It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

That's nice.

Firstly I was assaulted by the police officer first...
He raised his hands to me and lost ending with a visit to A&E...

Secondly I was raided, arrested, released on bail...
& received a NFA(no further action) from the police, never went to court...
I was innocent.

So no I'm not a criminal...
You however are presumptuous and rude, & we will converse no longer.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Imagine it from the other side too, if Wilson was known to have practiced shooting frequently at human analogue targets, he'd be painted as "Someone looking for an excuse to shoot someone for real".

This x 1000

If a cop is a #ty shot people cry about him being unqualified. If a cop practices then he's some maniac out for blood.

link   

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So, you have gotten into brawls with LE and been raided. SO basically, you are a criminal.

Yeah, no wonder you have an issue with LE.

Name calling? Check.

Coming to a conclusion in your own mind due to non understanding of the individual or the situation they faced?

CHECK.

Well said!!!

link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Wilson was in his car, I think he should have just locked his doors and waited for backup; even though Brown was coming towards him; I feel he did not need to shoot him; or at the very least... couldn't he have shot him in the arm or leg; that would have stopped him; without taking his life.

I think Michael was defending himself; after all at that time he was just a thief who had taken some cigars; he should not be dead.

so its wilsons fault because he didnt hide in his car with the doors locked and the windows up?

something is seriously wrong if that is how cops are expected to act....

brown was defending himself?? by putting part of his body in the car and trying to get at the cops gun.

is that what defending yourself is these days?

those are the thoughts going through my mind

link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Unfortunately there would still be rioting and looting.

I do however, coming from a LE and Military background, wholeheartedly agree what body cams need to be worn by ALL LEOs.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: nullafides

You'd be surprised how ineffective pepper spray is in the face of a man fueled by adrenaline and anger.

No, I am not. But, THAT is the next step in escalation of force to meet the attack.

Funny, the officer was on record as saying that the use and carrying of a taser was "too bulky" to allow it.

Sounds to me like the officer simply chose an end-game weapon over inconvenience.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: luthier

The trial was not based on justified actions.

I am not aware that has been any trial.

The grand jury hearing my bad.

It shows you how charged this is when that comment gets starred

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Unfortunately there would still be rioting and looting.

I do however, coming from a LE and Military background, wholeheartedly agree what body cams need to be worn by ALL LEOs.

I appreciate your service. Truly, I do.

And, I appreciate you meeting half-way and supporting the use of body cams.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

There are countless recorded interactions of inmates within the CA system being drenched in Pepper spray with no effect on them.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Poopyhead is a name. Jerkoff is a name.

Criminal is a definition of someone who's actions are criminal.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

I may be idealistic, but I believe if Wilson had been wearing a body cam, and people could see for themselves what had transpired, there wouldn't be any reason for them to go nuts like they did.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: luthier

The trial was not based on justified actions.

I am not aware that has been any trial.

The grand jury hearing my bad.

It shows you how charged this is when that comment gets starred

Full grand jury transcripts and evidence presented, in case anyone wants facts rather than fully and yet illy-formed opinions...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

That's nice.

Well, I am a nice savage. So says under my name.

Firstly I was assaulted by the police officer first...
He raised his hands to me and lost ending with a visit to A&E...

So, for no reason, a LEO out of no where, attacked you.

Sure sure.

Secondly I was raided, arrested, released on bail...
& received a NFA(no further action) from the police, never went to court...
I was innocent.

And why were you raided??

So no I'm not a criminal...

No more a criminal then Wilson I guess.

You however are presumptuous and rude, & we will converse no longer.

Ahhh, so sad.

link   

There are countless recorded interactions of inmates within the CA system being drenched in Pepper spray with no effect on them.

