It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guilded Church Roofs and the Power of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I read up on some research a while back, apparently a botanist was working with plants and made an amazing discovery. He took foil sheets of various metals and ran wires from those foil sheets to the leaf structures of a plant. He then took the plant and closed it up in total darkness and set the foil sheets in direct sunlight. The plant not only thrived, but even went through the reproductive cycles and everything related as though it were in sunlight. The only signifigant difference in the plant kept in darkness and the control group plants was that the one in darkness took on a paler color. Strange to note, after the guy published his results, his funding was cut and he was out of a job.
A few weeks later doing some unrelated research on architecture, I noticed that many churches and cathederals had guilded roofs. Of course one could argue that this is for the beautifcation of the church, but given that guys recent research on the apparent conductivity of sunlight, I wonder now if there wasn't more to the story. What do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
16th century gilded roof in the orient, apparently europeans weren't the only ones that were doing this...

The gilded roof of Tashilumpo Monastery, Xigaze, Tibet. The monastery is the former home of the Panchen Lama, second in the lamaist hierarchy to the Dalai Lama.

Central shrine of the Sikhs, guilded with copper, early 1800's...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I cant really see a connection Twitchy

But the plant experiment is good news for potheads, no more light shining from windows at night, giving away the secret, no more dangerously hot metal halides in cupboards, just a few wires and bits of metal and nobody will know!

No really, thats quite amazing, do you have a link to his theorys about how it worked?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I wish I had paid more attnetion to the study, his research, I believe was supressed either by the Energy Interests who are typically hostile to any solar related research. That is my own conjecture though. The connection to religon here is not so much literally the 'power' of god, but perhaps a power source for early esoteric religous functions utilizing electricty. In light of the relatively recent findings of Ancient knowlege of electricity (i.e. Batteries made from clay jars and metal rods, the structure of the Ark of the covenant being similar to a capacitor, the intrinsic value of materials having unique electromagnetic properties (gems, gold, amber, etc.)) It is quite possible that if indeed sunlight can be conducted through metal sheeting it is also possible the very expensive and pain staking process of guilding the roof of a building may have more function than what is readily apparent. This is pure speculation on my part and I have not really dug into the theory as well as I might like to at some point, but it seems odd that gilding a roof, a very involved and incredibly costly undertaking would be only for the purpose of beautification.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I would think the gilded church roofs would act like a "PRAYER CAPACITOR". Concentrating the energy of the congregation's prayers.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Maybe it's an analogy for Christians: "Living in the dark."

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I would think the gilded church roofs would act like a "PRAYER CAPACITOR". Concentrating the energy of the congregation's prayers.

This reminds me of Wilhelm Reich and his "orgone accumulator."

Reich became convinced that a subtle biophysical energy permeates all living things and that he had uncovered a method of accumulating this energy (orgone) from the atmosphere. He believed that a metal-lined box "produced" or accumulated this new energy.

top topics

join