It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

leylines and abductions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ryan2010

When you are posting there are icons for different things.

There is an "A" "B" "I" "U" etc. When you are posting other people's work you must use the correct icon.
Put your mouse pointer over each one and it tells you what it is for.

It just sounded very suspect when you were asked to post a link and you said you couldnt find it...

Surely you knew where you got the information from?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ryan2010
a reply to: SecretKnowledge ok everybody im not claiming this is my work or anything, today I came across this website saying lay lines and ufo conections so I put on my post some of the things the guy said in his study of laylines and ufos reading his work he said he convinced that laylines an ufos are connected, so I said to ats members I found there may be a conection with ufos and abductions when near lay lines I don't understand I have said its not my work im only putting this mans findings on ats I have never studied lay lines in my life I hope this clears up any confusion caused by me not putting the link or not wording anything correctly, arnt I allowed to browse the internet for stories I find ats might find interesting and post them on ats?

If you are using someone else words and work, you have to give credit by posting a link to their work or saying this is from so-and-so. The way you posted, you made it sound like it was your words and research. That's a no-no around here.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl ok again Im sorry for the confusion, im still learning my way around the controls from now on il be sure to put the author or the link to whoevers work I put on ats. I tried going back into my history to find the page I was on to highlight the heading to paste on the reply post but couldn't find it, and I couldn't remember the name of it. I find by lying to yourself you feel pretty #, its something I haven't done for a long time. and thanks for explaining things to me everyone my posts will get better you just have to bear with me.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

Maybe you should read a thread before you post, you just repeated exactly what somebody else has already said.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Okay, now that we've sorted out the questions of who wrote what. ...I have heard many times about leylines, and was watching a documentary today which postulated that the pyramids at Giza were possibly some sort of energy focusing machines, linked to leylines.

We've had some strange experiences when we hsd our house built over underground rivers (including abduction type).

I would like to know what exactly leylines are?
The description one usually reads is just some sort of vague energy.... is there any clear explanation of this scientifically? Is it proven that leylines exist?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma im working on this

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

the lore and lure of ley lines
a reply to: Bluesma

goodnight all
edit on 23-11-2014 by ryan2010 because: had enough

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Just some quickie information...Ley Lines were originally called "Straight Tracks"
en.wikipedia.org...

IIRC these "Straight Tracks" we found to link churches etc....across the UK, later it was found they actually linked older sites. The churches were just a usurpation of older places. (something...yadda-yadda) connected to the building of the
Medieval cathedrals via esoteric information supposedly from the Masons.

The upshot being these sites originally picked by earlier peoples as being able to facilitate different types of "desired aims".

After Watson, came Paul Devereaux , currently working on the Dragon Project
en.wikipedia.org...

Now as to what types of universally accepted science that has resulted from Devereaux's work I don't know. Just that some has been done. It's acceptability to hard science? I'm not as familiar with this as I used to be 15 yrs ago.

Then you get into the main group involved in ley lines.
www.britishdowsers.org...

I can't speak to the UK's dowsing societies, but here in the US these people are used in the petroleum industry, by local utility companies to find their lines if the older maps have been destroyed, for well digging, plus more applications.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Before one can even begin looking at tenuous connections with 'witchcraft' or supposed alien abductions, where is the evidence that 'ley lines' even exist? If they are real and are emitting energy of some nature, then that energy could be measured, so where is the scientific proof of such phenomena?

originally posted by: ryan2010
I realized how every ancient culture claimed that ley lines gave off positive or negative energy.

Name one. Just one...Betcha can't.....
edit on 11/23/2014 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This post has me wondering if Travis Walton was abducted on a ley line? hmm

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Plagiarism aside, I'm wondering why witchcraft and the occult would be appropriate for this particular forum instead of several others available within the Mysterious Subjects Forums.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Because of the correlation the OP has made to alien activity surrounding Ley Lines.

Altho I've been just as lazy as everyone else in this thread about googling some corresponding info, it's not too far fetched as there is also heightened UFO activity around nuclear facilities. I see it this way, it would make some sense for certain places to be more attractive to ET's, or possibly facilitate more activity due to any number of reasons.

Some people go all a-twitter over UFO activity around military bases, but why not look at a broader spectrum?

If there could be some possibility of their interest in more ordinary places due to geology or combination of factors why not chat about it and toss some ideas out there?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

A tenuous correlation at best, as the bulk of the OP dealt with folklore, mysticism, spiritualism, pseudoscience and the occult.

Just pointing out that there are more appropriate places to "chat" about such things.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
a reply to: Caver78

A tenuous correlation at best, as the bulk of the OP dealt with folklore, mysticism, spiritualism, pseudoscience and the occult.

Just pointing out that there are more appropriate places to "chat" about such things.

And regarding "Ley Lines"...

www.livescience.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The criticism here in this thread tells me that the OP has touched upon some part of the truth that some would prefer to remain hidden.

Last year while some reading, I stumbled across some connections between crop circles and ley lines.

These subjects must be somehow interconnected.

Below are a few of the searches I used...

Crop Circles Ley Line - Google Search

Crop Circles fraud Ley Line Serpent Line - Google Search

Crop Circle eye inside pyramid - Google Search

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
The criticism here in this thread tells me that the OP has touched upon some part of the truth that some would prefer to remain hidden.

Your post tells me that the "criticism" has touched upon personal beliefs that some would prefer were truth.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance hi I do apoligize for my post I made a complete mess of, I haven't put the source of the information on my post so the words your seeing you think are mine, they are not they are the source, sorry about all thiswww.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Lines?

