It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hagel Said to Be Stepping Down as Defense Chief Under Pressure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is stepping down under pressure, the first cabinet-level casualty of the collapse of President Obama’s Democratic majority in the Senate and the struggles of his national security team amid an onslaught of global crises.

The president, who is expected to announce Mr. Hagel’s resignation in a Rose Garden appearance on Monday, made the decision to ask his defense secretary — the sole Republican on his national security team — to step down last Friday after a series of meetings over the past two weeks, senior administration officials said.

What do you guys think?
Will this somehow change the way the US is targeting ISIS?

I am not so much into US Politics, that I might understand the consequences of this.
Wonder how unexpected this come for Obama, he probably knew already.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

But now “the next couple of years will demand a different kind of focus,” one administration official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Yah, the blurry focus of Empire State Building.

Now you see it, now you don't.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is stepping down under pressure, the first cabinet-level casualty of the collapse of President Obama’s Democratic majority in the Senate and the struggles of his national security team amid an onslaught of global crises.

The president, who is expected to announce Mr. Hagel’s resignation in a Rose Garden appearance on Monday, made the decision to ask his defense secretary — the sole Republican on his national security team — to step down last Friday after a series of meetings over the past two weeks, senior administration officials said.

What do you guys think?
Will this somehow change the way the US is targeting ISIS?

I am not so much into US Politics, that I might understand the consequences of this.
Wonder how unexpected this come for Obama, he probably knew already.

Well....if the POTUS can't have control of both houses, he is going to take control , and have complete democratic support of his national security team. Sounds like something of a coup in the works, though that would be a really crazy conspiracy theory......POTUS taking control over all national security forces, appointing all of his current team to higher levels of authority than ever before, declaring martial law....etc, etc....

Either way, this should be a fun Thanksgiving week!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Rats leaving a sinking ship...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I honestly don't know what to think.

Didn't like Hagel all too much nor his boss.

Funny though as how much us military leadership has been snip canned over the past 6 years.

And now Hagel?

I smell a conspiracy!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Interesting timing . I don't think ISIS matters much as that is only a kind of NATO proxy at the moment .Russia is not sidelined yet but the Iran nuclear deal may be what is coming to a head . It would be very hard to fight a proxy war in Iran co a full conflict might be the only option . My guess is that SA will be the first one hit as they are Irans enemy and SA is said to be purchasing war ships to fight them . Maybe France found a alternative buyer for the ships that were built for Russia .

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I hear he was fired AND submitted a letter of resignation. I wonder if he'll write a book like his predecessors. If he does and it's scathing like the other two, ????????

I don't like Hagel either and feel he has been dishonest. Interesting to hear his subordinates feel the same as he does about the POTUS.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

oBama probably found a democrat he prefers working with

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Obama's foreign policy is exactly the same as Bush's, that's why it didn't matter if he had a Republican Defense Secretary. There is no difference between Republican and Democrat, it is only used to fool the people.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i may be mistaking what i heard on the idiot box; that hagel had a problem with policy, it wasn't a policy he wanted to perform anymore...

that was before my 1st cup of coffee...

something about sending soldiers to clean bedpans...?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I honestly don't know what to think.

Didn't like Hagel all too much nor his boss.

Funny though as how much us military leadership has been snip canned over the past 6 years.

And now Hagel?

I smell a conspiracy!

The stink from t his and this is really bad. Can you say botched nuclear false flag on Charleston South Carolina? The military wasn't playing ball and Obama had to deal with the insubordination. link

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Baa-aah

Obama agrees to remove ISIS & Assad at the same time .

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is Obama on the issue

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

The military wasn't playing ball and Obama

More like the military wasn't playing ball so he stacked it with nothing, but 'yes man'.

We have seen how that was worked out in the ME with ISIS, and Russia 'nation building'.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Will we get a lesbian or muslim replacement?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Will be a woman for sure, a woman at the FED's head (already), and after Obama Hillary most likely.
At least Obama feels at home with girls at his side

edit on 24-11-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

Hagel overall was in my opinion the most stable member of the Obama Cabinet. The sound of reason is usually the first sound that squelched in politics. I think it was a bad decision to force him out.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
maybe Hagel was IState's ace in the hole...but that can't be the case because everything always points to IS strengthening while America languishes.

The thing about Babylon is that it has two faces...the old Hagel is gone, now the new Hagel can appear.

just like we got a new Obama at the beginning of the month, we get a new Hagel now.

top topics

join