It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crusade vs. Jihad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It disturbs me how much people are influenced by the media, its better to take it with a grain of salt and make your own conclusions, hell...it might be closer then what your being told.

Basically I see Jihad as basically no worse then the Crusades, Oh wait...I guess since its a Christian Jihad it's ok. aeeeeehhh
woaw woaw

It annoys me when people bad mouth the muslims for there beleifs...but it's ok for the christians to do it...I mean it only lasted 30 someodd years...Oh and I guess since it was a long time ago, that makes it ok too.
. . . . .

Someday today will be along time ago, so by most peoples logic their jihad will be acceptable, in a bit...

George Bush, I have no sources but I was told, he was "God led"....uhm...what's Usama motivation? Alah Led. 2 People Fighting the same war on opposite sides because of 2 different fairy tales.

If they were truly god led, they wouldn't be fighting. (same god/s)

Got a little off topic, But WooOOoOOOO

Somewhere in there is a topic.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
They are the same thing. Fools using religion to rationalise mass violence.

Remember the inquisition kiddies.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The crusades aren't acceptable - they're just not relevant.

The Christians of today aren't responsible for those acts.

The people involved in Jihad RIGHT NOW, ARE involved.

As for Bush - he feels he's acting in defense, as opposed to the Jihadists.

Maybe the Jihadists do to, in a way, but that would ruin my point, so nevermind.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Jihad is condoned in the Koran as in killing your enemies and infidels.Mohamed was an army leader and murderer and in the Koran it states that a man is allowed 4 wives he had something like twelve one he married she was only 6 and consummated the marriage when she was 9.i`m pretty sure there are threads on ATS that discusses the differences between Islam and Christianity.

The crusades from years ago are not condoned in the Bible,well not crusades in killing people but in only spreading the word of God that his Son died for our sins so that we may enter into a personal relationship with God,and i dont see any now day murderous crusades if there are they are wrong by God.So it is the people who are wrong not God.

If you are saying G.W Bush represents a true Christian lmoa.If he was a true Christian he would`nt have entered into a false war based on the evidence of lies and allowed anybody to lose their lives over it.I could easily compare G W bush to a Catholic Priest molesting the young ones in the sense that you want to find any bad example of a Christian to rubbish God.

In a program i watched recently on G W Bush on his life and rise to power,stated that he was an alcoholic and his wife was over time was getting more and more fed up with it and had threatened to take the kids and leave,because of this threat he went to church with her and became a Christian,dos`nt sound to me a great foundation for a start to Christianity,more like pressured into it like some parents might do with their kids.What he did find he got out of it was people thought he was a good man because he says hes a Christian.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
the true meaning of JIHAD

The word Jihad stems from the Arabic root word J-H-D, which means "strive." Other words derived from this root include "effort," "labor," and "fatigue." Essentially Jihad is an effort to practice religion in the face of oppression and persecution.

link

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
the true meaning of JIHAD

The word Jihad stems from the Arabic root word J-H-D, which means "strive." Other words derived from this root include "effort," "labor," and "fatigue." Essentially Jihad is an effort to practice religion in the face of oppression and persecution.

link

Thanks for the link bodrul,interesting sounds like the word Jihad has just become asotiated with killing,war and terrorism due to their prophets great examples,cant compare that to Christs life and teachings

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Crusade is aggression (gaining converts and lands).

Jihad is defense (repelling aggressors and removing them from your land, i.e. Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan or the US invasion of whatever (Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria).

In another context it could mean Jihad against myself (where I am trying to rid myself of bad habits).

And just so you know, as long as American Forces are on Muslim land, the Jihad will not end, because it is a duty. Insha'Allah we will be successful.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
9/11 was pure murder. Not part of any Jihad. (Same as is what's happening in Iraq. Murder)

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dixon
9/11 was pure murder. Not part of any Jihad. (Same as is what's happening in Iraq. Murder)

American Forces won't leave the mideast (Saudi Arabia and Kuwait just to name two) plus it props up oppressive regimes for access to cheap oil, and since it is too powerful militarily, one has to hit them in the pocketbook. Just like the collateral damage in all of America's wars, innocents get murdered while hitting your target (an "insurgent" or whatever).

On 9/11, there was a lot of collateral damage while hitting the target (WTC, Pentagon).

