It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harakmbut- Sacred Site Rediscovered in Peru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I'm so happy to share this one, I found a source in english which is unusual. I guess don't need a long intro this time. Amazing, just look at it.

The recent rediscovery of a giant rock bearing the likeness of a face has provided a cultural weapon for Peru's Harakmbut Indians as they struggle to protect their Amazonian homeland from deforestation, illegal mining and oil companies.

Harakmbut elders had long spoken of a remote spot on their 400,000-hectare (990,000-acre) Amarakaeri reservation where the face of an Indian is carved on a huge rock.

Until now, however, the only documentary evidence of the effigy has been a few photos taken in the mid-1930s. But last week, an expedition led by Harakmbut leaders Luis Tayori and Jaime Corisepa found the Harakmbut Face.

Just read this part :

"According to Harakmbut elders," he said, "there are two other monolithic faces in the jungle connected by ancestral roads leading to Cuzco," the capital of the Inca Empire.

latino.foxnews.com...
diariocorreo.pe...
www.efe.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
If they didn't say it was supposed to be a face I'd say it's pareidolia. Now I wonder how many other ancient carvings that are discounted as the mind forming images. S + F.

join