It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

At least a dozen buildings were torched and looted, many of them local businesses that police said were total losses. Dozens of cars -- including two police cruisers and rows of vehicles at a car dealership -- were also vandalized and left charred. St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said he heard about 150 gunshots, none from police

Oh they wen't with option 1

Option 1. Misdirection of anger and hate then continue with the cycle and make negative changes for the future.

Option 2. Take a breather analyse the situation and make a positive difference for the future.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Resorting to calling me a parrot again, I see.

So when you no longer have facts to support your opinion, you resort to name-calling.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

So just to be clear brown stole two cigars and there is no proof he reached for a gun or punched a cop.

Except there IS proof.

And he did't get shot for stealing.

Out of curiosity, is it ok to steal as long as its two cigars? Not sure what your reason was for saying that.
edit on NovTue, 25 Nov 2014 08:54:03 -060003.tham030314p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Without taking sides in this incendiary event in Ferguson, I AM watching it closely to burst out into major Civil Disobedience in other cities. I lived thru the Rodney King trial and riots in Los Angeles, and know how the slightest mistake can be disastrous. (In that riot, the governor also sent National Guard to LA. But ... they arrived without their weapons, and refused to enter that shooting-gallery unarmed. So LA burned while the National Guard sat in their Los Angeles Armory.)

With Team Obama constantly cooking up anything and everything to declare Martial Law, Ebola and immigration have been moved to the back burner and Ferguson is back on the front burner. I'm asking people to rise above the obvious emotionalism being stoked by the media, and watch for this rioting to spread.

Here's my timeline for this "created" incendiary event:

1) New African American St. Louis Station Chief to St. Louis is appointed on June 27. To this day, they are more concerned with "civil rights" than directly dealing with the most dangerous elements: violence, outside agitators, destruction of property, etc.

www.fbi.gov...
ST. LOUIS FBI OFFICE

2) A white Ferguson cop who's never fired his gun before, over-reacts and "goes fatal" on a belligerent black kid. This scenario plays out every day, possibly every hour, in cities all over the U.S. Only the cops use words instead of bullets, and, as a last result, cuff and arrest the kid.

3) Regardless of the morph'ing number of incoming police, national guard, etc., sent to Ferguson, their strategy from the beginning has been messed up. New Urban Violence protocols went into place in most cities after OWS. The details are classified, but the general idea is that you isolate/contain the most violent individuals/streets with barricades and lines of armed law enforcement - guns holstered, but plenty of handcuffs and Jail-Rail trucks standing by. This keeps the most violent (and possibly paid) agitators from running around creating new hot-spots - even in areas with peaceful and unarmed protesters who may get killed in the cross-fire, and inflame the situation further.

4) Ferguson/St. Louis law enforcement said they were ready - but they weren't. The paid agitators were "ready," with inflammatory devices to burn down a dozen buildings, and bricks to be thrown at law enforcement - who could then unholster their guns "in self defense". The most telling tidbit from last night, was that the police were so busy responding to the fires, they couldn't man the barricades to isolate/contain the most violent (and prepared) agitators.

Please stay alert, folks, and don't be manipulated by the over-emotionalism spun in the media. These riots and fires are spiraling out of control, above and beyond the original event, and are being manipulated toward Team Obama's goal of Martial Law.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara
He had a tazer, and plenty of distance between them when he shot him dead. He should have used that instead. And even with the giant target he shot at, he still missed a few times.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: elfrog

originally posted by: muse7
So what's the point of looting and setting local businesses on fire?

No point whatsoever. Wouldn't be surprized if all the businesses close up move out. These damages will not be covered by insurance, so who can afford to build a business only to have it repeatedly destroyed by idiots.

A state of emergency was declared. If a business has insurance, they'll get a payout. States of emergency do more than mobilize responders, they have economic factors as well. Hell, they might even qualify for federal funds depending on the wording.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

He couldn't hit a kneecap but he could get 2 direct head shots?

How fast do you think a 250lbs man can run?

I'm not buying it.

Whatever it took to stop the brute before he gets his arms around you and breaks your back.

I think the force was excessive.

link   

link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara

So just to be clear brown stole two cigars and there is no proof he reached for a gun or punched a cop.

