It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Ferguson grand jury decision expected today

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

It's difficult to convict a dead man of a crime. Posthumous verdicts aren't typically handed down. However, looking at the video of the robbery it's pretty clear that was Brown in the video robbing the store.

At least, were I on the jury, that video would be all I need to hand down a guilty verdict. I know he'll technically never be "guilty" because you can't convict a dead man. But technicalities in the legal system doesn't mean this man is TRULY innocent. Only legally innocent

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard
Yes like some of us aren't surprised you are already grasping at straws for an excuse if they decide not to proceed.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: AgentShillington
a reply to: 200Plus

Uh, I'm sorry. I didn't know Michael Brown was a criminal. What crime was he convicted of again?

He had a juvenile record confirmed but they would not release it to public...that and the video of him strong arm robbing a store minutes before his death....technically not on his record, but unless you think it was a friendly encounter that was mistaken for a robbery then he was a criminal in every sense of the word.

None of that makes him a criminal. A crime has to be committed. A crime can only be determined by a court.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
if lots of people come forward and contradict all the police forensic evidence that could had been planted then I am sorry but I will not be at all surprised.

Police are experts at this and have been caught many at time so to suggest they would not do it to protect one of their own really does not have any legs to walk on.

Let's just calm down for a second.

#1) You can indict a ham sandwich. It just means they will proceed to trial.

#2) Either way, Rioting about an indictment is just dumb.

#3) This is a tactical situation where Police are lying in wait.

#4) Anyone dumb enough to take on the Cops with their toys and Gadgets...Will Lose Badly.

People should calm down....This is not the hour to protest Police use of force.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedog1973

Uh, I'm sorry. I didn't know Michael Brown was a criminal. What crime was he convicted of again?

He had a juvenile record confirmed but they would not release it to public...that and the video of him strong arm robbing a store minutes before his death....technically not on his record, but unless you think it was a friendly encounter that was mistaken for a robbery then he was a criminal in every sense of the word.

None of that makes him a criminal. A crime has to be committed. A crime can only be determined by a court.

A juvenile criminal record doesn't make him a criminal? That was confirmed...the file was not released to the public.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Are we really going to sit here and argue whether he was a criminal or not? sigh.... When you have ANY record, adult or juvenile you are in fact a criminal, because crimes were committed to get you those records. Now, was he a criminal for what he did in that store with the checkout clerk? No, technically he hasn't been tried for anything (seeing as he's dead and all), so in a way, a lot of you are just arguing semantics on here... Now, back to the story at hand.. Did you all see Kim Kardashian's booty on that magazine cover??? OMG...... just kidding.. Kill me now, what we consider "news" nowadays is destroying me one day at a time...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: jhn7537
I predict that regardless of the outcome lots of stupid people around Ferguson will be doing lots of stupid things tonight.... People can feel free to stop by Chicago any time they want to protest for all the blacks who are dying on the streets on the South-West sides of the city...

What I've learned from this story is...

Black man shot by white man = national craze for the black population

Black man shot by black man = they don't seem to care one bit, because if they did they would be protesting every weekend here in Chicago

Well they do. They just had one there a couple of months ago. there are lot's of protests, community meetings etc in Chicago about gun violence....yeah it's not every weekend but people are protesting.

www.suntimes.com...

and just adding for clarity that Ferguson isn't a suburb of Chicago so...different protesters...different issues and dynamics and history.

Well, I live here in Chicago and I don't hear about these protests, and they don't seem to be a national story like what we're seeing down in Ferguson... The point I'm making is that this story has been blown WAY out of proportion. A guy who just robbed a store died at the hands of a cop... In what universe should we be sad over a thug dying? I'm sorry for sounding cold, but I will save my sadness for people who deserve it, like children with cancer or people who can't find their next meal, but some thug who finally had karma catch up with him?? no thanks... I'm sorry for his family for needing to deal with the death of a loved one, but Brown was no angel...

Okay, I see your point. I think that Ferguson is deeper than one cop killing a youth. It's about the tensions in that community that were already there. Caused in large part by a police department that was out of touch with it's community and it's an overall indictment of police brutality. Michael Brown was just the tipping point. There is always that one straw that breaks the camel's back. Yes?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So, your answer, like many others, is that he wasn't a criminal in the eyes of the law.

