It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Country Stars Come Out...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: wilhelmina
So now ask me if I give a sh*t anymore who in the limelight comes 'out' of the closet?...Answer - I DON'T!

I'm so sick of having that cr*p shoved down our throats - just give them the 'equal' rights of heterosexual people and shut them the he11 up. OH and BTW I want my ' I'm a straight person parade!"....I promise to wear hetro appropriate apparel..... and not parade around in rainbow colored tutus or rainbow colored briefs.

Dry sarcasm follows:

Oh look, a whiny hetero. Waaah, supporting people in moments of deep personal vulnerability suck, waaaaah.
Get over yourself.

/sarcasm

I'm not a huge country fan (limited to pretty much a handful of Alan Jackson songs) and I've never heard of these guys, but good for them. I can see why they're apprehensive about coming out of the closet, considering the heavy Christian slant in the country music community. If Christians are really starting to live their own word better and tolerate different orientations more widely than in the past, this should be of no issue for them aside from a minority of dickwads who'd be better served listening to just Christian-industry music.
edit on 11/23/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

People, get over yourselves and stop thinking it is a big deal anymore.

When gay people can get a marriage license in EVERY state, and when no one can refuse to sell a product or service to a gay person in EVERY state, and when a kid doesn't have to be afraid to tell his family and friends that he's gay because he knows what the repercussions will be -- THEN it won't be a big deal anymore.

Until that happens, I hope more famous people come out after they have achieved success and adoration of their fans - to show that they are still the same person that was loved and admired as before. The first people who were brave enough to come out, like Ellen Degeneres and Rosie O'Donnell started changing people's attitudes towards homosexuals. This has helped to put a real human face on homosexuality, and has helped immensely to put us on the road to it not being a big deal anymore. But we still have a ways to go.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Somewhere in the bible belt, a homophobic rednecks head explodes.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

I live in the bible belt, and, gasp, go to church.

And guess what?

No one cares!

Haven't heard one person say a single thing about it. I don't know anyone who cares at all.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I couldn't agree more!

Who cares!

The only one's that care are those wanting to bring attention to themselves.

Enjoy your life,... however you want to live it!

Move on!

edit on 23-11-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

I live in the bible belt, and, gasp, go to church.

And guess what?

No one cares!

Haven't heard one person say a single thing about it. I don't know anyone who cares at all.

whats your point? I say respectfully. I question. Ok. Someplace in America or anywhere, any #hole of ignorance, where injustice, bigotry and avarice raise a red neck a head explodes. A metaphor for theophany.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

whats your point? I say respectfully. I question. Ok. Someplace in America or anywhere, any #hole of ignorance, where injustice, bigotry and avarice raise a red neck a head explodes. A metaphor for theophany.

My point, even the rednecks don't care anymore.

Coming out of the closet is old news and so passe as to be yawn worthy.

I doubt a single red neck head exploded over this announcement, I seriously doubt even one redneck really gives a

Living amongst the people you probably consider rednecks, I can vouch for the fact that most don't give a rats

Anyway, no one really cares that much what people do in the privacy of their bedroom anymore,
and it is trashy to throw your bedroom activities
hetero or otherwise
in other people's faces
They really don't care anymore to be honest

Isn't that what the LBGT movement is about, getting to the point where people go , yeah, ok, so what, who cares

edit on 9Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:59:57 -0600pm112511pmk252 by grandmakdw because: format

top topics

<< 1   >>

join