It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper facing life in prison... because there's a gun on his album cover

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It'd be ridiculous to convict someone on the basis of their lyrics and/or cover art.

Obviously. But don't let that get in the way of a good headline.

edit on 11/23/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: trollz

I actually have no problem with this. He belongs to a gang, he runs with criminals, he does benefit. America has a gang problem, as far as I am concerned willfully joining a gang is enough. If you join a group that robs banks and you drive them around you are participating in those crimes. If you join a gang, that exists to conduct criminal activity, you are participating in those crimes.

This.

The same way mob members are targeted under the RICO Act. Now gangs are also being targeted, apparently, and it's about time.

RICO Act Wiki

It's not about the album cover - it's about gang membership. That's it. The guy is in a gang and going around publicly proclaiming it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: trollz

Sounds crazy right? Well, it's true.
No it isn't. But the album cover will, no doubt be attempted to be entered by the prosecution whether or not it is relevant. The case does not hinge on it. There is, I'm sure, more evidence than that.

Prosecutors are invoking a state law put in place by voters in 2000 that has not been used until now. It allows for the prosecution of gang members if they benefit from crimes committed by other gang members, the station reported.

www.washingtontimes.com...

It's a conspiracy (in the legal sense, not the ATS sense) rap.

Well, how sure are you, cause you sound pretty sure??

I sure hope there is more evidence than that, but it wouldnt suprise me if there where not.. But your properly right, like always

So when will the world have the guts, to make an intervention like we did in Iraq an Syria?? I mean, we did that to stop the crazy dictators and gangmembers from Al Qaida and such, right??
Why not remove the gangs terrorizing your own home, before telling the rest of the world what to do??
The US of A is the ONLY free country in the world, right? The ONLY place where it is, we the people, who makes up the laws and rules of the country, right? So why arent you cleaning up your own country?? Or are you telling me, your gonna use pictures of guns and ammo to do that, when you use bombs everywhere else...??

Dont get me wrong, i love and envy the american people, you have all those rights..! What breaks my heart, is that you collective decides not to use it...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

The US is not the only free country. It is not even the most free country. It is still a great place, and hopefully we do take back some of what we have lost. I think taking our streets back from thugs is high up on that list.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Well, how sure are you, cause you sound pretty sure?? I sure hope there is more evidence than that, but it wouldnt suprise me if there where not.. But your properly right, like always
I doubt a judge would hear the case if an album cover was all there was to it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And doubly doubt they would set bail at $1 mil for an album cover.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

The US is not the only free country. It is not even the most free country. It is still a great place, and hopefully we do take back some of what we have lost. I think taking our streets back from thugs is high up on that list.

Well, your ofcourse right, and i do mostly agree. I have great faith in the American people, you didnt get to the point your at by accident. And it is not your fault the world is in such a bad shape. We are ALL part of it.
But you guys, have the power and rights to chance things, and do have a lot to say in global politic. We all have to focus on ourself, learn to repair and love our own homes again. How else can we change the world, if we cant change ourself??

Thinks ARE changing, it aint all bad

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Well, how sure are you, cause you sound pretty sure?? I sure hope there is more evidence than that, but it wouldnt suprise me if there where not.. But your properly right, like always
I doubt a judge would hear the case if an album cover was all there was to it.

Like i said, your properly right, and what you say makes sense, but it is YOU Phage, and we ALL have to try and catch you in making a mistake, if it is possible - That is the only reason i joined ATS

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Ah gee. Sorry, man.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So if I were a member of the masons, elk lodge, Kiwanis, VFW, and one of my group members commits a crime, and I post a picture of me wearing my club colors then I go to jail?

That's technically what they are saying...

So let's arrest our previous presidents cause skull and bones members have been arrested. Yet the pres worec the ring "representing"

Ha!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

a reply to: hammanderr

Yeah, he's a gang member and a rapper, but he's a gentle soul.
Hear that one quite a bit. He's a good boy, but those ones he goes around with...

Still, the prosecutor will have to prove his case.

There's an old saying; "show me your friends and I'll tell you the kind of person you are."

The personification of that lifestyle sickens me enough but it is of course our "right" to say and/or express ourselves. The "rap" game is nothing more than an old trick in new ways to keep a certain demographic suppressed. Give them an out by furthering devolution.

There has been several instances where lyrics directly incriminated a rapper who thought it was cool to rap about their exploits. .....silly rabbit. This story appears different and almost laughable, but than again most rappers who make it "big" know the best way to sell records is get arrested before your album drops. That gives "street cred" for all those young rural white kids dreaming of being a thug because they're tired of all the wedgies.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cito
No. It doesn't matter what you wear but it does matter if you benefit from their crimes.

So let's arrest our previous presidents cause skull and bones members have been arrested.
In California.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cito
So if I were a member of the masons, elk lodge, Kiwanis, VFW, and one of my group members commits a crime, and I post a picture of me wearing my club colors then I go to jail?

That's technically what they are saying...

So let's arrest our previous presidents cause skull and bones members have been arrested. Yet the pres worec the ring "representing"

Ha!

No. There is a difference between a gang that's purpose is illegal activity, and a club with a bad member. If you can not see the difference between a gang and a social club this topic may be over your head. If you do see the difference then you are trying to be obtuse.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

No. It doesn't matter what you wear but it does matter if you benefit from their crimes.

So let's arrest our previous presidents cause skull and bones members have been arrested.
In California.

If the OP's source is correct it also only applies to gangs. This makes sense as it is common knowledge that gangs are involved in criminal activity, not so much for the local Kiwanis club.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
It will be up to the attorneys to argue the difference and the judge (or jury) to decide.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

He is lucky that is a Jury I am unable to be on. No sympathy for me. Plus I just had Jury duty anyways.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I've nullified a jury once, very hard to do but there are instructions how to do it legit online.

It was over a similar case they wanted to prosecute and give defendant extra time for having an ounce of weed just because he had gang tattoos. He was guilty for the pot but I nullified the hell outta the case.

Judge was pissed off and I got a few angry looks, but as a member of a nullification for weed forum I'll always attempt nullification.

The Law You Won't Be Told: youtu.be...

I hope more join in.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

This is not about weed, it's about him profiting from gang murders.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

He is lucky that is a Jury I am unable to be on. No sympathy for me. Plus I just had Jury duty anyways.

Seeing as you've made your mind up from media hearsay, I wholeheartedly agree that he's very lucky indeed.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
No criminal record? They have absolutely NO case. I guarantee it will be dismissed. Of all the real crimes they could be fighting and solving, yet they feel the need to waste taxpayers money on a dead end case like this...

Yet he's incarcerated at the moment on a very real charge. Agree it's a waste of money. What will happen to all the rappers that rap about killing in their lyrics? Can the law go after gang members who have pics of themselves on the net holding guns? These laws sucks. Why do voters do this?
What a fine web we weave.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join