It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science News..........."If Planet X exists........."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Greetings and Salutations- Planet X "is".. It is one of the reasons for having 12 hours for day; 12 hours for night; 12 months for the year...

Remember when 'Pluto' was considered a planet? That would make 9 planets. Ancient Greek the number 10 was designated by an 'X' So, sew, 9 + 1 = X, 1 for the day, 1 for the night = 12. 9+1+1+1=12

namaste

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

This subtitle gave me a laugh given how many on here vowed that Planet X did not exist.

did not exist at all or didn't exist the way many said it existed, for instance on a 3600 year orbit?

Obviously not conclusive proof, but some now think it is possible.

Some have always thought it possible.

So we've gone from an idea that was considered crazy to a chance that is slim. Interesting. Maybe I won't have to change my name afterall..

NO,

you have always thought it existed as per what you posted in the last 2 years.

You would have to change it if a planet is found and named because it wont be named planet x.

This is just insane, its like you have forgotten why undiscovered planets are labeled as planet X.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Greetings and Salutations- Planet X "is".. It is one of the reasons for having 12 hours for day; 12 hours for night; 12 months for the year...

Well today I had 14 hours day time if not more, slept through most of it but there was way more than 12 hours of day today and less than 12 hours of night.

12 months for a year using a certain calenders, use a lunar calender and you get 13 months.

Ancient Greek the number 10 was designated by an 'X

No X is roman numeral for 10 not ancient Greek, 10 in ancient Greek is a bit different.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

12 hours for 'day' 12 hours for 'night' .. What would happen if You were in Alaska during certain times of the year? When the Light shines for 22 hours? Does this make 'night' 2 hours?

These are rhetorical in nature.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Yes, it does. Incidentally I've been to Alaska in the summer when night lasted barely two hours. Sleeping during parts of the day was very much a reality one had to get used to.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
I have seen this object at sunrise,/

But somehow amateur astronomers have managed to miss this? No, we're not that incompetent. There were a lot of us at Chiefland Astronomy Village last week who observed from sunset to sunrise and we didn't see any new planets in the inner solar system. And again, you're proving my point; this story completely disagrees with your claim that it's in the inner solar system. It contradicts you.
edit on 25-11-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I have no issue with a possible "Planet X" residing somewhere far far out beyond Neptune and Pluto -- and even astronomers really have had no real problem with the possibility of a body like this existing.

However, when we start talking about Nibiru, and how this alleged planet swoops through the inner solar system every 3600 years or whatever, then I and astronomers start finding that idea highly problematic. Any body that swoops through the inner solar system like Nibiru is alleged to do would leave behind tell-tale signs in the orbits of the rest of the known planets -- and it doesn't.

In that respect, Planet X and Nibiru are two different concepts. That's like saying that finding a previously unknown species of apes on an island in Indonesia is proof that Bigfoot exists in the American Northwest.

Finding Planet X does not necessarily make the Nibiru story a true one.

Even if there is a large "Planet X" residing in the far-out reaches of the solar system, then its existence would only be a scientific curiosity for all intents and purposes. Sure -- it would be cool to re-write the textbooks, and scientist would have something new to study, but if such a Planet X exists, then it has always existed, and the solar system is the shape it is because of it...

...but it's not like discovering it would mean that new effects from it would suddenly occur here on earth. If Planet X exists way out there, then it's been doing its thing unknown to us for 4.5 Billion years. Suddenly having the knowledge of its existence won't change what it is doing.

edit on 11/25/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It's good to see this thread has generated some interest and is hopefully provoking people to think and question this topic (if they are in doubt) it is a shame some people have to get all gnarly and disrespectful.

Ok to those who have brought up some points directed at me..well i'm quite capable of using skymap and determining if what i saw is a known planetery body,which it wasn't...might want to mention that to the many people globally who are seeing this FACT...here's umteen pages worth of images and videos:poleshift.ning.com...

As for orbital mechanics,like i said we are not talking about the usual scenario..it has a highly elliptical orbit between 2 foci i.e. Nemesis and the Sun,some have also likened this to a sling orbit,with repulsion being taken into account and from what i garner it slows down as it approaches it's foci points and then speeds up when outward bound.

