It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Ahhh. It's the Jews fault. Is there any blame for, say, Germans who fled Germany because of what was going on and turned their backs on everybody else? Or is "well we got ours so eff you" the way to think? Is it Mike Brown's fault he didn't move?

When will your family be leaving the US? Y'know, since we're the same as 1930s Germany and all.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

/facepalm

Those 6 million Jews were not just from Germany. You are just making yourself look silly at this point.

I provided a link for your edification on my last post, which you obviously didn't read. In 1933 when the Nazis took power there were roughly 500k Jews. Immediately nearly 100k left within the first year, and they steadily emigrated out. By 1939 there were only 95k were still in Germany. another 100k were int he newly annexed Austria.

By September 1939, approximately 282,000 Jews had left Germany and 117,000 from annexed Austria. Of these, some 95,000 emigrated to the United States, 60,000 to Palestine, 40,000 to Great Britain, and about 75,000 to Central and South America, with the largest numbers entering Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Bolivia. More than 18,000 Jews from the German Reich were also able to find refuge in Shanghai, in Japanese-occupied China.

So of 6 million, only 200k were from Germany/Austria. The rest, again, were from the territories Germany invaded.

You should just bow out of that specific topic and stick to your equally less educated discussion of how Law Enforcement Officers should do their jobs.
edit on 6-12-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Actually, I don't really care. I just know US citizens will not willingly be killed in the streets. That is where we are at now. All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. I wish the protesters good will and hope they can stop bad police policies that have taken over.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Actually, I don't really care. I just know US citizens will not willingly be killed in the streets. That is where we are at now. All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. I wish the protesters good will and hope they can stop bad police policies that have taken over.

Really, that says it all. "I don't care that I was wildly inaccurate in many of my comments and don't care about learning anything more, I'm just going to continue to spout off." If you don't want "evil" to triumph, what are you doing about it? Wishing well for people? Hoping? Moving to another country? Anything? Anything at all?

Though I expect this will get ignored just like many of the other questions you apparently find inconvenient.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

This thread is not about the holocaust history. I am not a history major, just what I have read. Just like you. If you are a cop, you have proved my point with your "I am better than you" attitude. Have a good day.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Shamrock6

This thread is not about the holocaust history. I am not a history major, just what I have read. Just like you. If you are a cop, you have proved my point with your "I am better than you" attitude. Have a good day.

You're right, it's not a thread about history. You're the one who started trying to use historical examples to back up your stance. Don't get angry that they were completely inaccurate, and that it was pointed out to you.

And really, my career field has nothing to do with knowing history

You have a good day too!
edit on 6-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm not a history major either, but I have several degrees and had to take more than a few history credits. (mostly for fun)

I'm not involved in any way with LE, but several family members are ex military converted to LEO. They are nothing but outstanding examples of their community and would never trample the rights of their fellow countrymen. Most officers of the law in the US are of the same mind set. They will enforce laws allowed by the constitution. If a law is passed that violates the constitution the SCOTUS will typically remedy that situation.

Edit: Granted my family members were mostly officers and aren't in your typical beat officer roles which are usually where you see morons with a complex if you do see them.
edit on 6-12-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Perhaps a sub-culture inside the culture.

Obama's Domestic Army

www.youtube.com...

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I have nothing but respect for people like you with high standards. But that is not what is happening in Ferguson. I went to high school in the St Louis area in the 60's. This has been brewing for a long time. Policies, job losses have "rounded up the poor, mostly black," concentrated in small area. Again, I see ghettos like what I read about that the Nazi's did to the Jews. I read The Diary of Anne Frank at 10, which led me to read other material. I just see a "police state" coming instead of high standards set by the constitution.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I just watched a YouTube video purporting to show Michael Brown beating and robbing an old man. I can't say how they identified the person as Michael Brown. I can't say that it is him.
Here is a link to the site that has it up:
Link

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That is not him, brown was 6'4 and the guy punching is like the shortest person there.

But hey he is large and black so it might be him I guess?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

That is not him, brown was 6'4 and the guy punching is like the shortest person there.

But hey he is large and black so it might be him I guess?

No.
I don't think it is him.
But the people running that site seem to think that is him. Seems like a pretty big leap to me. I wonder if his family could sue? Is there any legal footing for them there?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I know you said that you can't say that it is him, but nothing in there saying that you don't think it is.
Glad to see you don't think it is him though.

Cause yes, this is a huge leap for anyone to try and say for sure it is him.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The video is 2 years old, so if it is brown he might not be fully 6'4", however the guy in the video isn't short at all.

I'm trying to find the snopes article on it.

Edit: www.snopes.com...
edit on 13-12-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Well look at the source of it and save your self the time.
It's not him.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

The video is 2 years old, so if it is brown he might not be fully 6'4", however the guy in the video isn't short at all.

I'm trying to find the snopes article on it.

Edit: www.snopes.com...

edit on 6pm1213America/ChicagoSat, 13 Dec 2014 23:14:24 -06001412112014-12-13T23:14:24-06:00 by wanderingconfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

So ya its not him.
The person in the video is shorter and larger then brown.

It's sad the info people will push

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

The person in the video is around 6' - 6'2", so height isn't the issue. There are stills of the kid in the video where he is several inches taller than the others.

As far as his complexion goes, all races get darker when they tan. The images that Snopes uses compares a picture of Brown in the middle of winter to the character in the video. To me this shows an extreme ignorance by the white writer of the article. I personally go from ghostly pale in the winter to almost Mexican in the summer.

The reason I don't think it is Brown is that his facial features don't seem to match in the semi clear shots you get of the persons face, as well as the fact that Brown did not have pierced ears. To me, the person in the video purported to be Brown actually seems like a much older person. At the 0:50 and 0:56 marks you get pretty clear shots of the persons face. It does not appear to be Brown.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Also, one other thing I noticed: When I go frame by from in the original one and compare it to a frame by frame of the one listed above, it appears that the "reposted" version lowers the quality of the video to make it harder to make out features. This indicates dishonesty to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Ya when they are on the steps but once they walk down he isn't taller then them by several inches.

But yes this guy looks nothing like him

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114 >>

join