It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Déjà vu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hi! So I get Déjà vu about 1 to 2 times a week and every once and a while 4 to 5 times a week, sometimes its of a conversation sometimes its an event and sometimes its of a person I've never met before. I had one instance of Déjà vu where my family and I were watching the Cowboys vs Denver game last year and I had seen that if my mother had said a phrase then the Cowboys were going to lose, She happened to say that exact phrase and I told her they were going to lose and even how they would lose.

I had one Déjà vu where I had foreseen half a day including the conversations that occurred. This one maybe more of a coincidence but when I read I usually come up with a picture in my head of how the characters look. One day at school I saw a girl that looked exactly like the character I pictured in the book I read, the strangest thing is that I read the book 2 years before she even came to our school.

This one was probably the weirdest of the Déjà vu, but I had a really weird nightmare where My friend and I had to save our school with these students I have never ever seen before (tell me if you guys would like to know about the dream), then about a week or two after the dream my friend and I happened to be in a Destination Imagination team with those exact students, I even told them about the dream later on. I don't know why I get Déjà vu a lot, does anyone else get Déjà vu this much or more? Tell me some of your experiences.

p.s This is my first thread so please tell me if I made any mistakes.
edit on 24-11-2014 by IngyBall because: reorganizing structure

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Nice story about your experiances.

But try to break it down into paragraphs. You can still do this since the post is relatively new, but after two hours you will not be able to edit it.

Many members hate what is referred to a "Wall of Text."
edit on 24-11-2014 by TDawgRex because: Thumbs....freaking thumbs!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Ok, Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IngyBall

My experiences with Deja Vu was always short but intense. During the event I would have instant recall of when in the past the Deja Vu came to me and was powerless to change it (believe me I tried) as it unfolded before my eyes.

None Of the events were of any special significance. Just everyday stuff.

Psychologist's explain away the phenomenon as neurological anomalies. I believe it to be more.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

Interesting, I have caught a Deja Vu and changed a variable to try to change the outcome before, it worked, but unfortunately it just lead to another Deja Vu.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have deja vu but not very often, at least not lately.
The most interesting deja vu I had it was one that repeated itself three times. I suddenly knew not only what will happen but also that I will remember it was happening before and I will be in awe at the repeated event. The third time, same location, same deja vu, I only thought " here it comes again..." and just let it unfold.

I am very curios about this phenomena, what is it and how it's triggered because so far no explanation found online really satisfies me. No dream or neurological anomaly can explain that weird feeling of "I lived this before", knowing in advance how things will happen in a very specific situation.

S&F, I'll watch this thread in the hope that maybe someone could come closer to a reasonable explanation.
edit on 24-11-2014 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IngyBall
a reply to: dezertdog

Interesting, I have caught a Deja Vu and changed a variable to try to change the outcome before, it worked, but unfortunately it just lead to another Deja Vu.

There seems to be no way to change what must be.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

... I get Déjà vu about 1 to 2 times a week and every once and a while 4 to 5 times a week ... I don't know why I get Déjà vu a lot, does anyone else get Déjà vu this much or more?

Déjà-vu is a brain-glitch.
Anyone getting Déjà-vu daily needs to see a neurologist ...

... as it is a symptom of neurological disorders, most commonly epilepsy, which is treatable.

google.com/search?q=epilepsy+déjà+vu

There is no prophesy involved , your brain is incorrectly telling you "I've seen/heard this before" when in reality you haven't.
analogy: imagine when you searched for a file on your computer that the software which did that was intermittently faulty, and for a few minutes it always answered "yes I've found that file" even if you didn't have a copy of that file on your computer. That's déjà vu.
edit on 24-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

you goof ball everybody that has expierenced it does not have medical problems.
and you forgot to write a prescription in your post
also is deja vu covered in obamacare?
you just crumbled our healthcare system by telling everyone they have a problem.
there are not enough doctors to treat that amount of patients
edit on 24-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
you goof ball everybody that has expierenced it does not have medical problems?