I have firsthand experience. My first full time job after I turned 18 was a turnkey at a local jail. Pepper spray sometimes only makes them angrier.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: TKDRL

Please please PLEASE provide your source for stating Ofc Wilson had a taser. Because the only thing I've seen about a taser was that he did NOT have one. He said it. The PD said it. It was in the evidence submitted to the grand jury. And NO picture of Wilson on that day shows him carrying a taser. So by all means, source that for us!

Oh, one more thing: tasers have a maximum range. Brown was already at the far edge of that range when Wilson deployed his firearm.

This is a tough one. On one hand I don't like the aggressiveness of leo's these days. In this situation given MB was the initiator and the aggressor. Wouldn't get out of the road, walked into open door, initiated physical interaction, attempted to disarm Wilson, punched Wilson multiple times. After all that once Wilson exited the car and pursued ANY aggressive actions (like turning and walking or running towards Wilson) should have been met with proper force. Personally after all that lead up to the face to face I would not have risked allowing MB to get close enough to use a taser. I would have feared for my life and did exactly what Wilson was forced to do. What is he missed? What if MB was close enough for the taser to not disable him? To many what if's for me!

This kid was no saint. He robbed a store, assaulted a clerk, initiated the entire event. It's clear his dis regard for simple laws are what caused his demise! As usual it all starts at home. No values at home means no values in the streets! Considering MB mother was involved in a assault her self shows the VALUES this kid was taught.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: luthier
I am pretty sure you dont understand police trials and what qualified immunity is. The trial was not based on justified actions.

It wasn't a trial. It was a Grand Jury HEARING.

Information Here

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I understand that completely. I mispoke because i am used to dealing with trials. I guess its the small victories though right. I think everyone knows what i mean. It doesnt take away that cops really cant be prosecuted unless they are repeat offenders.

link   
But the system does work and ultimately here is the problem. There used to be a joke about voter apathy, but then again who cares.

The people of ferguson have the right to vote in a city council, and state reps, along with govenor and others to an elected office. They have the right to get people in office to make laws to do, as long as it is within the authority and frame work of the constitution, to make sure that the laws are followed. The problem is many people do not really take such and tend to ignore such or just vote along party lines, failing to see that such may not be such a good idea.

For all of those years, if the police were bad, or the DA did not want or represent the interest of the majority, then why did they keep voting these people into office? The people had the final say, and if they did not take the means to ensure such, then who is to blame?

If the demonstration was peaceful, and not violent, if the protestors were not causing the damage, then they would have more support for them, but with the violence, they lose the support.

link   

originally posted by: caladonea
If Michael Brown had never gone into that store and stolen those cigars; he would be alive today. I keep thinking that.

Well, all this mess could have been avoided if the the store owner who he assaulted and robbed had a gun. Then maybe Brown would have been dead before his dust up with Wilson.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm confused. Why is everyone (here and in the media) arguing evidence that a grand jury has already combed through. This has been argued for almost four months and obviously there has been no resolution. Do any of you or those in the media think that this back and forth arguing is helping at all? Show me in history where arguing solved anything.

The grand jury, a jury that was selected before Michael Brown was killed, has decided. Mr. Wilson and the events that unfolded on that tragic day were examined by a group of his peers, just like they would have been in a regular trial.

It is time to start moving forward. It is time to start healing, forgiving, and loving, not just those closely involved in this case, but everyone in this nation. This needs to happen on both sides. This was a tragic event for both families and an entire community is being destroyed. We need to join hands across the nation and vow to work together instead of bickering back and forth about the evidence, who was right, who was wrong, because in the end it's not helping. It is only perpetuating the chaos, the racial bigotry on both sides, and the hatred and violence.

Hey ATS community, how about instead of arguing evidence and our own prejudices and clouded judgment, we start talking about how to help this community and nation heal and love one another. Let us be part of the solution and not the problem.

edit on 25-11-2014 by watchdog because: grammar

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I was LE in the early 2000s. I micro-tape recorded all my interactions. It saved my butt in many of instances.

If I were still LE, I would be wearing one voluntarily.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join