It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Brilliant Move

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Its also great that the democratic party likes to be known as a political party of law breakers who when in power break law and defy the Democratic process for the sake of future elections. That will sit well after some years I am sure.

It worked for the Republicans. Obama is doing nothing different then the Republican presidents preceded him did.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Did it work for the Republicans? When Bush left office, the GOP was a demoralized, defeated shell of a political party. I'm not so sure that's a model that the Democrats want to follow, but it does seem that they're trying it. At this point, they've almost succeeded in making themselves just as unpopular as the GOP is.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: CB328

Obama's Brilliant Move

Obama may have just rescued the Democratic party without anyone realizing it.

Yes 100% brilliant move by Obama.

A lot of attention without actually doing anything as usual.

Love it !!

This is true. All Obama is doing is shifting the focus of deportation methods to non-families. Then encouraging them to sign up and pay taxes (of course since they are still illegal, if they do that, the next President could easily deport them). Pretty much his "gun control" all over again.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
All Republicans have to do is remind everyone that Obama had two years of a Democrat controlled Congress and didn't do diddly squat about immigration "reform." Then they can point out that Obama waited until after the mid-term elections to issue his executive orders for what he himself called "political reasons."

If the Democrats really cared about immigration "reform," then why not push it through when they had the chance? If Obama really cared about immigration "reform," why wait till after the mid-terms? Will Latinos be able to see that Obama's actions are a blatant attempt to manipulate them into thinking that Democrats care about them?

He doesnt care. It was all political. Republicans need to create, pass comprehensive immigration reform. Reform that has clear and concise measures for border security. The senate immigration bill had very vague measure for border security and it doesnt matter anyway because current immigration laws are not even being enforced.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This EO is going to cost US Tax payers a boat load. A family making $20,000 with 2 kids will end up getting a little over $14,000 in credits so essentially they will be getting to giving from America!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

Did it work for the Republicans? When Bush left office, the GOP was a demoralized, defeated shell of a political party. I'm not so sure that's a model that the Democrats want to follow, but it does seem that they're trying it. At this point, they've almost succeeded in making themselves just as unpopular as the GOP is.

You do know there were other Republican Presidents before Obama. The President is was referring to was Reagan.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It worked for the Republicans.

um, no

They didnt ever just IMPORT future votes when they lost touch with their base and the whole country by lies and corruption.

For all the evils of the republic party, and I am sure there are plenty, they just became the lesser the evil.

Obama just broke the law to accommodate people who broke the law...all so his political party can still win elections even though the people of this country no longer support his or his party's agenda after it and they failed us miserably.

If the strongest defense you people have is that "the republicans do stuff" while also thinking they are vile horrible things to be, then you are at a loss for defense. You are willingly engaging in or supporting terrible things that YOU KNOW ARE WRONG AND DETRIMENTAL just for your convenience and at the cost of your peoples fortune and well being.

You just became as bad as our leaders.....its pathetic in you guys because you are not even one of them and will never be.

You sold out your people for the promise of being like the slave masters that laugh their asses off at you people......pathetic.

PURE Politics at the cost of the peoples well being....great, lets get the average person behind that!

edit on 11 24 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Can you just imagine if a Republican President following a historic election defeat of his own party of epic proportions came out later that month and announced he would ignore the voters and create law via executive order? Oh my God the media and the Democrats would go absolutely bonkers! But if a Democrat does it then it's a "brilliant move". LOL

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

You do know there were other Republican Presidents before Obama. The President is was referring to was Reagan.

Well, you DID refer to 'Republican presidents' in a general manner. Bush was indeed one of them.

Regardless, the point is the same. You guys spend all your time whining and complaining about Republicans and Republican presidents, and then support Obama when, according to you, he acts just like them.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

You guys spend all your time whining and complaining about Republicans and Republican presidents, and then support Obama when, according to you, he acts just like them.

Exactly.

edit on 11 24 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Obama signed the dream act into law in 2012 as well, but hey if I were Latino I would also stay the hell away from the party that is actively trying to tear apart many of my peoples families.

