It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

And your very lucky that is how it turned out.

Again, attack someone, and you risk being shot. Don't want to be shot???? Don't attack someone.

And LEO aren't there to play fair. They are there to enforce the laws and go home at the end of the shift.

Very simple.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
There are too many loudmouths with pointless opinions in this world. A young man is dead, a community is in turmoil, and the ATS 'blame darkie' brigade is out in full force starring each other and patting each other on the back for their perpetuation of racial tension.

You're living in a powderkeg, and most of you seem either too dense to realize it or waiting to actualize some sick Turner Diaries wet dream. Some of you appear to be frothing at the mouth for a chance to give these 'thugs' and 'looters' and 'Obama voters' a taste of racial warfare.

Seriously? Blame the "darkie brigade"? Let me remind you and this isn't an opinion, this is factual, these "people" are not Americans. They stand behind a history that doesn't exist anymore, which what I am getting at is the very fact they are the only individual group to call themselves "african american." Why? Do I need to start calling myself "England American?" NOPE! Because it is stupid! These people are STUPID! They are whatever first and not American. Anyone of you that support these people are no better than those in Ferguson and can kindly join them when the SHTF, so we can trim the herd and not just the fat.

These people are not justified in any shape or form because it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM. It is between the victim's family and the state. THE STATE WON, GET OVER IT.

We do not see "England Americans"(joke) rioting and protesting because OJ isn't in jail.

Kindly drink your tea because it is none of anyone business.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Flavian
Do the forensics prove it?.

Yes. The evidence was read on the air last night when the verdict was read. Browns DNA and blood were on the police car door, inside the police car, and even on WIlsons pants. Also, the photographic evidence was presented showing Wilson with the punch marks to the head that were inflicted upon him by Brown when he reached inside the cop car to punch him and try to take his gun. The evidence is very clear and it doesn't lie. Brown reached inside the car, punched the cop a few times, and tried to steal his gun.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Quoting you in hopes that it gets read again!!

Would love to go on but family is coming in and all.

Seasons Greetings!

Assault is assault.

I received two years probation for assault and battery due to a red mark left by a side handed slap against the persons upper arm / shoulder.

Frankly, what I saw from the photos of the officers "wounds" looks far less than what I was found guilty of.

Hardly a cause for such force in response.

link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Whoa...I'm not taking any side on this...I'm just passing on what limited information I have in regards to states of emergency and property damage. As for employees...I don't know. They would need to contact their county offices. Which given the circumstances, I can't see opening until next Monday at the earliest.

it wasnt an attack...sorry if i came off that way...
i do want to know about them though...
the business owners might be ok but the clock punchers are now out of a job...perfect timing...right before the holidays....
yeah, theyre not gonna be pissed about that

sorry again if you thought i was attacking you...i was not

on a different note, i sure cant wait till this starts in cleveland and gets close to my neighborhood

im just outside cleveland...last night there were protests about the 12 year old that got shot...
they have not released the race of the cop yet but i have a feeling if it comes out that he was white, the fit is going to hit the shan.
my city is very integrated with every race and creed. should be interesting how it plays out around here...

its going to be ferguson all over again

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I attacked two police officers before...
Put one in an ambulance...

They didn't shoot me, they just outnumbered me and beat the # out of me...
Wilson had back up...
They could have done the same that happened to me, very simple.

a reply to: macman

Whilst i wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments there, it is in fairness a bit different in Blighty. We only get gun cops out if there are reports of weapons involved in an incident. I suspect if you had thought they would all be gun wielding coppers, you probably wouldn't have attacked them....

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Disagreement is Strawman?

Very mature response.

If you apply for the force, pass the academy, and qualify on the range, then yes you'd be just as qualified as Wilson.

& therein lies the problem imo.

link   

originally posted by: johngrissom

originally posted by: Monger

Seriously? Blame the "darkie brigade"? Let me remind you and this isn't an opinion, this is factual, these "people" are not Americans. They stand behind a history that doesn't exist anymore, which what I am getting at is the very fact they are the only individual group to call themselves "african american." Why? Do I need to start calling myself "England American?" NOPE! Because it is stupid! These people are STUPID! They are whatever first and not American. Anyone of you that support these people are no better than those in Ferguson and can kindly join them when the SHTF, so we can trim the herd and not just the fat.

These people are not justified in any shape or form because it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM. It is between the victim's family and the state. THE STATE WON, GET OVER IT.

We do not see "England Americans"(joke) rioting and protesting because OJ isn't in jail.

Kindly drink your tea because it is none of anyone business.

THE STATE WON, GET OVER IT?

Hmmm.
edit on 25-11-2014 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I'll tell you why - disenfranchisement, systemic racism.

That exists but it doesn't change the fact that Wilson acted in self defense and that Brown is the one who reached inside a cop car, punched out a cop, and tried to steal his gun. This full grown man then proceeded to aggressively make a run at Wilson. That's when Wilson shot him. Self defense. The jury verdict was accurate and appropriate.

Disenfranchisement and racism are a separate issue from Wilsons innocence in this matter.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So all LEOs should be sharpshooters now?