Look Guys i deal in facts..i will present some info that is justifiably questionable.

What are these images that are NOT any known planet that are appearing almost daily on the SOHO cams,which even correspond to second sun photos i.e. in location on Earth and in space on SOHO?..74 blog pages on these images right here:poleshift.ning.com... why are NASA editing and shutting off this program as well?

I must just say these are not "crank sites" as someone rudely put it..this is genuine DATA from their old buddies mainstream.

Check out this data from BATRUS,showing unprecedented deformities and compressions of the magnetosphere,also to add this data has gone offline many times:poleshift.ning.com...
poleshift.ning.com...

Why are there Earthquakes going unreported on the USGS? this data also went offline recently and many in the 'pro PX' movement are seriously debating whether this global data system was tampered with,so from now on EQs will not register at their true magnitude.

The same goes for tsunami buoys,which are especially active around the proximity of Indonesia etc (the indo Australian plate) this data also has been registering 150m fluctuations in the sea bed/tec.plates. and also gone offline temporarily:poleshift.ning.com...

Why is google sky blocked out?

Why are the sun and moon off coarse and not showing their 'supposed' phase? another little pointer is when the sun rose 2 days early in Greenland,BTW the reasons from so called experts are truely laughable:www.dailymail.co.uk...

It seems the asian news agancies will tackle this,don't assume all nations will take the same approach in suppressing this info as does the West..in fact no news agency in the West will entertain the two sun phenomena...try it for yourself see what you get:
www.youtube.com...
www.ibtimes.com...

Meteor increase is another biggy considering the stark increase over recent years (onland) and to think our planet is mostly water? how many have gone unnoted?

Another interesting development was the recent 'unknown explosion' in the Urals Russia..now many speculated (on this site) that it was a nuke or meteor..well i was surprised that the most compelling evidence and circumstances (for the most part) got overlooked..a methane release and explosion is the most plausible cause IMO analyse for yourselves:poleshift.ning.com...
Here we have the sinkhole that appeared shortly after the explosion:poleshift.ning.com...

We also have mass die offs which are also methane related whether on land or at sea.Add to this the train derailments,gas/chemical explosions,building collapse,mine explosions,draining lakes,sinkholes,loud booms/frequencies (caused by rock strata friction) we have floods when there is no rain (basically the plates are pushing or hindering the flow of rivers to the sea,therefore floods) EQs,volcanoes,water at the seashores disappearing, i may well have missed some out there lol but you can see the picture being painted-now add all this together and apply it to a map and we can clearly see that this is all tectonic plate related and surprise surprise there is no joining the dots by our establishments and well they have also outright lied..again..
Now i don't know about the trolls on here? but i do give a damn about my fellow people and all the aforementioned areas are indeed a very,very big issue..we were having large quakes right here in the middle of Europe (not unheard of but very unusual) and you try being 4 floors up when the building is wobbling like jelly and you have your kids there!

Time and time again there are those who attack threads like this, it speaks volumes! and they have the cheek to attack others when they bring nothing to the table except indoctrinated.regurgitated 'theories' well here are some facts to digest..

There is so,so,so much more to add to this,but i''l leave it there for know.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Ok to those who have brought up some points directed at me..well i'm quite capable of using skymap and determining if what i saw is a known planetery body,which it wasn't...might want to mention that to the many people globally who are seeing this FACT...here's umteen pages worth of images and videos:poleshift.ning.com...

Can provide any evidence of your own knowledge and what you are capable of?

Maybe take a pic of this planet X you see and give viewing direction and a basic location and show the readers how its not any known planetary body or some other known celestial object.

Look Guys i deal in facts..i will present some info that is justifiably questionable.

Great,

I guess we will wait for you to provide these facts you deal in, pole shift . org doesn't help your stance much.

Time and time again there are those who attack threads like this, it speaks volumes!

Not attack but point out that saying things time and time again wont make a fact if its incorrect to start with.

Now I hope what you posted, all those questions, Google sky and everything else, isn't the justifiably questionable stuff you mentioned because everything you asked has been answered numerous times on ATS.

