It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British MP Says Suicide Attacks in Iraq Legitimate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

London: British MP George Galloway has refused to condemn suicide attacks on the country's troops in Iraq in an interview being broadcast today.

Asked if he would condemn suicide bombers, the anti-war MP said: "I will not condemn an occupied people for using their legal rights, their legal rights as well as their moral rights to resist the illegal occupation of their country".

"It's [British Prime Minister Tony] Blair who put them in the way of the suicide bombers. It's Blair who put them in the way of the improvised explosive devices. It's Blair who sent them into this disaster. If they'd listened to me, they'd never have been in this mess in the first place."

Galloway makes the comments in a program to be shown on British TV's Channel Four tonight.

www.smh.com.au...

Excuse my ignorance as i am not familiar with Mr Galloway. I don't mean to 'wimp out' on personal
comment, but i do agree with him on one point...Iraq is a disaster.

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Iraq has been a distaster...I'll agree with him on that point...but to agree with the suicide bombers is disgusting, so he supports terror attacks against women and children, i bet he wouldn't say the same if he were in Iraq

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Actually the Iraqi people are forgetting that the best thing to do to get rid of the invaders is electing people that will make sure that they exercise the wishes of the people and not just the "elite" few.

But perhaps the people in Iraq sees that an election and elected officials will never do what they want, they will be supporting the invasion of their country anyway.

This will always bring into the mind of the people as how fair things are run in their country right now and who really is in charge.

Then we may understand as why they prefer to commit suicides and attacks rather than submit themselves to the poppet government that will always be on the side of the invaders and not the people.

What a dilemma.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Put yourselves in their place... we'd be blowing up people, places and things also if the shoe were on the other foot.

Of course, this government is classifying them all as "terrorists"
Every single one of them.

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Of course, this government is classifying them all as "terrorists"
Every single one of them.

Pathetic.

Lets not forget that if the patriot act 2 get its way we the citizens of the US will be also tag terrorist for speaking out bad about the government in public.

So that quote got me into that too, dgtempe, it will not be long when US citizens will be persecuted and put in jail for being terrorist against the government too.

What a sad day for democracy that will be.

I wonder if we will have some take it to the extreme as to commit suicide attacks here in the US in the name of "democracy".

But I doubt it Americans love life. Right?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Put yourselves in their place... we'd be blowing up people, places and things also if the shoe were on the other foot.

This brings to mind the French Resistance during WW2. They did all they could to disrupt the Nazi occupation forces. I read also that there were plans for a British Resistance should the UK have fallen into Nazi hands.

Of course people will fight an occupying army, whether it be under Hilter or under Bush. And people fighting for their lives and their homes are far more dangerous than those who are fighting because it is their 'job' to do so.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
True pisky. It's like the fox and the rabbit. One is running for its dinner, the other is running for its life.

If my country was under occupation, I would do everything I could to kill the invaders. Whoever they were. Anyone would. Cant say I'd blow myself up though. But then I have never been in their situation and hope I never am.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
BTW, is this the same Galloway that was in 'bed' with Saddam?

seekerof

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

seekerof

The very same

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

seekerof

indeed,
the one who said Saddam was his friend then changed his mind after the war in Iraq.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

London: British MP George Galloway has refused to condemn suicide attacks on the country's troops in Iraq in an interview being broadcast today.

Asked if he would condemn suicide bombers, the anti-war MP said: "I will not condemn an occupied people for using their legal rights, their legal rights as well as their moral rights to resist the illegal occupation of their country".

www.smh.com.au...

Sounds like Mr Galloway has a few screws loose. I would also like to know where he gets the idea that it is legal to bomb innocent people?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Something that seems to be overlooked is how many of these suicide bombers are actual Iraqi citizens? I'd surmise that a majority of them are non-citizens (read insurgents).

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It could never be considered legitimate; Fight a war on even terms please.

Yes, electing a stable government to represent them would get rid of us quicker. They are trying to fight against an obviously superior force here that could crush their entire country. Why?

And if you blow yourself up, um, surely you could do more damage if you stayed alive. You could plant many bombs instead of just blowing up one and dieing.

Look at it this way though: If they carry on blowing themselves up, surely there will, in the end, be no-one with enouh beleif to blow themselves up.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Sounds like Mr Galloway has a few screws loose. I would also like to know where he gets the idea that it is legal to bomb innocent people?

Probably the same place bush thinks its ok to bomb a country for reason illegitimate, and kill thousands and thousands of civilians...

Its called the book of 'We dont give a # about anything but getting what we want'...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
A typical comment from George "sadam's a nice guy, wouldn't hurt a fly" Galloway. He wouldn't have an autobiography coming out for Christmas, by any chance?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Galloway is an idoit. His party only stands in muslim areas because no one else in this country will vote for a pro terrorist party. His main supports are either A) Muslims or B) Students who are unable to vote.
So for the extreme view, but if it was down to me, i would have him hung in whitehall

[edit on 19-12-2004 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It was a disaster!!!

and to be honest the suicide attacks arent very effecvtive anyway.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
and to be honest the suicide attacks arent very effecvtive anyway.

They are,
one car bomb (one suicide bomber) can kill perhaps 6 soldiers. (could be more, could be less)

That would mean a 1 to 6 ratio.
One poorly trained and poorly equipped fanatic killing 6 highly trained and armed soldiers.

Suicide bombers are also pychological weapons, our soldiers know they are fighting an enemy who does not care for his/her own life.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
so he supports terror attacks against women and children, i bet he wouldn't say the same if he were in Iraq

no...he supports legitimate tactics (suicide bombing against occupying forces IS legitimate) against occupying forces ONLY. where did you get this 'women and children' crap from? maybe there are some women in the British armed forces stationed in Iraq, but there are certainly no children.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata
no...he supports legitimate tactics (suicide bombing against occupying forces IS legitimate) against occupying forces ONLY. where did you get this 'women and children' crap from? maybe there are some women in the British armed forces stationed in Iraq, but there are certainly no children.

No, If you bother to read and understand what UK Wizard is stating, he is referring to the Iraqi women and children who have been killed by suicide bombers, which Galloway refused to condem.

top topics

join