It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Neanderthals a sub-species of modern humans? New research says no

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

No credible scientist believes in "missing links" the media keep using that word however. ...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

WOW! This is an amazing find for me. It completely rewrites all the science we've heared about Neanderthals so far. I love when game changing discoveries come into play. For me it kinda resonates with the old stories and text about Giants.....that's a personal belief. I just believe the sightings of "Sasquatch" and the stories of Giants have a big part of our history as humans and if we evolved from them why did we even witness them? They should've evolved just like us at the same rate. The stories of the ancient people tell us that they did in fact battle giants in those days, so what's not to say that a small population survived as what we now perceive them as bigfoot? From what I've read they are scared of us for a reason, maybe that reason is that way back when we modern humans destroyed the majority of them and they agreed to live in hiding, hence why we now observe their illusive behavior.

That's my two cents anyways. I tend to really think into hints and listen to testimony. If 50k ppl tell me they've observed the same thing over a period of many, many years, I believe I should trust them. So my conclusion, oddly enough from this, is that a different species did in fact exists and we almost wiped them out, culminating in what we have today as bigfoot sightings that are very rare, because they've leanred Over time we are hostile to them so they need to be ghosts and myths in our modern culture.

lol ok my random thoughts are over, but just keep your minds open, life's much more interesting when we wonder.
edit on 23-11-2014 by NiZZiM because: Spelling errors

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Last I checked,,,
Humans are not Primates.

It is a genetic fact.
According to the latest Genetic Data.

Let me know if I am mistaken.

As Statistics were involved in the assessments
that state otherwise.

Considering that Statistical Analysis
is beholden to the Top Dollar these days.
Please feel free to enlighten me.

S&F

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Thanks for cheering me up...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Great minds discuss ideas

Average minds discuss events

Small minds discuss people

Tiny minds discuss made up stuff

lol, and thanks for CHEERING me up too
edit on 24/11/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

your reliance on crackpot websites tells the tale.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Yes, everything is a conspiracy and "they" are all out to get you.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

This is new news? I thought it was decided when the draft genome was published 4 or so years ago? Perhaps they were still arguing over it, but it seemed to be cut and dried then.

That's what I thought. I think this is just reinforcement of that position.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Different cosmic families

Correction, one family called life.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
We will probably not know the truth about our origins for the next 200 - 1500 years.

A change in the structure of society mirrored from a change in our inner selves is necessary if we are to succeed in what we wish.

As long as some politicians and science minds are deceptive, fraudulent etc. mixed with others who are sincere and true, the latter will always lose. And so, this "great" passage of straight line you call history of modern man will never be known until we change.

I for one, care not about how my body came to be as is. I care more about how I came to be as an entity with identity.

Until we change, I will keep to the latter. For the other thing is of this world and is merely ... interesting on a basic curiosity level.

Kudos to those of scientific and political status who do their very best and stand firm when confronted. However, which is which.......? Suppose time and movement will unfold that curtain.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

Last I checked,,,
Humans are not Primates.

It is a genetic fact.
According to the latest Genetic Data.

Let me know if I am mistaken.

As Statistics were involved in the assessments
that state otherwise.

Considering that Statistical Analysis
is beholden to the Top Dollar these days.
Please feel free to enlighten me.

S&F

I understand your concern. I can suggest you to address your pros and cons to the following scientists:

Samuel Márquez, PhD, associate professor and co-discipline director of gross anatomy in SUNY Downstate’s Department of Cell Biology

Anthony S. Pagano, PhD, anatomy instructor at NYU Langone Medical Center

William Lawson, MD, DDS, vice-chair and the Eugen Grabscheid research professor of otolaryngology and director of the Paleorhinology Laboratory of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai

Professor Jeffrey T. Laitman, PhD, Icahn School of Medicine and director of the Center for Anatomy and Functional Morphology

Eric Delson, PhD, director of the New York Consortium in Evolutionary Primatology or NYCEP

Ian Tattersall, PhD, emeritus curator of the Division of Anthropology at the American Museum of Natural History

All the above phd-ers are part of the team that contribute in the research. I don't have the qualification to kill or to applaud the study.

edit on 24-11-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Hey now,the cited Dr. Jack Cuozzo is a creationist orthodontist. If you can't believe a creationist orthodontist on the subject of paleoanthropology, well, what's this world coming to?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Hanslune

Hey now,the cited Dr. Jack Cuozzo is a creationist orthodontist. If you can't believe a creationist orthodontist on the subject of paleoanthropology, well, what's this world coming to?

