It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the press going on Bill Cosby + What fell out of the headlines?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

You have a pretty sick mindset not sure how you can proudly declare victims of rape don't deserve justice if they dont meet your odd standards.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline
In the UK they have tried to say the queen is involved but I don't believe that one but I have picked up rumours about Sir Elton John who was allowed to adopt children at the ripe old age of sixty five.

To conceive their first son sperm from both men was mixed to fertilise the chosen egg – a process banned in the UK – and the child was carried by a surrogate.

Source : Mixing sperm like in a horror movie or something

I never did like the man after he attended a charity do and threw a glass of wine over his expensive suite jut so he could say "Look at me, I can afford to do it"

Seems to me that working in youth institutions for local government had it perks and the perverts were left unchecked but to become anything near the top of the government they first made they had $hit on people before they could rise closer to the top and blackmail material was taken at swinging 70's parties that also went with a liberal dose of drug taking to kick things off.

If Sir jimmy Savial kicked the doors in then Sir Elton John would bring the roof down.

edit on 23-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

I've not heard any rumours about elton John what's he meant to have done?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

There are varying reports, some of which have come from other celebs. George Michael has said to have heard about Elton John when he was a kid because George says he was a kind of prostitute and he had heard about Elton John from other prostitutes, who were all underage at the time.

I don't have links for this information, I heard about it years ago, and make no claim as to the authenticity.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Is there going to be popcorn provided for this event or no?

Do you generally see discussion of sexual assault as entertainment event in need of popcorn, or are you mocking a conversation in an attempt to further discourage dialectic?

Do you always use big words to try and sound more intelligent than somebody else?

But no, my point is simply that this thread has turned into a two person flame war that is, at best, barely on topic.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Trying to sound more intelligent isn't the reason I use "big words". Elucidation is important, as language is what crafts our reality. As for off topic, your comments are completely, even if mine are on the fringes themselves. However, I respectfully disagree, and don't consider it a "Flame War" as such. It certainly was only two of us talking, briefly I might add, about the larger topic of sexual assault, until, as generally happens, more people enter the conversation and the thread continues.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
"Elucidation" OK I admit that I don't know what that means but he does seem to be on topic to me.

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: VirusGuard
I've not heard any rumours about elton John what's he meant to have done?

I think he did something wrong with a group of cub scouts and his name was brought up in connection with Youtree which I read in a forum who's name I cannot mention here but I did look at a few leads at the time that seemed valid.

Don't know but everyone who regularly attended parties with the known BBC Perverts must all be suspects in my book and we also know that the BBC has a lot of contacts with the establishment being that its the states main propaganda news station.
edit on 23-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

I also respectfully disagree. Typically people start using "big words" when they feel it will add weight to their statement. In a forum like this, I don't think most people would feel the need to use dictionary words to get their point across.

Furthermore, my initial comment was actually quite topical. My popcorn comment was off topic to the main thread, but at that point you and another had hijacked the thread into your own personal debate forum. So really, it was an off-topic response to what was already off-topic comments. But as you pointed out, the thread is now getting back on track.

️Deuces!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Typically people start using "big words" when they feel it will add weight to their statement. In a forum like this, I don't think most people would feel the need to use dictionary words to get their point across.

Did you actually just attack a fellow member for using words you don't know?

:-)

Maybe ATS should also have a sandbox forum in addition to it's mud pit

The topic (sexual assault) is what we're discussing, and we're not even a little bit off course. It's a pretty emotional subject. If someone is going to cast aspersions on people claiming they've been raped - I don't think it's all that unusual to expect that they get some grief for that - do you?

You've been here at ATS long enough to know how this goes

Your popcorn comment was actually pretty disrespectful when you factor in the seriousness of the subject matter - and off topic, so...

edit on 11/23/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: clarity

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
a reply to: signalfire

The first person to come forward with a lawsuit was silenced with a monetary agreement

This, this right here IS the fault of the victim if they were indeed assaulted. If I or a close family member were sexually assaulted, I guarantee you I am NOT settling for ANYTHING out of court, I would take it as far as possible in the criminal justice system. Settling out of court either means you were not being truthful in the allegations, OR that you can be bought.

There are times when I find that I must walk away from my computer and cool off for a bit so that I don't actually type what is in my mind and get myself banned for life.
Your statement is, without a doubt, one of the most ignorant and callous I've ever seen on this forum.
You are saying you would drag a child through a court setting to be called a liar and cheat and all the other things I've seen happen to victims who speak up. You sir, are a vile human being if you would force your family through that because if it hasn't happened to someone close to you, you have absolutely no idea what they endure in the aftermath of such an assault.
My experience with a relative being in a similar situation of molestation made me wonder why anyone WOULD speak up, and that was back a lot of years ago, before social media provided even more grist for any mill out there.
My prayer is that you or your loved ones never face this situation.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
And then everyone involved took a moment, they all took a step back and regrouped.

