It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reid Technique: How well do you think you can handle a police interrogation?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
a reply to: DAVID64

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yes and it is NOT intimidation...

What you have heard, read or surmised is quite simply wrong..

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Ill tell what the RCMP do....They use subtle forms of torture to illicit confessions false or otherwise.....
Like taking your clothes and shoes and putting you in a cell with just one blanket....then turning the air conditioner for days.....right on the coldest setting......
I spent days under that blanket....... and all.....
They also deny medical treatment as well.....
I made it to day fourteen before I finally "confessed" to one of the multi false charges they had contrived.....
The cops are just bullies whose aim is to convict someone....anyone.....
I have been ready for revolution ever since, and the target of choice the RCMP.....they desperately need to be disbanded permanently.....They act as an occupying army not community policemen....

No other way to say it..

edit on 11/23/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Doesn't sound much like the Reid method at all, but kudos for enduring for 14 days! I despise being cold for 10 minutes...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: PrinceRupertsDog

Asking for a lawyer wouldn't be my first request if I was innocent. I would need to be formally charged first.

Many many innocent people have been convicted of crimes so your response isn't always a good choice. Depending on the severity of the crime, ask for an attorney immediately before answering any questions. Once you've asked for an attorney, NEVER answer any questions, keep your mouth shut. Stare at the wall, the table, a light fixture, the floor, your shoes. Keep your favorite song or memory or movie running over and over through your mind. You need to be determined and committed to yourself. Don't answer ANY question. Once you do, it's easy for them to play on that and dig deeper, twist your response etc. If you absolutely can't keep your trap shut, answer every question with "I don't know", EVERY question.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

That is great information and most should listen to it if they are being investigated, or feel they are being investigated. One important tidbit, is the police are allowed to lie to get a confession. They can tell someone they have their fingerprints, DNA, ect. at the scene of a crime in order to get a subject to reveal more information. They pretend to be all knowing and all seeing in hopes their subject does not know better.

I have found that I can get a lot of information from the police by playing along, after being burned by the legal system I have learned a thing or two. Engaging with the police properly can give one the information needed to figure out why they might be investigating someone.

I had an incident where I was being investigated for living on a boat in Inter-coastal Waterway where the city tried to enforce a bogus city law on me, that is trumped by state laws. I had my brother who looks nothing like me dress nice to act as legal council when I went to the station to tell the police the law and a copy of the state law. They tried the good cop, bad cop thing, and once I showed them the law the told me they have lawyers than can challenge it, and I would not be able to afford to fight them. I mentioned about a similar case where the boat owner successfully sued a city, then they backed off a little and told they don't really care and were being pressured by 'higher ups' to do something about me and my boat. That higher-up was the city manager, so I told him the law and he misquoted the law wrong and told me they could still enforce it and that he would call the US Coast Guard to come inspect me, at that point a laughed at him and let him know the USCG has far better things to do than inspect boats upon request. Apparently he tried to go to the FWC(state wildlife and water police), who I had already to be in contact with to get clarification on the law. Needless to say, the state police do not like being called by a demanding city manager and his conversation with the FWC made him back off.

The moral of the story is not all police are out to get you, some will ever be on your side especially if you are not doing anything inherently wrong. However, the police often are tasked with doing some 'higher-ups' dirty work, in my case it was trying to bully me into parking my sailboat somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

UH

Not Reid

Not the topic

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Finally watching this- what nonsense. Straight up bold-faced lies to the person they're interviewing- eight hours of psychological torture leading up to what will be summarized as a "confession".

"I can say,with complete honesty, that you are the only person that we've interviewed so far, that says Eric was standing beside you. You are the only person that has stuck with what Eric *hopes* six people were gonna say"
-professional interrogator dude

Duh- lock someone in a room and give them # until they tell you the lie you want them to tell you- so you can use that lie in a court of law as a fact.
Justice at its finest, eh?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I was once interrogated by state officials representing a federal task force. They can really get under your skin. The best thing to do is not to play stupid but to immortalize stupidity. "I dont know" works for kids caught with red hands....we try to get smart and end up screwing things up more.

Be honest if you can and if you are not sure then you dont know.

edit on 11 25 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

why? asking for a lawyer cannot be introduced into evidence as pertaining to guilt.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Never talk to the cops. Period. Never answer their questions. EVER!

If you haven't seen this video watch it. Don't talk to Police

Been posted many times on ATS. Nothing you say to police can help you. Everything you say to police can and will be used against you. Police are legally pretty stupid and WILL make procedural errors or leaps that the evidence cannot support..... unless YOU OPEN YOUR BIG MOUTH.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

Enh. Not really. Mistakes and errors happen, but it's a "maybe" and not a guarantee. I will agree that sometimes not saying anything at all is a good idea, but the flip side of the coin is that a person can be arrested, charged, indicted, and put in prison without ever being asked a single question or Mirandized. Conspiracy? Nope. Just don't always need to ask any questions.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Why should LEOs be bound to tell the truth at all times when the person being questioned isn't?

And how does "giving somebody #" equate to "psychological torture?"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join