It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Year Old Tamir Rice shot dead by cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Tamir Rice: US police kill boy, 12, carrying replica gun

12 Year Old Tamir Rice shot dead by cops

I wondered if this is big news in the US or not, it's on the main page of the BBC in the UK, but tried a search for Tamir Rice on ATS and got nothing - apparently he had a replica gun and was shot.

Is this not being reported much in the US?

Just wondering why the BBC are making it a big story, but it hasn't been mentioned here on ATS?
edit on 24-11-2014 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Hi, it's being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Starred and Flagged!

I believe that this thread covers the issue ,

Cleveland cop kills child

BUT the name of the deceased child hasn't been released until now and as two threads can exist on the same subject in different forums I believe this thread is ok to remain open.

It is being reported both in the USA and on ATS.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Hi, it's being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Chads back ...

Replica guns - never bode well, especially when the red cap is removed from the barrel.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Perhaps those members in America who would be all over this like a shrink wrap on a perishable foodstuff, are asleep or at work during the hours since the story broke on the BBC?

What I do know is, that this is a very different situation to any of the other big stories to do with police officers shooting folks. For a start, pointing what appears to be a weapon at people is something which one just does not do, because the response to that will be necessarily harsh, especially if, once the police arrive, one goes for ones waistband rather than putting ones hands on ones head.

In the other major incidents of police shooting people, which have gained so much attention in the press, the individuals shot have not been armed, have not had anything on them which looked like a gun, and therefore presented no realistic threat to the officers involved by and large. As young as this shooting victim was, I really do not think that the same level of indignation and vitriol can be applied to this tragic circumstance, as to the other incidents which have hit the press over the last few months, purely because the replica pistol the child was waving around, was not readily identifiable as such, and if the reports from the scene are accurate and true, actually went for the "weapon" while the police looked on from behind their gunsights. There was really no way they could have reacted any other way, without, as far as they knew, placing themeselves and the rest of the neighbourhood in significant danger!

It is however, damned sad.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Ah, okay, hadn't thought that the name might not have been released.

You can shut this thread if you like, I just thought it odd that a story like that would be on the BBC and not on ATS.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

There seems to be a gross misunderstanding about these toy/replica guns. Some guns, of the air soft category, must be fitted with a bright orange end piece that allows them to be recognized as non-lethal. These, both pistols and rifles, shoot a 6mm plastic pellet. Many of these guns are exact copies, exteriorly, as genuine firearms. The pellet stings it if hits unprotected skin. These guns are primarily used, with bodily protection, in mock "war" games similar to paintball guns and games.

Replica guns in the old BB form are not required to have the distinctive orange tip and they, too, can look exactly like a real weapon. It is common for people to remove or repaint the orange tip to make the gun indistinguishable from a real one. I know people, young toughs, that have done this.

While these "toys" are part of the problem because they are so plentiful these days, the real root of the problem is that police training today is not to wait to see if they will be fired upon, but to fire first even when the full extent of the threat is unknown. THAT is why we have so many police killings today of both genuine perps and more or less innocents.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Exactly!
I could kill a rat by hitting it in the eye with my BB. Not to mention water rats taken out with my .22 air rifle.
( my kid has not had the experience of freedom that my gen. had. )

A modded air pistol/blacked out replica/whatever you want to paint it as, you pull/aim anything resembling a firearm-
at a Police Officer going about their workaday; you have a deathwish ...

Self preservation is foremost in everyones mind. Police - more so.
They do this day in day out - as do military.

They have families to go home to at the end of their day.

Smart thing is to not wave anything that could be construed as a threat in their faces.

The response can and should be considered lethal.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well based on the article the person that reported it said that he thought it was an toy gun on 2 occasions. But, I guess the cops didn't wanna get that memo, how convenient right. Did the cops just pull up, get out, and just kill the kid without any questions?

Sorry I believe the cops are in the wrong on this one too. They need to start evaluating the situation a little. It's sad there was a 10 year vet there, but a kid got murdered in cold blood. Just goes to show the lack of training or even common sense at this point.

They need to change the rules of engagement for the police. I believe they should have to be fired upon first, before being allowed to use their firearms. Cops have lost all trust with me from here on out along with most of my friends. Were really tired of you murdering everyone except the real criminals.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I said it in the other thread, while this is a horrifying tragedy, the LEO did the right thing. I have Airsoft guns, and you cant tell the difference between a real fierarm and a replica firearm.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

How screwed is the world when the bad guys decide to paint orange tips on their real guns???

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Yes mate I know what you mean and play guns with caps in them could be used to fire small darts with the tips dipped in Ebola.

I removed all the pointed kitchen knifes in our kitchen just in case the misses lost her rag and made me take her out.

You can never be too safe, any thing or excuse will do

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I have Airsoft guns, and you cant tell the difference between a real fierarm and a replica firearm.