Whole threads were created for some of the questions you ask, search is your friend or better yet just go threads in the 2012 forum and its all there.

Anything new to add that hasn't been discussed and debated over and over or are you just going to recycle old debates/discussion hoping for a different outcome?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Time and time again there are those who attack threads like this, it speaks volumes!...

Wait -- So finding scientific inaccuracies and critical thinking issues with a hypothesis expressed in a thread is now somehow evidence supporting that hypothesis?

How so?

The argument that "The fact that so many people cite problems with the existence of Nibiru means that there must be some truth the the existence of Nibiru" makes no sense. How does what people say here on ATS (either for or against Nibiru) make the existence of Nibiru any less or more likely?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That's your opinion not fact. What if in a 1000 years a planet comes swooping through the solar system? There is a lot out there at the edge of our solar system. Based on the theory of Nibiru, it has an elliptical orbit. It's already starting to become expected that most gas giants orbit close to their star.

Gas Giants

So why are our gas giants so far away? Maybe some rogue planet messed up the orbits of our planets. Maybe the ancient texts are a lot older than MSM portrays. Maybe last time the planet came through the solar system it was flung out of orbit of our star indefinitely. Maybe the orbit is just a lot longer.

There are all kinds of possibilities and our astronomers don't know everything We still know very little about our solar system in the grand scheme of things. You saying this is completely false is a pretty grand statement.
edit on 25-11-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
When I was in grade school in the eighties I was taught all about planet x and how the orbits of the outer planets pointed to some unknown large body being outside of the solar system. I was shown the theorized elliptical orbit and everything.

I just think it is funny that some people think it's impossible or some sort of recent internet hoax. In the 70's there was a lot of talk about our solar system possibly being a binary system with a brown dwarf which they called nemesis being theorized to orbit our sun.

I think that both theories are related and correct and that there is a dwarf star with orbiting planets that does indeed interact with our system from time to time.
Edit
I also remember when they found it. It was big news in my school for a day and then it was just ignored after that. It was even in the paper.

I am convinced it does exist, the only question in my mind is how close is it and how close is it going to get. Should I build a storm shelter or just spend that money on a vacation or something instead because we are all going to die anyways.
edit on 25-11-2014 by johnnyBgood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Ok to those who have brought up some points directed at me..well i'm quite capable of using skymap and determining if what i saw is a known planetery body,which it wasn't...

"Skymap" is not even the proper method by which you should investigate such a thing if in fact you sincerely believe it to be "planet X." Skymap and other cell phone programs for basic constellation identification are notoriously unreliable and prone to mis-or-failed identification due to incorrect user settings, incorrect phone calibration, or just plain bad programing. Amateur astronomers like myself don't even need to use such software to identify our constellations and planets, we know the constellations by heart and we're generally in touch with where all the major planets can be found at any given time. If we see something we can't identify we use proper astrometry to measure its position, not "skymap."

might want to mention that to the many people globally who are seeing this FACT...here's umteen pages worth of images and videos:poleshift.ning.com...

Images and video from people like you who mistake ordinary things for "planet X" (mostly lens flares on that zetatalk cult webpage). Again, you seem to think that regular people can see it by eye but somehow thousands upon thousands of amateur astronomers who study the skies and know it far better than you somehow miss it every time.

As for orbital mechanics,like i said we are not talking about the usual scenario..it has a highly elliptical orbit between 2 foci i.e. Nemesis and the Sun,

Elliptical orbits only require the parent body to reside at one focus, not both foci. "Free return" style trajectories like the kind used by the Apollo program are inherently unstable due to gravitational perturbations. Even for Apollo's short trips it required maintenance with course corrections to maintain the desired angle of approach. Over solar system distances it would be orders of magnitude more unstable over such long time frames (to say nothing of how such a body in the inner solar system would perturb the known planets' orbits). You're showcasing ignorance of orbital mechanics.

some have also likened this to a sling orbit,with repulsion being taken into account and from what i garner it slows down as it approaches it's foci points and then speeds up when outward bound.

That is not how any object moves in a real orbit. Celestial mechanics is not that complicated but you seem completely oblivious to how things actually move in space. Orbital velocity increases as an object approaches periapsis, it does not slow down as it approaches periapsis.

