It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stray dog who raced 430 miles to a better home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
For a happy Monday, here`s a nice story...

Stray dog who raced 430 miles to a better home: Arthur latched on to an extreme sports team during Amazon race - and what happened next will melt the hardest heart

Exhausted, covered in mud and desperately hungry, a team of Swedish athletes sat down for a meal as they prepared to take on a dangerous 20-mile trek through the Ecuadorian rainforest.

As they opened their canned meat, a tired Mikael Lindnord noticed a scruffy, miserable stray dog staring at him out of the corner of his eye. Feeling sorry for him, he fed the dog a meatball and thought nothing of it, but as the team stood up to continue their race the animal started to follow them - and he didn't stop.

As the group of four navigated the final two stages of the 430-mile Adventure Racing World Championship, the dog befriended them and was eventually given the name Arthur.

Full Story

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I need stories like this! Great Post.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Arthur is a wonderful dog! Him meeting up with the team was meant to be; he found, love, friendship, and a home. This is a great story; it fills my heart with joy!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Never underestimate the power of unconditional love. Well almost unconditional, except for a 430 mile gravy train of meatball handouts.

"The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants." --Johnny Depp

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Why is it we say elephant never forget things, cos my dog NEVER forgets a gate,door,garden we walk past that once had a dog in there,she never forgets the word "num nums"
when I feed her.

I think dogs are cool in so may ways and a story like this just says it all.

Who forgets the good times
not my dog

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Aww. Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I read this and was not surprised that a dog would do this, I have owned dogs all my life and they never, never stop showing how smart and caring they are.

Thanks for the post, ATS can use a story like this once in awhile, to much seriousness that never seems to stop these days...but that's what ATS is all about I guess.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Absolutely wonderful and heart warming,

Thank you for sharing this story.

Star and flag

new topics

top topics

join