I can agree with that but you can tell the difference between a 12 year old and an adult but as it is the police are making things up as they go along and if they say that this kids was holding a fake gun to a girls head and raping her then that's what it will be.

No police or Judge would even question it so long as the guy was black and then only a little bit if he was white.

The system is broken, past repair and only works for the elite, police, politicians and bankers

Blacks protesting the killing! well we will protect their right to protest by pointing guns in their faces and using water cannon to keep them cool, After all this is the US or A and our militarized police all need some live target practice if they are going to protect yo all

And to think the USA is telling the world down the barrel of a gun that it needs to import this democracy yo all have

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think the parents are at fault for allowing their 12 year old boy to wanders he streets with a toy gun that had the ORANGE TIP REMOVED. Obviously they weren't very observant with their child to allow him to remove the orange tip and walk around with it.....unless the parents removed it? ....there's a reason why that Safety Child ORANGE tip is on the gun!!!!! .and why is their 12 year old wandering the streets of CLEVLAND ? ...the parents are to fault...poor parenting.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlastedCaddy

How screwed is the world when the bad guys decide to paint orange tips on their real guns???

Holy crap! I never thought of that!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I think the parents are at fault for allowing their 12 year old boy to wanders he streets with a toy gun that had the ORANGE TIP REMOVED. Obviously they weren't very observant with their child to allow him to remove the orange tip and walk around with it.....unless the parents removed it? ....there's a reason why that Safety Child ORANGE tip is on the gun!!!!! .and why is their 12 year old wandering the streets of CLEVLAND ? ...the parents are to fault...poor parenting.
the orange tip isn't a "child safety tip"; it's easy to take off and replace and they generally only even required during sale/transport. To assume any gun with an orange tip is automatically safe would be to give would be criminals an easy pass, replicas have been used in crimes in place of real weapons; it would not be difficult to paint a real weapon to hide it in plain sight.

It's absolutely tragic; but if there was one forgivable police shooting this year it was (according to the story) this one.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
12 is the new 20 in the hood I lived there for 10 years and pretty much saw it all. 12 is not a sweet little kid anymore especially in the hood.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Maybe this is part of TPTB new plan? they know by now that they won`t be able to legally take away peoples guns anytime soon, if ever.
The next best thing to taking away the guns is to make sure people won`t use their guns.
By allowing the police to shoot on sight every man,woman,and child who is in possession of a gun,even if it`s just a toy gun, will make people afraid to carry their guns.

They want to drive home the point that they will kill you and get away with it if you carry a gun, even legally carrying.They are making this point by killing harmless dogs and children as an example of how ruthless they are and that they will not hesitate to kill you too, even if you are legally carrying.
They are basically telling you, yes you can own guns but don`t even think about taking them outside of your home or we will kill you.
edit on 24-11-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So when I was a kid before the new world we have obviously advanced into, we used to wait for it "play guns" we had toy hand guns, pop gun rifles, heck the poor kid had a paper towel roll his dad had fashioned into a bazooka. We were kids we played, our parents weren't afraid of the boogy man and we were "KIDS"

What the hell changed, now a days you get shot for buying a BB Gun in walmart, paramilitary asswipes gun down unsuspecting people talking on a phone, child who could have been me searching out my friend with the paper bazooka gets gunned down for a replica, did the murdering officer not give warning shout to the child to drop it or yet just another trigger happy asswipe.

In my city Vancouver BC Canada a distraught man is murdered by police after brandishing a 2 x 4 when did it all change why is there more shoot first, ask questions later. I have friends in the military that think that way for obvious reasons, but why the police?

Soon a time will come tides will change and if the police no longer get paid to kill us I wonder what there going to do? Cause when SHTF I'm gonna look more like everyday guy homer simpson, not an easy target in my gangwear, just saying! Food for thought

SaneThinking

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I said it in the other thread, while this is a horrifying tragedy, the LEO did the right thing. I have Airsoft guns, and you cant tell the difference between a real fierarm and a replica firearm.

No he didn't. The gun wasn't real, and that was a child. You cannot just shoot children who have BB guns, pellet guns, airsoft guns, whether they're altered or not, or the other type too. You cannot live in a world where the kid asks for that for his birthday, its legally sold to them, and cops shoot without waiting to see what's going on, and seeing what the person will do.

That is absolute crapola.

I feel incredibly sorry for the police officer, if he's not a corrupt one, if he has a conscience, because he's going to have to live with this and there is pain on all sides here, but a young child lost his life over a gun that can be bought readily for kids and is a common gift.

My son has one too. I refuse to let them get pellets, and they spent the ones that came with it, on the lawn, had to pick up and get rid of them. He begged for it, he wanted to use it in zombie videos he wanted to make for his youtube stuff with his friends. Hasn't happened yet, but he sees it all as movie props and something creative.

And its legal to buy.

Shooting a child with a beebee gun is beyond unbelievable. And its certainly not the right thing to do.
edit on 24-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join