It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Overstating The Funds At Its Disposal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

EU economy would crumble.

By buying gas and oil from someone other than Russia? I think not.

Russia would be dead though. Russia is cutting off it's own head. There are other markets.

Israel to formally propose gas pipeline to EU

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

You do seem rather bitter. Apart from name calling, your opinion on some of the articles is understandable, but I do still think US policy to keep oil prices low is real. You seem to disagree? That is life.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blister
a reply to: ColCurious
I think I read that coming out of Moscow, somewhere.

You could have read that coming out of any place where sound economics still have a voice (including the US).

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

You do seem rather bitter. Apart from name calling, your opinion on some of the articles is understandable, but I do still think US policy to keep oil prices low is real. You seem to disagree? That is life.

Why am I bitter, because you were rude? I never called you any names. You were rude, I called you on it.

You got anything yet, anything? Hellooo? No?

Rude, disgusting, behavior. Like I said.

Crude is at $79/barrel. If it goes any lower then we will have to stop production because the oil will cost more to extract than it sells for. Lowering the price further would have a much bigger impact on the West than on Russia, doing so would not be sound. Six months ago it was an option worth exploring, not today.

You seem to be changing your tune from the US wants to lower it further to the US wants to keep it low. Of course they want to keep it low, that was never the argument. You said they want to lower it more. You have provided no sources or evidence to back that up. I have provided evidence and sourced it that lowering the price further would have an impact, and possibly a severe one, on the US oil sector.
edit on 24-11-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
russia is over stating nothing i consider this more propaganda,have you even seen the size of their diamond mine not to mention gas with pipe-line already built,and all the untapped resources in the frozen ice,pipe lines take time to build so this new pipe-line is no threat for now.

our western goverments should leave putin alone for they are the criminals .

russia giant diamond mine and add to this their recent meteor strike.
edit on 24-11-2014 by stuthealien because: link inserted

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
not to mention gas with pipe-line already built,and all the untapped resources in the frozen ice,pipe lines take time to build so this new pipe-line is no threat for now.

Yes, they take time, but it's worth it when Russia uses the gas like a gun to Europe's head.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

The EU can only last for a few months with it reserves, the pipeline simply would come too late.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Which is where cheap oil comes into play. The US and OPEC can keep oil prices down for years. Literally, years. EU would be hurt, but recover. Russia would lose huge amounts of profit and would be devastated.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Not as much as they let themselves get plundered by the West, and as long as ordinary Russians realize that, they will deal with it. They only have to look at Iraq, Libya, Syria and the Ukraine to know what will happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Plundered? They are getting plundered by Putin. Russia should stop trying to annex it's neighbors.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
russia is in the right here everybody please wake up ,the petro-dollar must go fair trade and alternative buying must prevail do you really want to enslave future generations to the current criminal regime

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I don't think Russia gives two sh*ts about the western backed ponzi scheme that is our financial system.
Especially not one that's ruled via OPEC, WTO and IMF.

Russia's probably one of the only countries that could give the world the finger and become isolationist.

I wouldn't worry about Russia's stability!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Plundered? They are getting plundered by Putin. Russia should stop trying to annex it's neighbors.

Maybe next time read my posts (or don`t pretend you haven`t read them)...

Source

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Well so far as I understand it Russia has very little debt too and does not have a army of stay at home, live off the state adults.

sanctions on Iran didn't work and I see no signs of them working on Russia and farmers in Europe are not too happy about the whole thing so we might see some cracks.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

So you are chastising me for not reading a post you made on another thread? I find it hard to respond to that without breaking T&C.

Thank you for linking to a post about how Russia is the one who started the whole Ukraine civil war.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

So you respond in threads and not read what others post in it ?

Right...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 everyone with a brain knows full well the eu and obama caused a coup de tate in the ukraine over the briccs bank,,
what i want to know occam is why you are supporting our corrupt goverments

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

So you respond in threads and not read what others post in it ?

Right...

Again, hard to respond without breaking T&C. Did I respond to you in that thread? No. There is seriously something wrong with you expecting me (or anyone) to read all your posts you ever make. How about we stick to this thread, thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I don't think Russia gives two sh*ts about the western backed ponzi scheme that is our financial system.
Especially not one that's ruled via OPEC, WTO and IMF.

Russia's probably one of the only countries that could give the world the finger and become isolationist.

I wouldn't worry about Russia's stability!

Applause!

Most people who choose to blindly support the side of the "United States of America" in this crisis still don't realize that those behind their agenda now - are the very same syndicalist centralists that are corrupting and corroding our so-called free world here at home, wherever in the great west that may be.

Whenever I read someone using the term "pro-Russian"... all I see is a person who is "pro-Neocon", "pro-PNAC", "pro-FED", "pro-trilateral commission", "pro-IMF", "pro-BIS", "pro-globalist/centralism"... in short: "pro-Fascism".
Knowlingly or not.

There is no good side in this crisis.
edit on 24-11-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

It's not blind support when Russians are coming forward claiming responsibility for the crisis and perpetuating the civil war. It's not blind when the rebels talk about Russian involvement. It's not blind when Putin admits to invading Crimea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join