It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fed Just Acknowledged Its Too Big To Jail Policy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
Gosh, I'm impressed.
Want me to copy and paste stuff too instead of contributing to a discussion?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The federal government until recently shielded big banks from criminal prosecution out of concern that convictions may damage the financial system, a top Federal Reserve official said Friday,

That phrase there says it all. Shielding big banks from criminal prosecution out of concern that convictions may damage the financial system? I guarantee you, they're all crooked, they should all fail. We should be imitating Iceland and bring them down! See my previous post on the financial institutions that failed to return funds from the government bailout. HUGE losses.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That money should have been used to bail out the American peoples homes who were shafted by the banks. Then those people would have pumped money back into the economy instead of renting from investors that are ripping them off. What kind of person thinks like you?
edit on 0201411America/Chicago2100000011Novpm11 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Gosh, I'm impressed.
Want me to copy and paste stuff too instead of contributing to a discussion?

Sorry Phage, there wasn't any room, I had to delete some of the information because of the word limit. My 2 cents worth just above. Billions of dollars not paid back. As many have stated on previous threads and posts, we need a reset. If something is too big to fail, it's already failed because checks and balances no longer exist. It's just a matter of time for many of them. Even after the generosity of the government of our tax dollars, many of the failed banks received billions and are still failing. Time to cut the strings and let them fall.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneGunMan

That money should have been used to bail out the American peoples homes who were shadted by the banks.

That's a possibility. But the banks were carrying more debt than just home mortgages.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm not saying the banking system is wonderful. People got screwed, no doubt. But the thing is, I was offered low interest, interest only, variable rate loans. My first thought was, "What? Why would I agree to that?" Yes, the marketing of those loans was unethical. Yes, the lack of proper verification of assets was unethical. Does that absolve the borrowers of any responsibility?

I entered this discussion because of the claim that interest bearing loans are somehow immoral. Do you agree with that sentiment?

edit on 11/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Why would should I loan you money (capital) which could be earning me money (investment), for free?

You don't have too but there are societies (islamic banking) that lend out money for nominee fee's but they are quickly being wiped out by ISIS (cough banker backed terrorist groups).

Profit from usury results in or the devaluation of currency (inflation) which means the public is being robbed so you and bankers can profit. So usury in itself is a leech on society that continually causes fiat to collapse into worthlessness.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Phage you are being a Philistine......

The charging of interest IS usery.........The need for capital notwithstanding....theres a better way....
Meanwhile mortgages use compound interest in the meaning of the term....
Freaking banks however don't even pay crap for interest on YOUR LOAN to them....Your damn bank account....
Which you are nearly forced to have if you want a mortgage.....
Theres all kinds of soft traps supporting the bankers usery.....

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It was a necessity for me. I have never had enough cash to purchase a home and rental rates in my locale are close enough to loan payments to make it more practical to carry the mortgage since I can write off the interest portion. My mortgage is a low cost investment which will pay off because I am increasing my equity instead of helping someone else pay off their loan.

Phage seriously?

You're to intelligent to say that you do not know the difference between a necessity and a convenience!

You just posted that it was convenient to get a bank loan, not a necessity as you claim.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

You just posted that it was convenient to get a bank loan, not a necessity as you claim.

I said it was a business decision.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Look up "gay." What do you think of when you hear the word used?

You sexy! That big ole brain gets me all riled up!

As for the OP

I'm glad they are at least starting to talk about it. Idk who should or shouldn't go to jail and if anyone should but I believe a good long look needs to be had on what transpired and if anyone had any malicious or insanely greedy intent. if so... Prosecute.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

You sexy! That big ole brain gets me all riled up!

Pardon my asking.
What is your gender?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

BTW I am glad you got your home!

Just sad the banksters will be profiting from it. ):

Imho - the bailouts kept our economic sector from making a much needed reset; our property values were artificially inflated through the bailout rather than allowing property values to fall with wages and adjusted to current market values.

edit on 22-11-2014 by AlaskanDad because: fixed typo

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Just sad the banksters will be profiting from it.
I'm not. It's a local bank and I'm making more than they are.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So how are convictions going to damage the financial system? Don't these people committing the crimes have others under them to take their place in case they die or retire? Why can't they run things while their bosses sit in jail?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It's no use, Phage.

Some people just want to borrow money free of charge.

They don't understand about inflation and depreciation. They don't realize that when they repay only the same amount they borrowed, they have actually cheated the lender out of some of the value of the loan. Or they know, but don't care.

There are plenty of things wrong with the US and global financial system but usury is not one of them.

Anyone who thinks Islamic lending is interest-free should study the principles of Islamic finance more closely.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Meanwhile mortgages use compound interest in the meaning of the term

No. They don't.
Compound interest is interest on accrued interest. With a mortgage loan there is no accrued interest, it is paid each period.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

So we have concluded that interest is a form of usury and that borrowing money is a convenience not a necessity.

We also see from the article that some bankers are unethical and criminal.

What's next a fiery debate on whether the FED is a necessity or a convenience for the 1%?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

So we have concluded that interest is a form of usury and that borrowing money is a convenience not a necessity.
No. You have concluded that.

In current usage (popular and legal) the term usury applies to excessive interest rates. If you want to revert to medieval terminology, so be it.

Whether or not one borrows money is a business decision.

edit on 11/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yes, we should prosecute! We should take lessons from Iceland and deal with these criminals. This part of your quote, that says they have not been prosecuted because of:

"...concern that convictions may damage the financial system..."

...is just ludicrous. It is THEY who are damaging the financial system, and this is the very reason they need to be held accountable and punished!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join