Anything else that is said here is shadowed by a very important fact. Michael Brown's life was taken by someone before he was able to be prosecuted for any crime that he may have committed. He was killed by a police officer that may not even have known that he was a suspect in a crime in the first place.

It's hard to get behind the sentiment that the police officer was doing the work of the people.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
No indictment. Wilson walks. Book it.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
No indictment. Wilson walks. Book it.

Lets hope... But part of me wants to see him guilty just to see how stupid the Ferguson community acts after getting what they want....

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The court case in which journalists tried to obtain any juvenile records if they existed resulted in a decision to not release records if they existed with a statement that they could neither confirm nor deny that Brown had a juvenile record but that the records of crimes that wouldn't be protected under Missouri law didn't exist. His family states that he had no juvenile record.

Cynthia Harcourt, a lawyer for the juvenile officer of St. Louis County Family Court, said after the hearing that she could neither confirm nor deny the existence of a juvenile record for Mr. Brown. Missouri state law prohibits the records of most juvenile court proceedings from being released to the public. But she said Mr. Brown had no juvenile cases involving serious felony charges or convictions, including murder, robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Those felony records would not be required to be confidential and would have been released, but none exist for Mr. Brown, Ms. Harcourt said.

NY Times

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

I'm not here to say that Brown is guilty or innocent of the crime he (allegedly) committed before his encounter with Wilson.

I believe the evidence speaks for itself, but there will never be a trial. I will also not say the Wilson was "doing the work of the people".

And whether he will be indicted is up to the announcement to be made tonight. I have an honest question for you, however.
Should Wilson not face indictment, what would be your personal thoughts on the matter? I see you post frequently, but it's hard to get a bead on how you really feel about most things.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

this tired argument again??

we all saw the video of him committing a crime...
a person who commits a crime is by definition a criminal...

he was not convicted of a crime but that does not mean he did not commit a crime....

i think you know that though

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: ZenTam
What do you do when you have had your protest and the state fails to listen to you on something lets say like fracking and the cops have been pointing guns in your face.

Talking and talking does not always work and the state is the first to use force both at home and abroad but these days they are having to use it more and more.

At what stage are they right to throw the tea chests in the harbour ?

To be honest, I have no clue. If the answers and solutions were simple we wouldn't keep making the same mistakes. Its easy for all of us to sit in our homes and spout from our soap boxes from the safety of our computers. I can only speak for myself. For me, hurting an innocent person is wrong and doesn't help make your point. Looting/destroying someone's business and lively hood doesn't fix or make it right. Vandalizing cars, homes and business also add nothing. Your hurting innocent bystanders or possibly someone who believed and supported your cause up until that moment. Your also destroying and further hurting the very community you live in. An eye for an eye isn't the best course of action as it always leaves someone wanting revenge thus never ending the cycle.

As for Fracking, no bueno. It does nothing but pollute and cause earthquakes.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Police begin to close streets surrounding Clayton justice center in anticipation of grand jury verdict.

Twitter has suddenly lit up over the past few hours with #Ferguson tweets.

The information ranges from an announcement of the verdict "any minute" to sometime after 9PM EST.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedog1973
A crime can only be determined by a court.

hmmm. i didnt know that...
i thought only a court could convict....

what about all the people that are wanted for their crimes....
fbi most wanted list...local wanted criminals......
stop trying to argue the language

lots of people have never been convicted or even caught...does not mean they never committed a crime...

edit on 24-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Several people in Ferguson and Clayton reporting, via Twitter, that shops are boarding up and shutting down early.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Tim Pool is reporting a 7 p.m. announcement expected from Ferguson.

ETA Central time
edit on 24-11-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Other sources state decision will be announced at 5. Stay tuned i guess.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Several people in Ferguson and Clayton reporting, via Twitter, that shops are boarding up and shutting down early.

It's a damn shame that these innocent store owners need to worry about their businesses being looted and destroyed over something that's totally out of their control.....

People of Ferguson, regardless of Outcome, do not destroy your own city... Doing so accomplishes nothing, but showing the rest of the world how stupid you are...

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join