Look Guys i deal in facts..

Your "facts" are completely wrong.

What are these images that are NOT any known planet that are appearing almost daily on the SOHO cams,

Cosmic ray strikes.

I must just say these are not "crank sites" as someone rudely put it..

Zetatalk is an internet cult.

Why is google sky blocked out?

Because google is not particularly good at astronomy and since it's free software they have no motivation to fix a problem which only gives them more hits from lay people who don't know any better. Put it another way, google is NOT the source of any images on google sky. Those images existed long before google sky, and they are NOT blocked out if you go to the primary source of those images. Tell me, and this is not a rhetorical question, have you ever bothered to try to look up the "missing region" from the primary source material, the actual sky survey conducted long before google sky existed? Have you? I have, it's not missing.

In fact, in the case of the infamous "missing region from Orion" in google, film negatives from the original sky survey plates can be accessed in one of several libraries around the country. I will be visiting one of those locations in the next few weeks in order to photograph the original sky survey plate containing the region that is missing from google sky's mosaic. All google did was stitch the various sky survey plates together into an all-sky mosaic, a process which resulted in higher compression, lower quality, and gaps that were not present in the original sky survey. No serious researcher uses google sky or similar software to access the sky survey data for just that reason, but that does not mean it's a cover-up. You can go today to access the original sky survey film if you so wish, my flight's already booked but not for today.

Why are the sun and moon off coarse and not showing their 'supposed' phase?

They aren't, at least not to any degree you could see or measure by eye or even by telescope.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

another little pointer is when the sun rose 2 days early in Greenland,BTW the reasons from so called experts are truely laughable

Due to post size limitations this is the last bit I can respond to. Historically its been seen to rise as early as 2 weeks before its supposed to at polar locations, due to abnormally high amounts of atmospheric refraction caused by conditions such as Novaya Zemlya.

"In the next place, Gerrit de Veer states explicitly that he and two of his companions "saw the edge of the sun" on the 24th of January, and that on the 27th of that month they "all went forth and saw the sunne in his full round-nesse a little above the horizon"; and again, that on 31st they "went out and saw the sunne shine cleare"; and lastly, on the 8th of February, they "saw the sun rise south-east, and went down south south-west." On the intervening days, the weather being cloudy or otherwise unfavorable, they had no opportunity of observing the sun."

page cliii of "The three voyages of William Barentz to the Arctic regions."
At de Veer's location, 75 degrees 45 minutes north latitude, the sun's upper edge wasn't even supposed to be seen until February 9th. This was about 400 years ago, by the way, so no, not because of anything currently happening to the planet. I measure the sun's position in a manner the compensates for atmospheric refraction and guess what? It's right where it should be in the sky.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

When did science say that it is not possible for Planet X to exist?

Granted, they find it difficult to believe that a planet such as Nibiru exists, because if a planet passed through the other planets even 3,500 years ago, the signs of that planet passing through the solar system would still be evident today in the orbits of the planets. The planets would not orbit where they do today if a planet like Nibiru existed. We can't create a mathematical model of the solar system that includes a planet passing through every 3,500 years (or even every 20,000 years).

However, the idea of another planet-sized object out in the Kuiper belt is something that science has considered to be at least possible. That's not new.

But that potential "Planet X" is not the same thing as Stichin's Nibiru.

edit on 11/25/2014 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

That's your opinion not fact. What if in a 1000 years a planet comes swooping through the solar system?

Then you wouldn't see these tidally locked states you see all over the inner system, would you? It's not like they could become stable again in 1000 years.

Based on the theory of Nibiru...

The 'theory of Nibiru' is the bullcrap of Sitchin.

So why are our gas giants so far away? Maybe some rogue planet messed up the orbits of our planets.

Yet, they're amazingly regular. And amazingly planar. And there are these amazing states that just don't happen in 1000, or 3600, or 100000 years. But there they are.

Maybe the ancient texts are a lot older than MSM portrays. Maybe last time the planet came through the solar system it was flung out of orbit of our star indefinitely. Maybe the orbit is just a lot longer.

