It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My application to join the UK Armed Forces.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC

That sounds really positive my friend.

Thanks for everything.

It's really appreciated.

I'll look into that as soon as possible.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I realise you are not a conscript but I think you might find this perspective of military service interesting. It comes from a document call silent weapons for quiet war.

The Draft (As military service) Few efforts of human behavior modification are more remarkable or more effective than that of the socio-military institution known as the draft. A primary purpose of a draft or other such institution is to instill, by intimidation, in the young males of a society the uncritical conviction that the government is omnipotent. He is soon taught that a prayer is slow to reverse what a bullet can do in an instant. Thus, a man trained in a religious environment for eighteen years of his life can, by this instrument of the government, be broken down, be purged of his fantasies and delusions in a matter of mere months. Once that conviction is instilled, all else becomes easy to instill. Even more interesting is the process by which a young man's parents, who purportedly love him, can be induced to send him off to war to his death.

Although the scope of this work will not allow this matter to be expanded in full detail, nevertheless, a coarse overview will be possible and can serve to reveal those factors which must be included in some numerical form in a computer analysis of social and war systems. We begin with a tentative definition of the draft. The draft (selective service, etc.) is an institution of compulsory collective sacrifice and slavery, devised by the middle-aged and elderly for the purpose of pressing the young into doing the public dirty work. It further serves to make the youth as guilty as the elders, thus making criticism of the elders by the youth less likely (Generational Stabilizer). It is marketed and and sold to the public under the label of "patriotic = national" service.

edit on 24-11-2014 by learnatic because: typo

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

In my personal opinion I think you are dangerously naive.

I mean no offense, but if you have to ask for input on a public internet forum about your application to join the army while clearly stating that you hear voices, then I would say in no way should you join and I seriously question your judgement and maturity. In fact on first read I thought this thread was a hoax.

I'm confident that they will reject you and quite frankly I hope that they do. I don't mean that out of spite or malice but merely for your own well being and that of other people.

I apologise if what I've typed has offended you, but that's my view.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WineWithIce5

heheh

You do know US gave 500 million, Canada 90 million, UK at least 100 million.

TO FORM ISIS

Ever heard of Syrian Rebels.....ever wonder what happened to those guys.

Ever asked yourself where did ISIS come from and how come they became so strong.

But what do I care, participate in this game if you are so inclined

this ^^^, we pull out of afghan iraq then 2 mins later isis pops up and is just as strong as al qaeda ever were, al qaeda isnt a scary word anymore, need to keep people scared of something new, america funding terrorists is nothing new, just ask the federal reserve about who kept the german war machine rolling so long? hmmm

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muckleduck

couldnt edit my post, just thought id add, that i signed up when i was 15 and got refused due psoriasis on my hand, with a 5 year window before i could re apply, so i waited, re-applied to be a tank crewman/driver, application refused due to 9 points on my driving license, i wouldnt waste my time now, i still get letters from different t.a branches asking me to join them, if they dont want me doing it full time i aint doing it at all was my view and still is.

now my eyes are wide open to the bs of the recent wars weve had, they cant even get troop numbers up in uk so they are considering women for infantry...

women should only be allowed to perform infantry roles if the regiment they form is entirely women, i wouldnt want someone incapable of fullfilling that role next to me on a battlefield, theres a reason women dont go to the frontline.

its all just political bullcrap, i wont die for the queen or the uk government, i would however fight for scottish independance after the media bias towards staying in the union, without scotland england is poor, b4 vote were told running out of oil , same day of vote or day after they found one of the biggest oil fields just off scotlands coast...funny that eh.

or how about all the homeless veterans and poor to no medical treatment of injuries?

if i was u id cross my fingers that they refuse u.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirslie don't willingly give any information ever and certainly never give unsolicited information

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
it's a waste of ink mate. Lizzy and your country doesn't need you. no matter what the poster says.

I wouldn't have been comfortable knowing the guy next to me with a loaded Weapon was regularly hearing voices, and in times of stress who knows what those voices might be telling you tomorrow.

Anyway, It's not all Action. The endless Bulling of Boots and pressing of trousers is enough to make a man go stark crazy.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Dude your out of there. The most insane people I ever knew including my self were in the U.S army infantry. You got to be crazy to have that dare, quite frankly they need useful idiots, and your comfortably means very little when bullets are flying.
edit on 20-12-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I'd be inclined to go out on a limb and suggest that 5% of the population hear voices it wouldn't be farfetched to say some of those are serving in the Armed Forces.

I appreciate the concern of people suggesting that one day the voices could cause an irrational response at the wrong time...
I did consider that prior to applying.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If anyone is keeping up with the thread my application was initially rejected...
To which I have no complaint.

I have the chance to appeal so long as I bring information from my doctors that would back up my assertions that I am not influenced by said voices.

I also appreciate all the input in the thread so far.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
If anyone is keeping up with the thread my application was initially rejected...
To which I have no complaint.

I have the chance to appeal so long as I bring information from my doctors that would back up my assertions that I am not influenced by said voices.

