It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The thought to end all wars" - Hidden history & the truth about world war one.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If you have the patience please watch this very moving video.
The presenter speaks about his time in an English boarding school & goes into a lot of detail about how they were designed to serve what he calls the elite "warrior" class of Britain / British Aristocracy, who at the time before the outbreak of world war one were suffering a diminishing role and influence in society due to the new wealth being created since the industrial revolution among the upward moving middle classes, who he calls the "bourgeois". And he explains how they used their influence through the public schooling to indoctrinate the generation of soldiers that volunteered by the hundreds of thousands in Birtain at the outbreak of the first world war to have the same Martial mentality that the Aristocracy had had for so long amongst themselves.
The video is over an hour long, and its very informative, yet a little bit grating.. you just have to understand where this guy is coming from (he explains it in the video) and learn to accept his emotion for what it is, and try to tolerate his style of presenting his insights. Ther is a lot of unresolved anger in this guy, for one reason or another, but by the end of the video i hope you will feel as i do that watching it has been worth your time.

edit on 23-11-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My history teachers while I was growing up hated the fact that when WWI was brought up I'd always say "oh, the fight between first cousins".
People have fought blindly since. Nationalism. More like, die for the rich sucker. Doesn't matter who is in charge of which nation. War is chess for the wealthy.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

War for Fun and Profit.

Sadly it's continuing on with the US aggression of Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Well thats a pretty useless over simplification..... Watched the video? Didn't think so.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What happened to the good old days when the wealthy did the fighting themselves?

They would get together with their wealthy friends,put on their armor, mount up the horses and go out to the battlefield and get their hands dirty.Even kings would be there on the battlefield fighting to uphold their honor.
Now they hide and force the poor to do their fighting for them

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

... You need to watch the video to understand, at the moment you are reading from an incomplete simplified narrattive of what you think history is. From what ive just found out today, significantly more officers died during the first world war than regular soldiers (17% vs 13%). Who those officers were is a sociologically complex question that cannot be answered in any other way than by denying the ignorance you currently have... If you watch the video these questions are answered fairly well.... At the moment im looking into the sources of the information he presents and perhaps we can debate the points raised in more detail. Edit: wow this guys good, he posted everything in the About section of the video.

Published on Nov 11, 2014
The hidden history of World War One: how and why the West almost committed suicide, and how far the shadows of the Great War stretch into the present - and the future.

Freedomain Radio is 100% funded by viewers like you. Please support the show by signing up for a monthly subscription or making a one time donation at: www.fdrurl.com...

Bitcoin Address: 1Fd8RuZqJNG4v56rPD1v6rgYptwnHeJRWs
Litecoin Address: Lbxr3M8oezWaguEBc35MoyvQT88C85Sqpi

Get more from Stefan Molyneux and Freedomain Radio including books, podcasts and other info at: www.freedomainradio.com...

Introduction
mises.org...
www.parliament.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...
shm.oxfordjournals.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.smithsonianmag.com...
www.theatlantic.com...
www.jstor.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.amazon.com...
www.bl.uk...
www.bl.uk...

British Schools
www.amazon.co.uk...
books.google.co.uk...
www.bartleby.com...
www.express.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.h-net.org...
www.oua.ox.ac.uk...
theorwellprize.co.uk...
books.google.co.uk...

Women's Role
www.opendemocracy.net...
www.jstor.org...
www.youtube.com...
books.google.co.uk...
www.youtube.com...

Consequences
www.spiegel.de...
books.google.co.uk...
books.google.co.uk...
www.amazon.com...
books.google.co.uk...
www.pbs.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
mises.org...
books.google.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.britannica.com...
books.google.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Actually it's the same ruling Elite. You should look up Carroll Quigley he talks about the Anglo American Establishment and they are people described in your video.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I did some searching for a transcript of the video in the OP (unsuccessfully BTW...)

While searching I ran across some pretty bizarre results concerning the author of the video...