Maybe we were hunting antelopes with sharp sticks 15000 years ago. Maybe we had no writing then. We were poking clay tablets with reeds 3000 years ago.

There are all kinds of possibilities and our astronomers don't know everything We still know very little about our solar system in the grand scheme of things. You saying this is completely false is a pretty grand statement.

Leave the crank sites behind,and learn some science. Research how algebra and calculus work, then research some celestial mechanics. It's amazing. Don't waste all your time on Sitchin-esque twaddle.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Then you wouldn't see these tidally locked states you see all over the inner system, would you? It's not like they could become stable again in 1000 years.

I said what if a planet came through IN A 1000 years, never said it happened a 1000 years ago.

The 'theory of Nibiru' is the bullcrap of Sitchin.

And that's your theory

Yet, they're amazingly regular. And amazingly planar. And there are these amazing states that just don't happen in 1000, or 3600, or 100000 years. But there they are.

Why do you keep reading my statements wrong? I never said it had to happen in a certain amount of time. It could have been 10 million years ago for all I know.

Maybe we were hunting antelopes with sharp sticks 15000 years ago. Maybe we had no writing then. We were poking clay tablets with reeds 3000 years ago.

OK?

Leave the crank sites behind,and learn some science. Research how algebra and calculus work, then research some celestial mechanics. It's amazing. Don't waste all your time on Sitchin-esque twaddle.

Now this is just insulting. I'm actually highly educated. Based on your comprehension skills, maybe you could use some more education. Oh and your opinion still doesn't make anything fact.

edit on 25-11-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes Yes Yes...I love Nibiru! I'm a firm believer that it does exist and has existed...Just not the way it's been portrayed. The problem is putting a time stamp on such an event sweeping thru our solar system. Did something at one point in time collide with our Earth? It's possible but to state there is a possibility of a unknown object in our solar system is totally feasible. I mean we only have an infinite amount of stars out there.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Hi, as you seem to have some knowledge regarding astronomy :-) for us not so educated in the field, can you explain the following video that EndOfDays77 posted a few posts up, what we are seeing?

If you pick up the video from 21:00 were he is showing pictures taken out at sea of something that he provides sources too, and information to which he claims is not Venus.

I have watched the video and I have followed up on the sources and the information regarding were all the pictures were taken, time off day etc. I then also followed up on his claim off were Venus was at the time. But yet we see either Venus in the wrong location, or the pictures captured something else?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A large body existing beyond the Kuiper belt is possible, though with each sky survey we do, the possibility becomes more and more remote.

If there were a large celestial object out there, out there is where it stays. It can't be something that has a orbit that brings it even near our outer planets. The reason we know this is because of the orbital behavior of our known planets.

Between Mercury and Neptune, no planet has a highly eccentric orbit. Their orbits are highly stable. If you start bringing in a high mass object, the result is chaos, and our planets in our system end up with highly eccentric orbits.

Their orbits afterwards would not "calm down" either and become stable. They either keep their new orbit, or end up being ejected from the system, or falling into the sun.

A smaller mass object (a rocky Earth sized planet) let us say, might find it's way in "just right" and not have too much of an effect on Neptune, Uranus, Saturn or Jupiter.
But it would play hell with Mars, Earth, Venus and Mercury.

There's no evidence of that at all.

So if there is a Planet X (the scientific one, not the 3,600 year orbit, gold stealing, anunnaki filled one), it will be an object that is out there beyond the Kuiper belt and out there to stay. It would have absolutely no effect on our planet at all.

How about a "rogue" planet?

Sure. There is nothing to say that a "rogue" planet, drifting between stars could not end up passing through our solar system. It could always happen some time way in the future.

But for the past? No. Sorry, but again the stable orbits of our planets preclude that speculation.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
It's already starting to become expected that most gas giants orbit close to their star.

Gas Giants

So why are our gas giants so far away?

That isn't what that article says:

"The two largest planets in our Solar System, Jupiter and Saturn, are huddled close to our Sun, within 10 times the distance between the Earth and Sun,” he points out. “We found that this lack of gas-giant planets in more distant orbits is typical for nearby stars over a wide range of masses."

In other words our gas giants behave in exactly the same way as other systems.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join