Everyone looked back on what had been said and how they thought about it all.

And then they all came back and spoke about it all a little differently.

And the horrible context of the conversation was discussed...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

To use your own phraseology, did you just assume that I don't know the words he used? Or is it possible that I simply pointed out the unnecessary ten dollar words?

I'm sorry that you were offended by the popcorn comment. It certainly wasn't said to offend you. It was said to point out that the thread had been hijacked. If it hurt feelings, then you have my most sincere apologies!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I don't think it was hijacked seeing as it was a reenactment of what the thread speculates happened to the women in the first place, ie:

"We were sexually assaulted but were too afraid to tell anyone!"
"Well then it's your fault, live it with it for the next several decades in silence!"
Suddenly, it is brought up online!
"Hey, I got sexually assaulted way back then! And I won't be afraid to talk about it anymore!
"Hey, that's inspiring! Me too!"

Seems pretty on topic to me.

And a very nice psychology lesson as to why people would be quiet about it.
edit on 23-11-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

Appeared off topic to me because of the personal attacks (ie you don't deserve justice because you never said anything) being tossed about. You think that's on topic, good on you.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

...did you just assume that I don't know the words he used?

Obviously

Or is it possible that I simply pointed out the unnecessary ten dollar words?

Are they listed in the T&C - these unnecessary $10 words?

Bullying is unnecessary - period

Also, no apology necessary - I'm not the one owed an apology. I am wondering (if you're up for it) if you could explain what part of any of that was off topic. Here's the thing - this thread is actually about how the heck did this Bill Cosby story knock everything else off the radar. It didn't - but, I understand what the OP was asking. It was explained very well pretty early on in this not very long thread by Benevolent Heretic. Some of us here were just reading along when someone else then decided to call into question the rape allegations. That's to be expected - and frankly, since we don't have any real evidence yet - this is pretty much a he said/she said story. We all are entitled to our opinions about which way this story leans - but, nobody knows for sure yet what really happened

Then - the same someone went ahead and turned a reasonable comment into something else entirely

And here we are. I was frankly moved by the amount of emotion in that back and forth

Even with the scary big words

:-)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
What`s this thread about again????

Bullying, bickering, bill cosby????

Serious thread drift...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

This is true...

All real important news nowadays is to complicated for the masses to process at this state in society..

Which is truly not fair yet it makes sense to keep it from the masses..

Confusion leads to hysteria..

I blame not getting the real news on education and have vs have not in our role of survival in a sense the hierarchy still is survival of the fittest...

Never mind I do not want to talk about this to ats. Most topics on here remind me of the decay of intellect..

Speaking of which this is one grand assault on intellect isn't it...

edit on b322014-11-23T18:32:01-06:00America/Chicago113076 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Also, if you do not report a crime like that because you are afraid people wont believe you and will call you a liar....then you simply do not deserve justice. True crime victims will speak up. If you remain silent, then that is your fault. You would think they would want their attacker to be brought to justice. I know I would.

When someone has been molested drugged and raped. They feel dirty,

humiliated, and degraded.

When the perpetrator is someone who is rich, famous and a celebrity at the

top of their profession and revered by the public, the *victim* realises that

'who is going to believe them??'

If they have the psychological strength to report the rape .... they will then be

RAPED, humiliated and degraded again by the system, in public and in

court, by bullying lawyers ... and have to face the wrath of 'fawning fans' who

will refuse to believe their 'idol' is capable of the despicable crime that they

have committed.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Bullying? I fail to see how anything I said forced anybody to do anything they didn't want to do. Which, let's be honest, is the actual definition of bullying

As for what I took to be getting off topic? When one member starts telling another member, who is (probably) not Bill Cosby and (probably) not one of Cosby's accusers that they deserved their lack of justice for not speaking up when something happened to them. I failed then, and still do, to see how THAT comment pertains to Bill Cosby, Bill Cosby's accusers, or how Bill Cosby was able to allegedly do what he is said to have done.

I'm sorry if you found anything in the thread to be scary though.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

a reply to: signalfire

The first person to come forward with a lawsuit was silenced with a monetary agreement

This, this right here IS the fault of the victim if they were indeed assaulted. If I or a close family member were sexually assaulted, I guarantee you I am NOT settling for ANYTHING out of court, I would take it as far as possible in the criminal justice system. Settling out of court either means you were not being truthful in the allegations, OR that you can be bought.

Yes, it's her fault she was raped and it's her fault she didn't want to raped again by the criminal justice system. You think you know what you would do in her situation but you do not know until you're in it. I would like to suggest that it's YOUR fault.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join