A ley-line is a straight fault line in the earth’s tectonic plates; this is a scientific fact. What science though refuses to believe is that through these, cracks in the earth’s tectonic plates the magnetic energy released are very powerful indeed.

In fact many people have claimed to have felt the energy surge up their body, and some of them claim that they have blacked out as the surge was that powerful.

How Long Have Human Beings Known About Ley Lines?

Our ancestors have known about these lines for many hundreds of thousands years.

Every race and culture on the planet has known about these lines yet every one had different names for these lines. Many people here in the UK tended to think that the druids found these lines; this of course is complete and utter nonsense. All we need to do is to look at the ancient cultures of the earth.

Take the native Indians of the United States; they used to call ley lines spirit lines and their Shaman’s used to use the electro-magnetic energy in these lines to help them contact the spirits.

They even designed their medicine wheel on the spirit lines, as they knew that these lines followed a straight round line. How did they know about these lines and the energies that they give off? The answer’s simple: the sky Gods told them.

Whilst here in Europe we are lead to believe that the druids called them mystical lines, in Wales they used the same name as eastern countries; they called them dragon lines. We know that Eastern countries called them dragon lines as the sky Gods flew in dragons along these lines (I will draw on the Wales, Eastern connection in the next sub-heading ).

The aboriginal people of Australia called these lines dream lines, once again they claim that knowledge was passed on to them from the sky Gods.

Do Ley-Lines Emit Positive Or Negative Energy?

Yes, ley lines can give off positive or negative energy.

"How?" I hear you ask.

Well if a coven have gathered and practiced black rituals they can blacken the line from giving off positive energy to negative energy. Is there any proof for this? Yes, in the nineteen seventies, in the small Yorkshire mill town of Todmorden, a coven practiced in a small woodland area in the district of Cornhome. The woodland has four ley lines running trough it.

After the coven had stopped practicing there, the wildlife had disappeared from the area and did not return till nineteen ninety-six, after white witches had performed several cleansing rights there.

Also, the occult and paranormal author Andy Collins in his book the Black Alchemist claims that the people of hex are going round blacking ley lines. And through them doing this lead to the gales and great damage that ripped through the UK in nineteen eighty-seven.

This brings us back to why the Welsh call ley lines dragon lines. The Welsh called them this as the white dragon represented all what is good and wholesome in the world. Whereas the black dragon represented all that is bad and evil in the world, which then in turn brings us back to the Eastern philosophy of Ying and Yang the dark and the light.

One interesting fact is that the Swastika stone on Ilkley moor in Yorkshire is the oldest known depiction of a Swastika in Europe.

Swastika Stone : Ilkley. Map Ref: SE09554696
Some think it likely, that the swastika was carved by one of the Lingones Celts during the Romano-British period.

The cups in this design align north-south and east-west.

The northern line points directly towards Simon’s Seat on the northern skyline.

The eastern axis points directly at Almscliffe Crag, above which the equinox rises from here.

This is probably the most famous carved rock on the moor,

the Swastika Stone is generally considered to be later than the other carvings here and to date from the Iron Age.

The stone is believed to have over twenty ley lines intersecting through it.

A colleague of mine who reads Sanscrit claims that the Swastika on the stone is actually an old ancient Sanscrit of a Star/Planetary system map. That once again brings in the link to ley lines and the sky.

He also claimed that a Shaman would have used the rock in his ritual and religious ceremonies, and that it, with out doubt, predates the druids and their knowledge of ley lines.

How Does This Lead To The UFO/Abduction & Paranormal Connection?

As I now enter my twenty-first year of researching the UFO/Paranormal phenomenon, for the past fifteen of those years, I have started to notice how a lot of the phenomenon happens over areas saturated in ley lines.

At first I just thought it was all just coincidence. Then we I looked at the data I were collecting, by interviewing witnesses to these events. As well as during my research I read Maurice Crosse’s findings on the Enfield poltergeist and how he found that thirteen ley lines intersected the house. In his mind, that’s why the family were experiencing the activity.

I went back over all my cases with a fine toothed comb, and ninety- five percent of the sightings/activity all had taken place on ley lines. How can I prove this? Well, since being a young child I have been able to dowse for ley lines.

For my own piece of mind I brought in a gifted psychic whom I know, and took them to the sites to see what they could pick up.

Before I knew they had picked up that there were several ley lines running through the area, as they were in a trance like state, they point the lines out exactly where I had previously dowsed for them and found them. At no time did I tell them why we were going to the area. The only information I gave was that several people had been seeing an apparition at the site.

They even gave the description of the apparition, which had been witnessed there. We then went to two sites where UFOs had been observed. Once again they were drawn towards the ley lines first.

I also took them to places that didn’t have any ley lines and they confirmed that there were no ley lines there, yet the witnesses had observed something there. And they went into great detail as to what they had seen, though it was not as prominent as the things witnessed at the ley lines sites.

With this independent psychics’ findings, as at no time did I tell them what I was looking for, it confirmed what I was already beginning to suspect. Ley lines played an important part in what and why people were reporting more UFO/Paranormal events over ley line sites.

Then in nineteen ninety-six, when I began my research into the abduction phenomena, I found the parallel between abductions and ley lines. As most abductees seem to live on or around heavy ley line sites, I began to look at my own abductions and contactee experiences. I al
edit on 24-11-2014 by ryan2010 because: not enough information

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78 thanks caver for bailing me out on this mess, hopefully the members can get some information now on ley lines

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78 thank you for your thoughts on this caver78

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join