Read this interview with Bin Laden in May 1998

There was plenty of advance warning given. The American government kept on propping up dictators who were oppressing Muslims, just so they could have cheap access to oil. And not only that, keeping American forces on Holy Lands.

So, since the Americans brought the fight to them, which you are doing again by the way, they brought the fight to you. Pretty simple. And Bin Laden is very intelligent, and I agree with him.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Definition: \Ji*had"\, Jehad \Je*had"\, n. [Ar. jih[=a]d.] (Moham.)
A religious war against infidels or Mohammedan heretics;
also, any bitter war or crusade for a principle or belief.

Doesn't sound strictly defensive to me. Also if I am to believe this

Jihad is defense (repelling aggressors and removing them from your land, i.e. Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan or the US invasion of whatever (Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria).

Then I would have to ask why the war is carried on in our country, instead of just on their land?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Then I would have to ask why the war is carried on in our country, instead of just on their land?

Did you read the Bin Laden interview?

First of all, I'd rather get my definition of Jihad from the Qur'an than some Western dictionary, but to each his own.

And as for the attack on your country: They didn't come to America first, America came to them. Since America is too strong to be defeated militarily, you resort to other means (economic).

When America fights it wars, thousands of innocent people end up as "collateral damage," while they are hitting their targets (buildings and what not).

9/11, there was thousands of innocent people who ended up as "collateral damage," while they hit their targets (buildings and what not).

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
And theirs the difference Castle between Islam and Christianity no true Christian would murder or cheer at murdering innocent people,i agree with you that America should`nt have ever meddled in other countries affairs or economics they do with other countries as well even Australia and we`re not Islamic ,actually Islamic people in Indonesia have had a plan to take over the top half of Australia and make us an Islamic country not us trying to make them Christian should we bomb them and kill innocent people who dont have anything to do with it????now that would`nt be right now would it

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
And theirs the difference Castle between Islam and Christianity no true Christian would murder or cheer at murdering innocent people,i agree with you that America should`nt have ever meddled in other countries affairs or economics they do with other countries as well even Australia and we`re not Islamic ,actually Islamic people in Indonesia have had a plan to take over the top half of Australia and make us an Islamic country not us trying to make them Christian should we bomb them and kill innocent people who dont have anything to do with it????now that would`nt be right now would it

If Australia hasn't done anything to them, then yes, it is wrong. Not with violence anyway.

What's the name of the group you are referring to? I'm assuming you live there in Austrailia?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
sorry about the spelling cstyle but i`ll give it a go,gami islamia

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I found it...It's "Jamia Islamia." I'll check them out, and see what's up.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

could you give a link for that because when i look for meanings of Jihad i get the real ones ( not one that has been manipulated )

some to help you along

islam.about.com...
www.jihadwatch.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i think the muslims are entitled to save thier lands, but why make civilians suffer, its our rulers who need punishing, they drag our wives and husbands, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters into a war based on lies, when will the madness stop, we need to make a stand before its too late. Gandhi brought freedom to his land without the use of violence, and i believe we can do the same with our own rulers.

We are all equal jews, muslims, christians, budhists, hindus whatever you believe, dont let anyone tell you otherwise, and once more we are all free.

peace and hope be with you all

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
could you give a link for that because when i look for meanings of Jihad i get the real ones ( not one that has been manipulated )

Sure thing. Here ya go:
www.hyperdictionary.com...

Of course, both of our definitions are just words on a paper, no? The true definition is how it is implemented.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Funny Spain has no invaded or occuipeded an arab state. But the arabs had no problem invading spain. If Islamic army never got through greece, you wouldn't have this bosina, serbia, kosovo issue. Because those people would of never converted to Islam.

Spain just got rid of Muslims. Never had to deal with uprising by a muslim population down south like in bosnia and kosovo.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerminatorX
i think the muslims are entitled to save thier lands, but why make civilians suffer, its our rulers who need punishing, they drag our wives and husbands, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters into a war based on lies, when will the madness stop, we need to make a stand before its too late. Gandhi brought freedom to his land without the use of violence, and i believe we can do the same with our own rulers.

We are all equal jews, muslims, christians, budhists, hindus whatever you believe, dont let anyone tell you otherwise, and once more we are all free.

peace and hope be with you all

No we are not. Islam preaches death to non believers and tell's it followes to instill terror into non-believers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join