Chuckle...yes I've asked our drive by poster Murgatroid on a number of occasions to start a thread and explain how he knows all MSM is wrong but he flees each time.

However, you do NEED fine folks like Murgatroid for theydemonstrate the extreme end of a position and just how ridiculous it is. For example if I were to declare all MSM correct I'd be in the same extreme boat as him.

I've noted that the MSM says we need something called 'oxygen' to live that is obviously wrong....lol'

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I'd think an Orthodontist is probably quite a good person to speak to about the shape of someones mouth...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
We will probably not know the truth about our origins for the next 200 - 1500 years.

The truth has been known but because of the cover ups, mockery, and ridicule just as you have seen take place here in this thread, it is largely ignored.

Archeology is nothing but fraud masquerading as "Science" and is lying to us about the REAL history of this world.

The MSM has always been used to keep the truth hidden, Archeology is no exception.

"The model of human prehistory built-up by scholars over the past two centuries is sadly and completely wrong, and a deliberate tool of disinformation and mind control. ...they demonstrate a systematic destruction of proofs that show another reality than that the official story. Falsifications and even destruction of such proofs has been common for more than two hundred years."

Forbidden Archeology

In the dark past of human civilization, the ruling class controlled humanity largely through religious institutions and mysticism. However, the turn of the century witnessed the epistemic transformation of the elite's religious power structure into a "scientific dictatorship."

Engineering Evolution

"....scientists who see an intelligent force at work in nature are being fired from their jobs. ...mention "intelligent design" today and your career is over. Why are "secularists" so afraid of intelligent design? Because they're funded by the Illuminati, (Rockefellers, Rothschilds etc.) who are Satanists. Satanists fear that acceptance of this "intelligence" will interfere with the makeover they're giving humanity. They think they are God.

Secularism pretends to be about freedom and tolerance but that's a ruse. It is Satanism in disguise and nothing freaks a Satanist more than the rumor of God or anything resembling Him. The secularists are more fanatical than any religious cult. They are a satanic cult. They deny the obvious! They have to expel scientists! They have to stop free inquiry and debate!

Yes Virginia, there is no Satan. But there are legions of his disciples ready to betray truth for transitory profit. They're in academia, the mass media, government and the National Academy of "Sciences." They serve the Prince of Lies. They make evil seem good, lies seem true. They want humanity to be an accomplice in its own demise. This is why Satanists "reveal the method." They want our moral complicity. They want our souls. Modern Western history is the record of the overthrow of Christianity by Satanism disguised as secularism. Satanism has pervaded every aspect of our cultural and intellectual life but we hoped that science would be spared. Apparently, this is not to be.

Intelligent Scientists "Expelled"

originally posted by: CaptainLJB
...there's tons of excavations of Giants, most of which were sent to the Smithsonian to...disappear! It's the same story over and over again: skeletons found and lost. It's a cover-up, trust me. There's just too many records of these things being dug up, not to mention Indian testimony that their ancestors fought these big guys. Everything points to the Mound-Builders being Giants...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Archeology is nothing but fraud masquerading as "Science" and is lying to us about the REAL history of this world.
OK..you found us out. But you should see our Saturnalia parties!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3

The truth has been known but because of the cover ups, mockery, and ridicule just as you have seen take place in this thread, it is largely ignored.

Of course its ignored as it consists of you shouting that's true, you make no effort to show it is true. Why should we believe you?

So how do you know all of this?

Oh and going into Murgatroid mode for a moment here [murgatroid mode] any source you use is wrong[/murgatroid mode] Good luck supporting your contention! lol

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yeah baby noting like drinking tepid 3.2 beer out of authentic Mu beer pitchers!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If you change that to " will lounge comfortably drinking beer while supervising others digging" I'm in...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jarocal

If you change that to " will lounge comfortably drinking beer while supervising others digging" I'm in...

...get a job supervising the clearing of jungle from Maya ruins - a nearly continuous task. Tedious but while doing so you can do the above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join