Damn right they should...
& if they don't pss Sharpshooter classes then all they should get is a taser & pepper spray...

f you're panicking and trying to save your own life, you'd probably miss a few shots as well.

Well I'm not armed to protect and serve the community around me...
I'm not expected to use due diligence in a confrontational situation...
I'm not trained in armed combat...

Hey give me a gun & a badge...
I'm just as qualified as Wilson it seems.

You wouldn't have many police with those requirements. The simple fact is that most people, police included, are not and never will be particularly good shots with a handgun. Its not nearly as easy in real life as it is on TV. With such requirements, you'd have a tough time finding people willing to be police in Chicago, DC, Baltimore, Detroit, or anywhere else where inner city gangs are a problem. Not many are going to want that job if they can't carry a firearm.
edit on 25-11-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Flavian
Do the forensics prove it?.

Yes. The evidence was read on the air last night when the verdict was read. Browns DNA and blood were on the police car door, inside the police car, and even on WIlsons pants. Also, the photographic evidence was presented showing Wilson with the punch marks to the head that were inflicted upon him by Brown when he reached inside the cop car to punch him and try to take his gun. The evidence is very clear and it doesn't lie. Brown reached inside the car, punched the cop a few times, and tried to steal his gun.

Ps. The evidence was not read on the air the prosecusion read their argument. Their was not a trial based on evidence in a normal trial way. They only had to prove wilson A. Has never done this before and B. Was involved in a skirmish. Thats all he needs for qualified immunity.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

And your very lucky that is how it turned out.

Again, attack someone, and you risk being shot. Don't want to be shot???? Don't attack someone.

And LEO aren't there to play fair. They are there to enforce the laws and go home at the end of the shift.

Very simple.

Don't want to be shot???? Don't attack someone. I couldn't agree more.

LEO aren't there to play fair?

Isn't fair supposedly what the law is meant to reflect? Fairness? Justice?

Sorry, I just don't see it as being very simple. In fact, I see it as being far more complex.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
But then ran away? Again the rules of engagement are that he has to be fearing his life.

Ran off a hundred feet or so and then turned around and ran back towards the officer in a very aggressive manner, refusing to stop. Brown had already assaulted the officer and tried to steal his gun. Obviously the life of Wilson was in danger. The shooting was justified.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

So tell me this brown was reaching for his gun when he was running away and shot in the back? How was the officer fearing for his life if brown was running away?

thats not the way it happened
you must have missed the facts that have been presented on every page of this thread

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I agree it's different here...

But I also see that as a plus...
We've not had many death by cop in England...

& I think the reason for that is the training.

I suspect if you had thought they would all be gun wielding coppers, you probably wouldn't have attacked them....

In the heat of that moment, I can't guarantee that.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

Hey give me a gun & a badge...
I'm just as qualified as Wilson it seems.

Well I'm a high school grad I'm over 5 foot 3 I'll get a badge and a gun and I'm joining the PD
edit on 25-11-2014 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

How is passing the required tests part of the problem? He passed all of the hurdles in front of him to become an LEO. If you do the same, you're just as qualified as him.

Are you saying the testing should be more stringent? I could agree with you on that point. I believe becoming an LEO is a little too easy in most places. But on the other hand, it shouldn't be nearly impossible.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Fair in terms of fighting.

If you attack a LEO, they have tools to use. One of those is a firearm.

When you attack a LEO, they aren't there to go toe to toe, round and round and so on.

It is very simple. Don't want to be shot. Don't attack people.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The evidence was not read on the air the prosecusion read their argument.

Yes it was. The DNA and blood evidence were read on the air ... live ... for everyone to hear. Brown reached into the cop car, assaulted the cop, tried to take his gun. Then, a minute later, he charged toward the cop in an aggressive manner that was threatening. Brown wasn't 'shot in the back'. Not even close. Those are the forensic facts. and yes, they were read on the air.

link   
a reply to: nullafides

Frankly, I think it is highly probable that racism in the way that the officer reacted was to some degree involved.

I have no idea if that is the case? However, I think its more probable that being called to pick up a robbery suspect played more of a part with the officers demeanour than the suspects colors.

Its apparent that Cops aren't liked very well in certain communities and so its reasonable to expect a cop to have over heighten adrenalin ruining through his body and having a fear for his life in certain areas.

I also think it the reaction on the officers side was most likely unnecessary and an overreaction.

I don't doubt that for a second but I assume that you or myself don't work in a field where a mundane thing can get you killed . So do we expect these cops to be superhuman and not have emotion and fear to set in?

I also find it rather probable to come to the conclusion that Brown behaved violently.

I actually don't know if that is factual because I haven't really looked at the evidence yet.

Being a 18 year male once my self I know I did a lot of stupid things when testosterone was doing the thinking for me.

However, the real sad thing is that our law enforcement system is broken because to many kids and young adults are getting killed. To bad the focus on that is being taken away with this racism crap.

edit on 301130America/ChicagoTue, 25 Nov 2014 09:30:03 -0600up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

I seriously doubt last night would have happened if the police chief had been fired after the leaks or if the governor had appointed a special prosecutor for the grand jury.

i seriously think the only thing that could have possibly prevented last night would have been an indictment.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join