It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the words I/Me a lot in order to help others (readers) - Affirmaions/Law of Attraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The Law of Attraction says that energy goes where attention flows and that It doesn't matter what thought you say in your mind, it gains more and more momentum with similar thoughts and begins to manifest in your life. So, this made me think about something.

People do affirmations and say things like this:

"I Am Love"
"I Am Joy"

If a self-centered person is making a post and saying something like this:

"I love myself so much. I am so awesome. I am having so much fun in life. I have so many things. I know I am a physical and spiritual being. I am so proud of myself for being a seeker of knowledge."

If focusing on the thought/affirmation "I Am Joy" is supposed to manifest Joy (according to Law of Attraction), then wouldn't reading a post like this by a self-centered person serve as an affirmation and benefit YOU (and others reading) as you read along in your mind?

Maybe it isn't so bad if people talk about how much they love themselves after all. Then again, this is just a thought, what do you think?

edit on 23-11-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Because we have been brainwashed into accepting that selfishness is evil, no one speaks like this. We all are awkward puritans at a barn dance when it comes to our desires and what we'd like to get out of our time on this planet. If the law of attraction is true, it is little wonder people are so dissatisfied. Just listening to their speech tells me that they can be their own worst enemies.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Narcicism is rampant.....the first sign of psychopathy......self centered behavior is the bane of the world.
BE JOY, BE LOVE....don't just talk to yourself about it......
Actions are the purveyors of intent, not words.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

True. People are taught that they should be ashamed for wanting to do what they want instead of doing what other people want them to do, and for having a sexuality, and for loving themselves. Some people even believe that their existence is inherently evil and that they deserved to be tortured endlessly just for existing.

a reply to: stirling

I think you missed the point. I'm not talking about someone speaking to themselves about love and joy. I'm talking about how, if Law of Attraction and Affirmations are true, then whether or not it's possible that those people who love themselves and type about how they love themselves could actually helping others because it could serve as an affirmation.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I love myself...

All for one and one for all!

new topics

top topics

join