and what their agenda has been all along. People who have been unhappy and unwealthy can have a lot of pent up energy and anger.

That's no excuse to destroy property.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

flyer...so you think after being told to get out of the middle of the street and move to the sidewalk, brown went ghetto-crazy-bad, reached into the patrol car, went for the officer's gun, and then punched the officer, with no verifiable witnesses to that affect?....and....once the officer got out of the car and pulled his weapon, and fired off a few rounds at brown, brown being one bad-ass MF'er, stopped, turned around, saw that the officer was pointing a gun at him, but, still ran toward the officer, to get shot at several more times?
uhmm...ok...

edit on 25-11-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Truthbadger

I agree there are two systems of justice when it comes to the wealthy, police and celebrities. However, in this case, the bruises on Wilson's face and the blood trail indicates that Brown did advance back toward Wilson.

Like I said before, Michael brown was not an innocent law abiding citizen. He created the confrontation with Wilson. If he would have followed Wilson's directive to get off the street he would still be walking around today and probably doing more strong arm robberies. You can't ignore his aggressiveness nor the crime he committed before the incident. The moment he ignored Wilson's directive and punched him in the face, he crossed the line. He risked his own life by doing so. If you act like a thug, eventually you'll get burned.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Fair enough....

Are you still a criminal?? Yeah, guess so. You were convicted of crimes.

Maybe convict would be a better term??

Well, now I feel I have to ask the following.

As I asked earlier, is a crime never to be rightfully forgiven? Not to be put aside due to personal growth, maturing, and repentance?

So much of our society actively promotes the idea that forgiveness, when earned, is to be held high. Is that wrong?

Must someone who truly deserves it always leave with the onerous label of being a criminal or convict?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Is it not possible at all that those in the majority simply have not experienced what the minority has lived with? Is it not possible that the laws the majority put into place slanted? The enforcement of those laws slanted / biased?

is it not possible that the minorities perceptions are wrong?
is it not possible that the minority brings this on themselves?
is it not possible the minority blames everyone and every thing for their actions?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

They have been revved up by the media and by activists with an agenda to promote racial and civil strife

see what i mean?
no responsibility

its not my fault i helped trash a cop car and loot the liquor store...dont blame me.
blame the media and the activists....blame obama.
blame anyone you want, just dont blame me

link   

originally posted by: macman

Yeah because a law like "not attacking someone" or "stealing" is SOOOOOO slanted.

I cannot help but believe that is a cherry-picked counter.

I said cannot a majority have a slanted belief paradigm that dictates the creation of laws, as well as the enforcement of those laws ?

Again, a slanted ENFORCEMENT of the laws?

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Disenfranchisement and racism are a separate issue from Wilsons innocence in this matter.

Again, overly simplistic. They are not separate because the organization being accused of systemic failures, including the shooting of Brown, is investigating itself - one of it's own officers.

The Ferguson public has no trust or confidence in the policing by FPD, the gathering of facts during the investigative process or the presenting of facts to the grand jury. Yet you continue to stipulate that they accept facts from a system they feel is utterly corrupt at every level. You can say it a hundred times, it doesn't change their perception.

I'm in no way condoning the violence but I am curious what ATSers think the citizens of Ferguson are supposed to do? At every turn for the last three months there has been a tone deafness coming from officials in Ferguson. Every time they had an opportunity to ratchet down the rhetoric and exhibit a real interest in coming to the table to improve Ferguson from the perspective of all of it's citizens - it has failed to do so. Basically, from the outside looking in, it doesn't appear as though Ferguson gives a damn. The officials of Ferguson are going to do what they please. Even last night, the LEOs continued to do the same things they admitted were ineffective three months ago and for which they were criticized worldwide.

As a nation, we can either come together and discuss Ferguson/the systemic issues it reveals and work it out - no matter how uncomfortable it is - *or* we can continue to deal with the sometimes violent ramifications of disenfranchisement, perceived injustice and hopelessness, as we have for every generation since Jim Crow.

The problem is it seems that white people mostly just want black people to STFU and deal with it, rather than accept that something needs to change. As if it's just a black thing. But what is so ironic is that the ever-encroaching Police State is an issue that every citizen has the potential to be faced with and we ought to be unified in confronting it. Blacks have simply just been faced with it much longer.

edit on 11/25/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   

Police training is adequate and then some. The problem is criminality and a lack of respect for those who protect us.

Uh no. Not even close. My wife is a lawyer for a state ag. Cops have terrible training and do rediculous and stupid things on a weekly basis.

link   
a reply to: Spruce

Ehhhhhh, I would have to say incorrect on the first part.

Academies, as a whole don't really do a whole lot in terms of teaching hand to hand combat.

And Agencies still hire based on Affirmative Action style guidelines.
A 4' 1" 200lb dumpy female has no business being in LE. She can't physically help me, should I get injured. One in my class couldn't even scale a 5" wall.

Shooting qualifications are a joke as well. Most agencies will run these once, maybe twice a year. Many LEOs don't shoot except during this time.

Training as a whole is a joke.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Why not protest the fact police are nearly always immune to prosecusion,

What are you saying here, that Wilson is immune because he's a cop and the Grand Jury was rigged?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: nullafides

Is it not possible at all that those in the majority simply have not experienced what the minority has lived with? Is it not possible that the laws the majority put into place slanted? The enforcement of those laws slanted / biased?

is it not possible that the minorities perceptions are wrong?
is it not possible that the minority brings this on themselves?
is it not possible the minority blames everyone and every thing for their actions?

You do have a valid point. However, I merely asked if it was possible that the majority and therefore the minority be slanted in their viewpoints?

I simply contributed the thought as a point of consideration. I did not say or mean to imply that the majority is wrong where the minority is right.

I've also stated that I believe there is a high probability that both sides deserve high scrutiny as it is likely that both sides behaved inappropriately.

link   

Who has to forgive you???

The Govt, who ran the justice system involved with that is bound by law to. Yet, there are continued punishments of those that have served their time.

Does the victim have to forgive you??? Nooooo.

Does any 3rd party???? Noooo.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

What do you suggest be changed? Are you familiar with police practices and procedures? What needs to change?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

With simple laws, there is no slanting of said laws.

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join