It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland cop kills child

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: TDawgRex

officers race released?

They're white, but no one seems to be arguing the event. The kid waved the gun (AirSoft) around and didn't listen to the cops.

A bad chain of events. Nothing more. Even the parents seem to agree.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

That, plus the family has already said they don't feel that it's an issue of race. They said it the day after it happened and have continued to say it. I'm sure that'll upset a fair number of people though.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That, plus the family has already said they don't feel that it's an issue of race. They said it the day after it happened and have continued to say it. I'm sure that'll upset a fair number of people though.

Not to sound flippant about the whole thing but "You can't stir up the pot" without a good spoon.
In this case it will probably save some innocent lives I hope.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

At the end of the day, its the 'Parents' fault for buying the 12 year old a Replica Gun or what looks like a Replica Gun to me even though it only fires Pellets!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
In other news, there seems to be more to this cop than this singular incident:

Officer Who Killed Tamir Rice Found Unfit in Previous Police Job

The Cleveland police officer who shot and killed 12-year-old Tamir Rice last month resigned from a previous small-town police job when he was deemed emotionally unstable and unfit for duty, especially in his handling of firearms.

There seems to be some trouble regarding the capacity of the shooting officer to reliably handle a situation like this. Which makes me wonder exactly what went through the officers' mind when he squeezed the trigger.

I want to know if Tamir said anything, if so, what? I want to know whether the officer had more information than what is being reported.

I want to hear from witnesses. There has to be one or two out there. I'm starting to have serious doubts about the conduct of this officer. On the surface it seems the engagement was legitimate. In light of this new information, however, I have to wonder about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's really sad when society can become comfortable with kids being killed by police because of a toy gun.

I also find it sad that someone can find it OK that police take only a few seconds to decide that deadly force is the proper solution.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

A few seconds is a long time in a potential deadly force situation.

I'm not saying that what happen here fits that bill. Especially in light of new information.

But legitimate deadly force encounters happen in 2-3 seconds. Your reaction time boils down to milliseconds. If you don't act you die.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They knew on the way a kid and a gun were potentially involved (the dispatcher knew the gun might be a toy). So the plan is to drive up to the person, yell drop it and shoot. Keystone cops ...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: projectvxn

They knew on the way a kid and a gun were potentially involved (the dispatcher knew the gun might be a toy). So the plan is to drive up to the person, yell drop it and shoot. Keystone cops ...

From what I understand the dispatcher did not pass that info along.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean they aren't lying through their teeth about it. Wouldn't be the first time.

Doesn't change the validity of legitimate deadly force encounters I described above. I just have some doubts as to whether this encounter was, in fact, legitimate.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Police don't use caution any more? Of course not. That way they can shoot people. Saw a gun, fired 10 rounds.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Depends on the situation.

Please refer to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For an explanation of why someone would shoot ten rounds.

That said, it isn't always justified. When it isn't, it should be prosecuted in the same manner that it would be if a civilian uses unjustified deadly force against someone. Unfortunately we have a system of laws and a "Good ole boys" network that often protects the wrong doing of police officers who step over the line.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Basically the quality of police work in potentially dangerous situations has gone downhill. If that is not true then the police have made shooting people a sport.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join