It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would you do? 1 million for sure VS 50% chance for 100 million

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There might be a 50% chance for 100m. But can i push the green button more than once? Or maybe il push both buttons at the same time.

If asked which one i picked il say both of them. I pick both. Because i like the colors red and green. It's like Christmas.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I'm pretty content with my million.
Thanks Anyway.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'd go with the sure thing and take my million and then turn it into 100 million!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'd take the million as I don't have enough money for heating and soon I won't have electricity.

If I had enough money for basic living I might feel more inclined to press the other button.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

If I was being selfish, I would take the million. To be honest, I would not want to be in control of a vast amount of money, because I believe that it is very difficult to have possession of such an amount without being negatively affected by it.

However, if I was being fair, I would go for the one hundred million. You see, with a million pounds for instance, I could make myself comfortable, provide for my son, provide for my mother, offer something to my sister and her husband, look out for my friends, invest a little, and maybe do a little charitable donating.

With one hundred million, I could do all of that, but with a vastly extended ability to expand the charitable angle. Hell, with that kind of money, I could make a significant difference to the lives of a huge number of the worlds poorest and most poverty ridden people. Digging huge numbers of wells and installing pumps and purification systems to prevent people dying from thirst, or because they slaked their thirst, would be something which one hundred million pounds would really help with, especially if it was all dropped directly on the problem, rather than on organisations operating in country.

Just pay the money, get the plumbers on a plane, get the holes dug, the pumps installed, and then out again.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
1 Million no brainer. Anyone who thinks they cannot live for the rest of their lives on a million hasn't done the math!

Remember you don't have to spend it immediately you can sit on some of it for a few years as it gains higher interest in accounts/bonds with long term no access. If you put it in a current account and spend the capital then, quite frankly, you're an idiot who deserves to lose it all.....and oh boy there have been some idiotic lottery winners !!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

1 Million every time for me. It would be enough to buy a very decent property and have enough left over not to worry too much, at least for a few years!

Nice house, decent land - enough to be able to look after myself and my family.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join