It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the press going on Bill Cosby + What fell out of the headlines?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This isn't really that hard to explain.

Cosby was mostly washed up and was planning a big comeback on NBC and Netflix. His PR machine decided that as part of his DC exhibit to encourage his fans to "meme" him. Sadly, Bill Cosby is already a meme, and the allegations that forced his initial retiring from the entertainment world resurfaced when he did.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: thesmokingman
I do however not think that ALL of the people coming forward are true victims. Also, I wonder how many of them slept with him on their own accord?

And THAT'S the reason many rape victims don't bother reporting it. Because someone who knows absolutely NOTHING about it will call them liars.

Also, if you do not report a crime like that because you are afraid people wont believe you and will call you a liar....then you simply do not deserve justice. True crime victims will speak up. If you remain silent, then that is your fault. You would think they would want their attacker to be brought to justice. I know I would.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Also, if you do not report a crime like that because you are afraid people wont believe you and will call you a liar....then you simply do not deserve justice. True crime victims will speak up. If you remain silent, then that is your fault. You would think they would want their attacker to be brought to justice. I know I would.

I'm very glad that you have never suffered a sexual assault.

I have never pressed charges against the person that sexually assaulted me, and for you to claim that it was somehow my fault that he made me do the things that he made me do to him is beyond disgusting.

I was 7 years old and he said he would kill my sister if I told anyone.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

I'm very glad that you have never suffered a sexual assault.

I have never pressed charges against the person that sexually assaulted me, and for you to claim that it was somehow my fault that he made me do the things that he made me do to him is beyond disgusting.

I was 7 years old and he said he would kill my sister if I told anyone.

Kinda different situation for children(and by the way, were not talking about children here)....and you can stop the trying to vilify me...it wont work. Since you so freely want to talk about your experience, tell me why you did not report it to your parents or the police?
edit on 23-11-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

ETA: Ok, I see where you said he would kill your sister if you told anyone. To that I will say, if it were ME, I like to think even if I were 7 years old that personally I would have reported it to at the very least my parents. Again I will reiterate, we are not talking about children victims of Bill Cosby. We are talking about full grown women...there is a bit of a difference.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

You're the one trying to vilify people. I am simply telling you that I feel that your opinion is beyond disgusting.

My attacker was a police officer. He was my father, and in case you missed it, he said he would kill my sister.

And, yes, we are talking about children here. We are talking about SEXUAL ASSAULT victims. Some of them are children, some are adults, some are men, and some are women. You don't get to pick and choose who you are talking about when you make blanket statements like the one you did.
edit on 23-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So people who are frightened don't deserve justice? What a crazy statement.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You're the one trying to vilify people. I am simply telling you that I feel that your opinion is beyond disgusting.

My attacker was a police officer. He was my father, and in case you missed it, he said he would kill my sister.

And, yes, we are talking about children here. We are talking about SEXUAL ASSAULT victims. Some of them are children, some are adults, some are men, and some are women. You don't get to pick and choose who you are talking about when you make blanket statements like the one you did.

Well I stand fully by my blanket statement. Sorry about YOUR experience. I in no way tried to vilify anyone. Im simply saying my opinion and what I would do in that situation. Sorry if you dont agree, not my problem though. Does not make me a bad person. Just makes me different from you.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

So people who are frightened don't deserve justice? What a crazy statement.

How is justice supposed to be brought if a crime is not reported?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well I stand fully by my blanket statement. Sorry about YOUR experience. I in no way tried to vilify anyone. Im simply saying my opinion and what I would do in that situation. Sorry if you dont agree, not my problem though. Does not make me a bad person. Just makes me different from you.

True crime victims will speak up. If you remain silent, then that is your fault.

Could you tell me again how it was my fault. That's probably my favorite part of how you AREN'T blaming the victims here.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

True crime victims will speak up. If you remain silent, then that is your fault.

Could you tell me again how it was my fault. That's probably my favorite part of how you AREN'T blaming the victims here.

Ok you are heading WAY off topic here. This thread is about Bill Cosby and the alleged sexual assault victims of BILL COSBY. This thread has absolutely ZERO to do with you and your sexual assault experience. What can you not seem to understand about that?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If I or a close family member were sexually assaulted, I guarantee you I am NOT settling for ANYTHING out of court, I would take it as far as possible in the criminal justice system. Settling out of court either means you were not being truthful in the allegations, OR that you can be bought.

thats your call. does not make you any more right or wrong than anyone else in how you handle it..

from my perspective, a 10 million dollar check helps out a hell of a lot more than no check and cosby in jail...

dude is about 100 years old anyway....turn down the cheddar so he can do less than a nickel before he dies in hail anyway....
pass

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Ok you are heading WAY off topic here. This thread is about Bill Cosby and the alleged sexual assault victims of BILL COSBY. This thread has absolutely ZERO to do with you and your sexual assault experience. What can you not seem to understand about that?