A few years ago, Molyneux was criticized (in The Guardian and elsewhere) for being a cult leader. Several aspects of Molyneux ring several cult red-flags, like jargon, a charismatic guru, encouraging followers to completely disassociate with family and friends who don’t agree (the jargon for this is “de-fooing”), and also the suppression of dissent within and without the group.

Stefan Molyneux Jumps Shark, Uses State to Silence Critics

www.fdrliberated.com...

Hello Edmund,
I posted on your website and sent you an email almost 5 years ago when our son defooed. Like other parents I was looking for answers and hope. Well now my son is back!!

His wife (then girlfriend) who majored in English and philosophy and very smart started pointing out discrepancies in Moly's views and noticed that Moly had a tendency to put women down. Once my son really started hearing what she was hearing they both dropped Stefan.

We don't talk about Stefan or FDR. When we first reconnected our son simply said he needed time and space to figure out who he was. An FDR friend of their's passed through town a couple of months ago and made some comment about an FDR podcast that he liked. Our son's wife made a very disparaging remark about Stefan which shut the friend's mouth very quickly.

Our son and his wife still have some views that are much more extreme than ours but my son is back and he's the person I remembered from before FDR. There were times when I never thought I'd see him again...

Stefan Molyneux Revealed

edit on 23-11-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Heavens to murgatroid... I Should probably put down this koolaide then ehh...

I watched the video and he does bring up some pretty valid and intelligent points but it very much felt like a sermon.... Crafted to get a response... I even had the thought "does this guy want to be an actor or something?"

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thanks, Funkadeliaaa, for sharing that video. Very interesting in the sense of history repeating itself. I would say that the key he is searching for would be to have every human read Dalton Trumbo's book, Johnny Got His Gun. However, a psychopath would probably hate it. I work for a couple of psychopaths who truly use others only as a mechanism to make their own lives easier and or better. It makes it a challenge to be a subordinate. However, I realize you can't take "it" with you when you go and I also realize that true happiness can't be measured in money or personal possessions but instead in our value to others through our interactions with other people.

I am a veteran and had I read Trumbo's book before joining I most certainly would have changed my mind. Breaking the perpetual cycle of psychopathy is as much of a challenge as breaking the cycle of poverty or racism. I suppose if psychopathy is a human trait for some that if in fact the world is a few billion years old then maybe the reset button goes off every so often when either we kill ourselves off or the Universe does it for us and some are left to humbly begin again.

I have a hard time understanding why people of America still sign up voluntarily to do the bidding of someone they'll never know for a cause from which they won't benefit. We have a huge dichotomy of people following along while others are so apathetic towards anything meaningful that it allows psychopathy to rule the day. The man in the video is right that until this changes we are headed towards self destruction. I keep hoping for an epiphany while continuously trying to adapt and overcome for my own survival. Ironically maybe life is really like the Lorde song "Royals", LOL.

Respect
Jimi Hendrix said, "when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will be at peace".

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
dp / edit

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
I even had the thought "does this guy want to be an actor or something?"

I believe he studied play writing and acting for two years at the National Theatre School in Montreal.

Makes you want to go HMMMMM...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
edit: actually another rewrite is in order considering how heavily ive just blown the lid off my own ignorance.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
maybe a ne thread is in order: "Is feminism sociologically unhelpfull? Or is it a true reflection of society?"

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well, made it a little past the quarter-mark.

Started out as a nice presentation and sadly turned to CRAP.

Whatever he's selling I ain't interested in buying.

That video was little more than a gold-plated turd.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

They stopped all that when the plebs got armed with the long bow. Up to then they could murder and chop up any one they liked. The english long bow put an end to that

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Well, made it a little past the quarter-mark.

Started out as a nice presentation and sadly turned to CRAP.

Whatever he's selling I ain't interested in buying.

That video was little more than a gold-plated turd.

Sadly, i read your post all the way trough, what a dissapointment...

You started with crap, ended with crap, and filled it with crap in between...

He was selling they idea, that love conquers hate, and that we can change the world, just by loving our kids some more.. But you dont have to buy it, if you dont want to

edit on 24 11 2014 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 24 11 2014 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join