It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your personal Theme Song...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wow, Nans! I like that.

Hmm... I'd have to pick either "Theme from Chariots of Fire" or "Fame" (Irene Cara).

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey, I actually do have a personal theme song.

"Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombie

*likes having music play when she walks into the room*

-B.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Billy Joel - Piano Man

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Hey, I actually do have a personal theme song.

"Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombie

*likes having music play when she walks into the room*

-B.

And it fits you quite well!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Cortez The Killer by Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't know about a theme song for life, but it's great to have some music to go with your mood.

Release The Bats, Birthday Party
Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller), Captain Beefheart
Bat Out Of Hell, Meatloaf
Bats In The Cradle, Harry Chapin

(j/k on the last one).

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Have a thing for bats do you?

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think this afternoon is trains. You can't find a good train service anywhere near here and I like clickety clacks sometimes to go with my bat screeches...

On Every Train (Grain Must Bear Grain), Crime & The City Solution
Train Long Suffering, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Night Time In The Switching Yard, Warren Zevon
Jumping Someone Else's Train, The Cure

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Rammstein - Rammstein - Lost Highway Soundtrack

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If revolution had a movie I'd be theme music.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Rammstein - Rammstein - Lost Highway Soundtrack

Hehe. Reminds me when this friend of mine was sitting on top of frontofhouse and had been given theresponsibility to control the spotlight during a Rammstein concert some time back. The thing with Rammstein is that they always have this incredibly heavy pyro shows when they play. During one of their tours the pyro budget was 100,000� or something every show! That's alot of pyro! And every stage manager's nightmare. Anyway. Back to the original story: Rammstein's pyro technican had come up with this incredibly cool idea to run two close-to-invisible steel wires from the floor, center stage, all the way back and up to front-of-house (mix+light control) and then back to the roof of the stage. He had then made these neat rockets he attached to the wires, which should be launched by the singer towards the end of the show simulating AD&D magic missiles or something. This I tell you would be the big
everyone would speek about in Norway for the next couple of months. Anyway, what most people failed to notice was this: Part of the plan was that noone should know anything about it. Including the friend of mine with the searchlight who was sitting alone up on third floor FOH. I tell you... when those rockets went off and rushed toward FOH, that spotlight went totally berserk. They had just heared a scream, then the searchlight went bananas and then a huge bang in the floor. When they came up he was sitting fetus style in a corner looking like he had seen a ghost or God, pointing a trembling finger somewhere saying on the top of his voice: "D-d-did you see that!?!". Part of the story is of course that this guy is one of the always relaxed, smiling, lazy, calm from birth kind of guys. It was awesome. It just had to be him hehe. Wow. The whole concert was a WOW pyro technically. Sound was lame, but what a show! Those guys are crazy!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 4-6-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
@ss hole-Dennis Leary. Or Life's gonna suck when you grow up-Dennis Leary.

Of course, favorite, and when older will probably be Living with a hernia-Weird Al.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
Billy Joel - Piano Man

Holy crap, that is what I was thinking.. I was reading all these songs and thinking how angry or sad our people must be, I want something happy!!

Then I realized Comfortably Numb by Floyd works well or maybe Pretty Vacent by the Sex Pistols or maybe even Blackbird by the Beatles. It all depends on my mood. These are prteey varient though, aren't they?

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
@ss hole-Dennis Leary.

Also a good choice

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
well I`d have to settle on two as they both describe two different aspects to my life

1) "Fools Gold" by the Stone Roses

2) "Step on" by Happy Mondays.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
On Cheap Thrill.

Captain BEEFHEART? Yeah, really experimental music.

Have you ever heard some Pierre BOULEZ works ?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
A special prize if anyone knows why he is called Beefheart. And no I would n`t advise putting the reason up on the board.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
He likes the' Heart from Beef'

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
My small experience with French-produced music, apart from classical, is Serge Gainsbourg, including the hilarious Mick Harvey covers.

After that it's Plastic Bertrand, Jean Jacques Burnel, Air and Daft Punk, three of which are likable. I have a CD somewhere by Clair Obscur I listened to once. My favourite Stranglers song was La Folie.

I would like to be educated about Pierre Boulez.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This is all I know about the name Beefheart, straight from the poor aging Captain's mouth...

"I was out in the desert five years ago and I was sitting in a car and we were all stoned. Frank zappa and I and a bunch of other guys were there. Frank doesn't turn on at all.... but anyway, i was just sitting there and I started laughing and I had thoughts of this name and I laid it on everybody in the car and Frank says: "Ah! Like you know, that's great, we'll make a movie." So he said: "We'll make a movie and we'll call it 'Captain Beefheart Meets The Grunt People'." so we started work and we studied the script for a year and we wrote a thing and something happened and the movie fell through. It doesn't agree with the things I think now - changed so much in that length of time. It's a good movie though... tear on the dotted line, paste up rockets... it was really going to be far out".

Hmmm. Makes me think of what's beefy and what Grunt rhymes with. Near enough?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join