The illegals have no one to blame but themselves if their family gets torn apart. They came here knowing there was a possibility it could happen and they came anyway. Not a single person or party is to blame. These people have to take personal responsibility for their actions. If they get deported they can take their families back home with them.

If we break a law, we pay the consequences. If an illegal breaks a law, they get away with it and get rewarded for it???

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: muse7

Obama signed the dream act into law in 2012 as well, but hey if I were Latino I would also stay the hell away from the party that is actively trying to tear apart many of my peoples families.

The illegals have no one to blame but themselves if their family gets torn apart. They came here knowing there was a possibility it could happen and they came anyway. Not a single person or party is to blame. These people have to take personal responsibility for their actions. If they get deported they can take their families back home with them.

If we break a law, we pay the consequences. If an illegal breaks a law, they get away with it and get rewarded for it???

But it`s for the Children!Damn all to our children,they can just suffer from increased job competition and ever increasing taxes to pay for all the largesse by the democrats for illegal aliens who should not be here in the first place.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: muse7

"Tear families apart"? Somebody decided to come to the US illegally and it's the fault of the country they entered that they can be deported? Their family is perfectly legal SOMEWHERE ELSE, if family matters that much they should move back to their country of origin.

They knew the laws when they came here. Stop blaming the law.
Thank you!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328
When is someone in the role of leadership going to lead this country? I personally don't see anyone on either side of the isle give a rats arse about the AMERICAN people. Its always about the party and staying in power. And while all these yahoos are having a party on our dime the country is whirling father and farther in debt. We are 40 billion dollars away from 18 trillion dollars. So while nobody is looking BOTH parties are ruining our country. So maybe we as a people need to set our so called party allegiances aside and try to fix this mess that both parties created.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It very well could turn out as you descripe OP. People want to rail about Obama not keeping promises, etc., when it is mainly the fault of Congress. Obama's only recourse is an executive action, and when he uses that power he is demonized. He cannot win with republicans, who will demonize him no matter what he does. I disagree with his immigration policy wholeheartedly, but I am not going to support the ludicrous claims of his detractors who have basically been saying the end of America is near, and it is all Obama's fault. The republicans, with the future majority in the bag, will most certainly embroil our nation in a costly conflict. Probably with ISIS. Their stock among women voters is down considerably, even in areas where they traditionally had a lot of female support, and this is due to their backward policies where women are concerned. So they're losing that group. Their immigration policies are definitely going to hurt them with those of Mexican descent. Their unwillingness to compromise, when they essentially shut down the government, also disallusioned some of their supporters.

That party has been tanking for a while now, and what they do in the near future in Congress is likely to put the last nail in the coffin, establishing firm democratic control of the presidency for at least two terms. Not the upcoming term, but those after that. The republicans in congress wanted to complain about Obama's policies, all the while acting like children who would take their ball and go home when not getting their way. I know these things have lost the right some supporters for sure, but there is still a lot of blind support that will not sway, no matter what the policies are. But the increasing minority populations are going to help to ensure a democratic hold in government in the near future.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I havw to commwnt, and Im sorry if I hurt someones feelings. The people he is helping, are the ones who came here illegally and PURPOSELY squeezed out a kid as an anchor. The kids became pawns in the game the parents tried to play, which makes me question the motive behind having the same values on life. My family was immigrated the proper way. We spent thousands of dollars and a lot of waiting. I want my money back, its not fair. a reply to: CB328

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You're right. It was a brilliant piece of political pandering for no other purpose than to help 'his team' win elections. I'm not so convinced its going to work out for him, though. The polling data ahead of it seemed to indicate that the public wasn't too keen on the idea of doing it this way, so we'll see how it plays out in the coming weeks. I think there's at least an equal chance that this backfires on him and the Democrats as there is that it helps them.

I have to agree with your opinion that this may blow up in their faces, especially when the African American base of the Democratic party finally realizes that these illegal aliens will be taking even more jobs away from an already underemployed segment of the legal population. Wall Mart employees struck for higher wages again today. They have been trying to get $15 an hour for the past 3 years now but why should WM pay more when there are millions of undocumented that will gladly take less. "Lord Have Mercy", just how much political injustice will it take to make the public wake up!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join