Except there IS proof.

??? Were you on the jury. The only proof is his theft of two cigars. Its heirsay wether he reached for the officers gun.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Oh they wen't with option 1

Option 1. Misdirection of anger and hate then continue with the cycle and make negative changes for the future.

of course they did.
something else i heard on the feed...
"i smell like weed. you know they gonna get me"

i am very much pro mj, legalization but did this person think it was the best idea to hit the protest stoned, smelling like sherm....

its all the little things like that that really got me last night...
the guy in the crowd holding people back and telling them to calm down only to be called an uncle tom and be accused of being a fed

i really did expect it to play out this way, but i was in disbelief when i was watching...

i feel bad for the citizens that have no job as of last night cause their business burned
i feel bad for all the kids of these people that are going to have their heads pumped with hate and be told last night was all the evil cops...

gonna pass that hate and entitlement and not having to take responsibility right on to the next generation

snake eating its tail forever

link   
Van Jones just said that the black youth of Ferguson have now adopted the white culture meme of Guy Fawkes,/Anonymous global protest tactics.

Whaaa!?

Anon has a color? LoL!

Eta...Don Lemon made him clarify by saying "..wait a minute, I know you're not trying to blame white people for the rioting.." or very close to that and Jones said "No. I'm saying the global protest movement has come to Ferguson. "

Or close to it. It was a dodgey moment. LoL! Way to pull back the crazy there CNN!

edit on 11/25/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   

Except there IS proof.

Even if there was no proof: When a cop points a gun at you , do what he says unless you want to commit suicide.

Perhaps the lesson here is that we need more public announcement broadcast bands to tell the public stop what they are doing the minute a cop points a gun at you.

Silly me and I always thought that warning to NOT put a plastic bag over your head was idiotic.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: elfrog

Whatever it took to stop the brute before he gets his arms around you and breaks your back.

So now Mike Brown was a superhuman who could snap a man of equal size in half?

The defence of excessive force is getting preposterous.
edit on 25-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Except witnesses and the officer said he was acting like he was reaching for a gun. Or that's what the prosecuting attorney said last night.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

He couldn't hit a kneecap but he could get 2 direct head shots?

How fast do you think a 250lbs man can run?

I'm not buying it.

I think the force was excessive.

Considering he basically mag-dumped and only six shots hit him, I think it was pure luck that he struck Brown in the head. Wilson probably wasn't aiming for the head, but I'm not him so I can't say. I do know that he was a # shot though.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Of course. Black people can't use a computer.

link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: nullafides
All I hear from the majority of members here is a blatant regurgitation of what they've been told all their life or what MSM is currently saying.

Have an original thought. I'm not saying be pro-brown, I'm saying at least think about it. Come up with something *different*, at least by 5 degrees, from the party line.

Just speaking for myself, I'd do that, except that I don't see any reason to make up a story here. The 'party line' seems perfectly reasonable and the most likely explanation of events based on the evidence I've seen.

And most certainly the police has no reason to make up a story.

Nope. Not at all.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. You can say the same for the other side, though.

Again, though, I'm only speaking of my opinion, and to that extent, the evidence I've seen suggests that the police version of events is likely accurate.

Much like my opinion is that we simply and truly don't know one way or the other.

However, I do find it just as probable that either side is as likely as the other.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

A state of emergency was declared. If a business has insurance, they'll get a payout. States of emergency do more than mobilize responders, they have economic factors as well. Hell, they might even qualify for federal funds depending on the wording.

are all the people that are out of a job going to get a pay out too or are then # out of luck?
not the business owners...the clock punchers at the auto parts store and the mcdonalds...

what about them?

protestors didnt seem to care.....

cathys restaurant was saved though....maybe they can hire hundreds more tomorrow

link   
a reply to: interupt42

Agreed!! Maybe there should be a lesson on that in school?

link   

Except there IS proof.

What i am saying is a police officer shouldnt be able to murder someone for stealing two cigars. Its a misdemeanor. I personally dont think brown was a saint but it doesnt give an officer the right to end his life. We have due process in the united states. The officer had many non leathal options. Backup, tasers, submissions, pepper spray. If he was trained to properly handle stress it wouldnt have gone down like this.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join