I also appreciate all the input in the thread so far.

not the end of the world, personally based on my experience i wouldnt waste your time re-applying , they only want infantry and musicians at the moment going by the recruitment drive lately.

if i had joined the army at 15 my life would of been pretty dire now id imagine, instead im just finishing off my electrical apprenticeship.

the food is #, the pay is # the living conditions are about the same as prison if not worse in some cases.

the only people id risk my life for nowadays is loved ones, i could care less about the royals, the politicians etc, britain is no better than saudi arabia or any other country with royal families...its a joke, why do we need these people? oh thats right we dont. they need us.

ive never seen combat or anything but ive been involved with military since i was about 12, done mock missions down in england against regulars when we were only cadets.. lol good fun but war is nothing like training, i dont wanna die and be forgotten in some desert land only to fill the pockets of the already rich.
edit on 20-12-2014 by muckleduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Why would your life have been pretty dire if you'd joined at 15? You would have probably been at Welbeck College at that age doing an Army apprenticeship, followed by a guaranteed job for a few years while you get your experience. The pay is actually pretty good and the opportunities for personal development are great. I've been in the job full time since 1996 and absolutely love it.

Yes there have been some # times but there have been an awful lot of cracking ones as well. In all I wouldn't trade my Army time for anything. I've trained and worked with some of the most professional soldiers from units from all over the world. Climbing K2, skydiving and mountain climbing in Kenya and the US, skiing in Norway, untold number of p1ss-ups all over the world, travelling half the globe and sampling local customs/women amongst many other things, and all while getting paid. I've been witness to and been part of some of the most prolific events of the last 20 years all while doing this job.

Getting shot at, stagging on in the rain as a Tom, doing rubbish jobs in camp as a junior, doing troop administration and discipline when a senior are all pretty rubbish, but doing the stuff above with your mates make it all worthwhile for me.

Or you could sit on the UK doing the same job day in day out for the next 40 years. We can't all be heroes can we

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
The most insane people I ever knew including my self were in the U.S army infantry.

And luckily the UK armed forces have much higher standards......

someone suffering auditory hallucination would not be accepted.

I got denied entry into the Royal Naval College just for having simple depression.

Schizophrenia is a definite no no.

Im not being mean just to add. Yes you may not act on the voices and you may never will. But if they let you in they open the door to the next person with Schizophrenia ect and they may not be as in control as you are and the UK ends up with a mass shooting or worse a British Mai Lai massacre.
edit on 22-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
. We can't all be heroes can we

You don't need to pick up a gun to be a hero.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Why would your life have been pretty dire if you'd joined at 15? You would have probably been at Welbeck College at that age doing an Army apprenticeship, followed by a guaranteed job for a few years while you get your experience. The pay is actually pretty good and the opportunities for personal development are great. I've been in the job full time since 1996 and absolutely love it.

Yes there have been some # times but there have been an awful lot of cracking ones as well. In all I wouldn't trade my Army time for anything. I've trained and worked with some of the most professional soldiers from units from all over the world. Climbing K2, skydiving and mountain climbing in Kenya and the US, skiing in Norway, untold number of p1ss-ups all over the world, travelling half the globe and sampling local customs/women amongst many other things, and all while getting paid. I've been witness to and been part of some of the most prolific events of the last 20 years all while doing this job.

Getting shot at, stagging on in the rain as a Tom, doing rubbish jobs in camp as a junior, doing troop administration and discipline when a senior are all pretty rubbish, but doing the stuff above with your mates make it all worthwhile for me.

Or you could sit on the UK doing the same job day in day out for the next 40 years. We can't all be heroes can we

its nothing against the military, if u enjoy it then fair play to u dude, i have alot of respect for anyone who serves, its just not for me anymore, i studied marine engineering for a year then left to become an electrician.

i do miss doing annual camps and mock training weekends, we were pretty decent for cadets that they allowed us to train with regulars sometimes lol, not everyone was that interested though, ever since i was a kid it was all i wanted to do, ww2 used to be all that interestd me in school, in a way i felt like it was my turn to "pay the piper" and sign my name on that line. turns ou its more like 50 signatures nowadays, i had a little patch of dry skin on my hand and they refused me for that, fir enough if i had signed up o be a chef or dr, but i signed up as light infantry 2nd choice - marksman , cnt see how i would even effect my duties in anyways, got 71 out of 74 on my BARB aswell, surprised anyone fails that lol, only thing that let me down really was my run time, still acceptable but not purple beret material

the friends i still know from cadets who did sign up have some interesting stories to say the least, the one that sticks out in my mind is when they got lost in iraq with no comms and low on rations, they did make it back to camp though.

i just think if i signd up at 15 i may of regreted it later, its not even about dying for my country or anything like that , i just wanted to make sure if i did get sent out id do my best to keep the guys around me alive, earn myself a purple heart to get all the ladies

but my attitude towards war has changed alot these recent years, i doubt i could even swear an oath to protect the queen now, shes not my queen, i dont want a monarchy ruling over us.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

That was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment from me. My point is there is a lot of negative comment on ATS with regards to the military. I was just showing that you take the rough with the smooth. We are not all brainwashed robots on a kill crazy rampage. We are normal guys who get to do loads of cool stuff that most other people don't.

Yes we have to go to places and shoot people as well as being shot at, but if you pray for rain you have to be prepared to deal with the mud

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Your rejection was probably due to the fact that you will be required to work on vehicles and weapons which all need various petrol, oil and lubricants which may have an effect on your condition.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

That was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment from me. My point is there is a lot of negative comment on ATS with regards to the military. I was just showing that you take the rough with the smooth. We are not all brainwashed robots on a kill crazy rampage. We are normal guys who get to do loads of cool stuff that most other people don't.

Yes we have to go to places and shoot people as well as being shot at, but if you pray for rain you have to be prepared to deal with the mud

No I agree.

Reason I once applied for the Navy wasnt due to queen or country or any patriotic BS. It just seemed like a cool job with good prospects for me. But as I said unfortunately I my application was rejected.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join