Because you aren't talking about Bill Cosby. You are admittedly making blanket statements about sexual abuse victims.

Well I stand fully by my blanket statement.

And I take offense.

You made this about me.

So, tell me again how it was all my fault that my father did those things to me when I was seven years old because I didn't tell anyone. Tell me again that because I knew my father was a monster, and that he threatened to kill my sister, that I am to be blamed for not telling someone that it was happening.

Go ahead, you said you stand behind your blanket statement, and if you do, just say it. Just say it with pride, and I will walk away from the thread.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Because you aren't talking about Bill Cosby. You are admittedly making blanket statements about sexual abuse victims.

Well I stand fully by my blanket statement.

And I take offense.

You made this about me.

So, tell me again how it was all my fault that my father did those things to me when I was seven years old because I didn't tell anyone. Tell me again that because I knew my father was a monster, and that he threatened to kill my sister, that I am to be blamed for not telling someone that it was happening.

Go ahead, you said you stand behind your blanket statement, and if you do, just say it. Just say it with pride, and I will walk away from the thread.

Sounds like you need to talk to somebody....Im not a counselor, so I will bid you a good day...I have stuff to do. I hope you can find the closure and help you need.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Oh, believe me friend, I have plenty of closure. As you can see, I had -zero- issue with calling you out on what I felt were horrible comments you made about sexual assault victims, and I am going to guess that by the way you are slinking away from your comments instead of PROUDLY DECLARING them again, that you are also disgusted by them, and don't want to own them.

If I am wrong, I welcome clarification, but, sadly, I don't believe I am.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Somewhere there's a bunch of sycophants and handlers that provided Cosby with the quaaludes, orchestrated these hotel room visits and drove the taxis that he called to whisk them away when he was done with them.

This is the important part here. We're not talking about covering up "Gay agendas", Scientific discoveries, nor are we talking about immigration. What we are talking about is WHO IS behind these people that direct them in their behavior.

My biggest issue with this "Cosby Case" is that there is a lack of investigation taking place. People are not reporting the crimes as soon as it happens, or what could be worse is that if they are being reported they are not be investigated. This is adding up to be just like the Jimmy Seville case. If Cosby has been doing this for decades, then he has to have a support system that provides him with drugs. There has to be video from hotels showing him come in with the victims, and if not there would be a "back door" agreement with these hotels so that he can come and go with out being seen. This would be a big cover up that if true needs to be exposed.

SO nobody has reported these events when they happen? Maybe check out the hotels where they happened, see if House Keeping had any thing odd to report about the rooms where they occurred, and check out who owns these hotels since the reports happen in different cities.

That's where I would start. Is this a Jimmy Seville styled case where one person has so many high level connections that they can literally get away with murder, or is this a Scientologist styled case where there is such a large number of compliant people that high level members can literally get away with murder (Yes I know murder isn't the talking point here, rape is, but you get my point)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Yea what the heck happened to Ebola?

I keep picturing Cliff getting all giddy while he like walks up Claire's legs with his fingers on the couch in the living room of the Huxtables. He puts on a jazz record or soemthing. That happened a little too much on the show...I'm starting to wonder about Cosby myself.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Oh, believe me friend, I have plenty of closure. As you can see, I had -zero- issue with calling you out on what I felt were horrible comments you made about sexual assault victims, and I am going to guess that by the way you are slinking away from your comments instead of PROUDLY DECLARING them again, that you are also disgusted by them, and don't want to own them.

If I am wrong, I welcome clarification, but, sadly, I don't believe I am.

Look pal, I already told you I stand by my statements, I do not have the need, nor the time to sit here and argue with someone that is obviously starving for attention. So again, I am PROUDLY DECLARING my statements, and telling you that I am disgusted with YOUR comments. Tell you what, when you can have a big boy conversation, and stay on the topic at hand, then maybe we will cross paths again. Til then, go outside and get some fresh air, and have yourself a great day.
P.S. Read the bottom of your posts, and remember this: Dont confuse my lack of a reply with not having a reply. Youve probably just bored me.....

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Your affirmation is truly disgusting. I have seen some posts on ATS that I don't agree with, but could understand the reason for posting, but for you to proudly stand behind a statement of victim blaming, even when a victim identifies as such and says that your statements are offensive, sharing a past trauma to help illustrate the point, you double down, and I don't understand how you could.

I didn't post my opinion for attention. Your attempt to shame me for sharing my story is illogical when your main argument is that victims shouldn't stay silent. Which is it? Victims should shut up, or victims should tell people?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Is there going to be popcorn provided for this event or no?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Is there going to be popcorn provided for this event or no?

Do you generally see discussion of sexual assault as entertainment event in need of popcorn, or are you mocking a conversation in an attempt to further discourage dialectic?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join