It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Brilliant Move

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So Obama gave a very eloquent speech the other night introducing his new immigration plan to the country, and every conservative in America is super pissed off now (as if they weren't mad enough already). But was this really a bad move on Obama's part?

The conservatives just won national elections, but they haven't come into power yet. This move by Obama is "creating the narrative" for the next two years leading up to the very important and unpredictable 2016 Presidential election.

Republicans will be telling the world how much they hate illegal immigrants, who are mostly Mexican, for the next two years leading up to that election. Meanwhile, lesser known is that the Republicans won so handily because many democratic voting blocks turned out at much lower numbers than they did in the presidential elections, and one of the biggest of those blocks is Mexican Americans.

Young people also don't vote much in minor elections, and they are going to be disgusted as well by the Republicans tripping over themselves to denounce not booting out every Mexican in America. This will include a lot of libertarians, who will also be a swing group going forward.

Obama may have just rescued the Democratic party without anyone realizing it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

He really is helping the American public. It's a down right shame this President is being tossed around like a worthless piece of shhitte.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Agreed, and I voiced this same sentiment in an earlier post, The Republicans have to be careful what they say and/or do concerning Immigration because they can lose more Latino voters, especially since Latinos are becoming more and more important as their population grows and expands.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
he settled for immigration now that gun control is out of reach. it was the "safe" move, but it was the only politcal torpedo he had left.

what to expect between now and 2016?

the stage is set for false flag. beware.

probably to be blamed on isis or foreign power. republicans are primed and ripe for a new threat/war...

whoever is writing this world script is genius...
edit on 23-11-2014 by LurkingRelentlessly because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I am glad everyone is so happy about saving a political party from losing power after it basically disenfranchised its own members and the country by being full of isht and not doing what it promised if in power.

In the mean time our country has never been more divided.

How wonderful.

Its also great that the democratic party likes to be known as a political party of law breakers who when in power break law and defy the Democratic process for the sake of future elections. That will sit well after some years I am sure.

edit on 11 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

edit on 11 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

So, your hope for change has been re-newed?

When the democrats then take this country back in 2016, by owning the whitehouse, senate and house, what changes do you hope to see realized?

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

At the expense of the American people. Who cares as long as your party wins right?

edit on 11-23-2014 by Springer because: Focus on the topic NOT your fellow ATS member.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So Obama gave a very eloquent speech the other night introducing his new immigration plan to the country, and every conservative in America is super pissed off now (as if they weren't mad enough already). But was this really a bad move on Obama's part?

The conservatives just won national elections, but they haven't come into power yet. This move by Obama is "creating the narrative" for the next two years leading up to the very important and unpredictable 2016 Presidential election.

Republicans will be telling the world how much they hate illegal immigrants, who are mostly Mexican, for the next two years leading up to that election. Meanwhile, lesser known is that the Republicans won so handily because many democratic voting blocks turned out at much lower numbers than they did in the presidential elections, and one of the biggest of those blocks is Mexican Americans.

Young people also don't vote much in minor elections, and they are going to be disgusted as well by the Republicans tripping over themselves to denounce not booting out every Mexican in America. This will include a lot of libertarians, who will also be a swing group going forward.

No, I do not think the Republicans want to boot every Mexican out of America. Just the illegal ones ... the ones who got here through legal methods will want those criminals gone too.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
He hooked some bait cast his line and so far republicans have Pounced on it
edit on 11/23/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Obama's Brilliant Move

Yes 100% brilliant move by Obama.

A lot of attention without actually doing anything as usual.

Love it !!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
All Republicans have to do is remind everyone that Obama had two years of a Democrat controlled Congress and didn't do diddly squat about immigration "reform." Then they can point out that Obama waited until after the mid-term elections to issue his executive orders for what he himself called "political reasons."

If the Democrats really cared about immigration "reform," then why not push it through when they had the chance? If Obama really cared about immigration "reform," why wait till after the mid-terms? Will Latinos be able to see that Obama's actions are a blatant attempt to manipulate them into thinking that Democrats care about them?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
All Republicans have to do is remind everyone that Obama had two years of a Democrat controlled Congress and didn't do diddly squat about immigration "reform." Then they can point out that Obama waited until after the mid-term elections to issue his executive orders for what he himself called "political reasons."

If the Democrats really cared about immigration "reform," then why not push it through when they had the chance? If Obama really cared about immigration "reform," why wait till after the mid-terms? Will Latinos be able to see that Obama's actions are a blatant attempt to manipulate them into thinking that Democrats care about them?

Obama signed the dream act into law in 2012 as well, but hey if I were Latino I would also stay the hell away from the party that is actively trying to tear apart many of my peoples families

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

At the expense of the American people. Who cares as long as your party wins right?

Yep.

If we steer North into the ice, we will be in charge! We don't care if that iceberg sinks the ship as long as we are the Captain when it sinks!

Oh, and for the poster and cronies a question.... Why does the Democratic Party need to be rescued?

You know why, tell us?

It is brilliant that their lying, corruption and scandals which just cost them numerous seats will be nullified by additional underhanded corrupt actions? Really, that is what you want and are cheering for?

You political religion people make me sick. Your team must win at any cost, the will, wants, and needs of the American People be damned.

edit on 23-11-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I was wondering where this O.P. has been,...

Waiting for the perfect time to pounce and show us how brilliant Obama is...

FAIL!!

Stick around and defend this turd Prez...

It is nice to have big easy targets to shoot down every now and then LOL...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Obama signed the dream act into law in 2012 as well, but hey if I were Latino I would also stay the hell away from the party that is actively trying to tear apart many of my peoples families

Partido Acción Nacional ?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
No,Partido Democratica E.U.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Ah that's a negative there Houston.
Republicans turned a blind eye to
illegal immigration for decades.
The Presidents move appears to be politically based as well.

Neither Party has responded properly and effectively to protect
The Taxpaying Citizens of The United States of America.
The United States Leadership have allowed illegal immigration to
metastasize from a controllable National Security issue based
on Constitutional law, into a politically "lawless" and controversial
issue.
This issue is now mired in deadlock, in a form that points neither party as responsible.
The whole situation is reprehensible,
and reeks of mismanagement.
Neither fair to Citizens or Immigrants.

In fact, Check it out : www.newrepublic.com...

Here is The Department of Homeland Security Data :

www.dhs.gov... Research it for yourself, on me, as I paid my taxes for it.

www.dhs.gov...

Read it and Weep.

www.pewresearch.org...

It has been Gridlock for Decades! S&F to you

edit on 24-11-2014 by Wildmanimal because: add content

edit on 24-11-2014 by Wildmanimal because: add content

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

"Tear families apart"? Somebody decided to come to the US illegally and it's the fault of the country they entered that they can be deported? Their family is perfectly legal SOMEWHERE ELSE, if family matters that much they should move back to their country of origin.

They knew the laws when they came here. Stop blaming the law.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
A small majority of people voted the republicans into congress, now what! they won't cater to democrats, that will make the base angry, they can't cater to establishment republicans that will upset the tea party and they can't back the tea party that will make everyone angry. The next two years should be very interesting.

Yet everything will be blamed on Obama, this should be good.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You're right. It was a brilliant piece of political pandering for no other purpose than to help 'his team' win elections. I'm not so convinced its going to work out for him, though. The polling data ahead of it seemed to indicate that the public wasn't too keen on the idea of doing it this way, so we'll see how it plays out in the coming weeks. I think there's at least an equal chance that this backfires on him and the Democrats as there is that it helps them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join