It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS defeated north of Bagdad two towns retaken....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Some encouraging news from the war torn wasteland of Iraq....
Peshmerga, Iraq army, and Shia Militia forces have driven the dreaded ISIS back from two towns north of Bagdad....
Maybe this mix of forces is the beginning of a new country called Iraq.....
I could see the mix of forces being far more effective than each group trying separately to fight alone.....
Perhaps the presence of the Peshmerga will stiffen the resolve of the other forces involved......
The resultant victory could see a whole new spirit of unity spring up among the Iraqis....I sure hope so...but far too early to tell yet.....
This is definitely some good news .....
www.cbc.ca...
Kobani has been a major objective of the ISIS regime....
It sits on the Turkish border and is an important prize for ISIS....( I believe they want it to facilitate any resupply they can get from Turkey....which is playing both sides)
They may need to get oil out of Syria through the border there......
edit on 24-11-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling
It's about time we heard some good news from the region.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think in the long run that 'IS', with ISIS as the military arm of the Caliphate will eventually merge with a greater Caliphate which is openly supported by Turkey...

this 2 town repulsion of ISIS from 2 towns near Baghdad is a loose end that the Caliphate planners will soon rectify...
those better prepared planners being Chechen military and possibly more war savvy Croats or other Serbs, Muslims...

Kobani is a very strategic site for IS as it straddles the divide between Turks, & legacy Medes/Persians,

the KURDs desire their own state, so do the Shia...but the militant Sunni are using the entity ISIS to negate the other two divisions of the former Iraq....the Caliphate will not 'die' they will morph into something greater (like the change from caterpillar-to-butterfly)
edit on th30141685326524212014 by St Udio because: kurd V serb

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thanks ALL* for their Services To Others in that region of unbalance assisting the innocent, GOD BLESS...
edit on 11/24/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
I take it you expect some heavy action in the ME by mid october....care to elaborate

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

the 'window' for a War, either open or ideological/asymmetrical warfare... has till Dec 23rd - Dec 28th for something that greatly affects the misnamed State of Israel (Judah) to take place

perhaps a renewed, invigorated, much larger & powerfully backed Caliphate (re: Turk open support)... A reborn Neo-Ottoman Caliphate which will openly declare Its' Intention and purpose is to destroy Israel and the USA...

that would fit the definition of a 'declaration-of-war' even if no military excursions were conducted... the 'open ended war decree' stands
edit on th30141685418524362014 by St Udio because: add words to bring up a qualifier explaination of war not being in conflict

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You are saying that it will be over by Christmas then....(the war window)
so...if it drags on past the date the chances drop to lower odds.....I take it...
Meanwhile expansion by ISIS will suffice to fulfill the prophecy.....

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
IS is just a bunch of guys trapped in a quagmire. this years media oddity with no staying power.

An actual Caliphate would be an pervasive energetic force piercing the hearts and minds of all contained within it. IS is not Caliphate. Caliphate does not exist and its existence is not on the list of short term possibilities.

If IS was Caliphate, the wind, animals, insects...would rise up and defend it...Muslims would have no desire to fight it or even curb or question it.

edit on 25-11-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join