Everybody does not experience déjà vu "4 to 5 times a week" as the OP has said they do, if that is the case they are in a ~2% subgroup of "everybody", ( see the table I posted above ).

Continuing my computer analogy : If your computer glitches once a quarter, no biggie, that's about normal , but if it's glitching daily then you should take it to a computer repair shop.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Have had it a handful of times, it's an odd sensation. Each time it has been just everyday events.

Each time I realize "i've done this before" (but I haven't at least not yet), and I know what is going to happen in the next second or so (premonitions?).

It's very strange and seems very real. Can our brain waves travel back in time over short time periods and if we learned harness this could we predict the future (at least the very near future?).

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
... if we learned harness this could we predict the future ...

If that is the case recruit some epileptics to predict your lottery numbers as they get plenty of déjà-vu when they are not on medication ...

juperee wrote:-
"I have left TLE [Temporal Lobe Epilepsy] and mine started out as deja vu too, although I had deja vu so regularly (at least once a week, sometimes several times/day) I just figured that's how everybody was so I didn't even know how there was anything "up". That is until I had a generalized tonic-clonic (aka Grand mal) seizure at the age of 31 and ended up in the hospital".
epilepsy.com/comment/1010047#comment-1010047

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'm not buying your analogy.

Human consciousness is not synonymous with ones and zeros.

Also:

Other studies confirm that déjà vu is a common experience in healthy individuals, with between 31% and 96% of individuals reporting it.

So just about everyone is suffering from what the psych and medical community define as "sickness".

Religious dogma is much the same.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dezertdog

Other studies confirm that déjà vu is a common experience in healthy individuals, with between 31% and 96% of individuals reporting it.
So just about everyone is suffering from what the psych and medical community define as "sickness".

"just about everyone" does not get déjà-vu daily , less than 2% get it daily ,
( is the table I posted above not visible to you ? ).

What about a headache analogy : if you got a quarterly headache its probably not worth bothering a doctor about it , but if you get a headache most days then an appointment with the doctor would be appropriate. [ Same goes for déjà-vu ].

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

even if 2% of the pop. was the correct nmber our health care system could not handle all those people even if it were something to be cured. you still would cripple the system if everyone followed your advice. it seems more like a control mech.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I said sometimes it can be 4-5 times a week, but it's usually 1-2 times a week. and how could it be a brain glitch if I actually did accurately predict an outcome. When I predict exactly what was going to happen at the end of the cowboy game my friend was shocked, I got it all right.
edit on 24-11-2014 by IngyBall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
even if 2% of the pop. was the correct nmber our health care system could not handle all those people even if it were something to be cured.
Some illnesses are cheaper to treat than to ignore , some cheaper to ignore than to treat. [ I don't envy the person who has to make the decision which patients get treatment and which don't ].

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

... how could it be a brain glitch ...

That people with epilepsy get déjà-vu about ten times more frequently than the average person tells you déjà-vu an electrical fault.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Deja_vu#Links_with_disorders

... I actually did accurately predict an outcome ...

If you could perfectly predict the entire NFL results for a season then you'd have very strong evidence you can predict the future.
However just picking the winner in one game is no proof of supernatural ability.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well, I have never had epilepsy, and it says that scientist are unsure what disorder is connected with Deja Vu.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: engvbany

"just about everyone" does not get déjà-vu daily , less than 2% get it daily ,
( is the table I posted above not visible to you ? ).

What about a headache analogy : if you got a quarterly headache its probably not worth bothering a doctor about it , but if you get a headache most days then an appointment with the doctor would be appropriate. [ Same goes for déjà-vu ].

I have no doubt you are caring person. I only ask that you have an open mind and contemplate possibilities outside of what you've been taught.

The following is a good start:

The Ten Dogmas of Modern Science

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join