It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isis children in chilling video . Is it impossible to win the war on terror

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya
Sorry about the delay replying but i thought this thread had died a natural death . Oh and i was slack .

Same thing that cults and religions prey on. People are disillusioned and disgusted with western capitalism, materialism, and greed. They look for something that suits their spiritual needs, since their material and physical needs have been met.

Are you saying that something is missing in an materialistic or physical way for these people . The west is built upon catering to the material and physical wants of people . As for lacking in spiritual needs , these people have been practising their beliefs while in the west , so they either feel that what they were practising was wrong or somehow flawed . However your second point has merit .

Add that to the fact that combat is exciting, as well as going on a campaign. Exhilarating. Group psychology comes into play too. They join a mass of people with similar disillusionment, goals, ideology, they feel that they are part of something greater.

I am sure that the the people who go to join the jihad see this as a glamour bound adventure . Unfortunately for them i would guess in most cases they are wrong .Someone has to clean the toilets . Right . And being dead kind of sucks also .

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
Not at all, I was saying the opposite, that the materialism is flimsy and leaves something to be desired. We are lacking in spirituality and community here. For example, most people dont know their neighbours these days. Technology keeps people in a bubble and even when they're out with friends, they're focussed on their phones. Easy to feel empty.

Yeah they paint it as a glamourous adventure, ironically the same way the army does here, they make it look idealised, dutiful, patriotic. Propaganda's used for a reason: it works!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join