It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man flies Nazi flag outside home after Obama issues executive action on immigration reform

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: tavi45

Yeah through ELLIS ISLAND. Not come pouring in through a useless border like we have now. Why don't we just become Mexico and get it over with?

Ellis island wasn't around until 1892. It closed in 1954. For those of you playing at home that means Ellis island only served our nation in processing immigrants for 26% of America's history. The rest of history was generally open immigration with random shut downs and restrictions based on Americans that had been here for a few generations being angry about work and land and money being taken by the immigrants.These immigrants kept coming though because companies and the government needed workers to do jobs such as building the railroads, that American citizens by and large thought they were too good for. This sounds awfully familiar doesn't it?

1849 - Know-Nothing Party Forms and Pushes for Major Restrictions on Immigrants

"In 1849, some organized into an anti-Catholic, anti-immigrant political group famously called the 'Know-Nothings,' which derived its name from the secrecy of its members. [They] believed that native-born Americans were superior to the newly arrived immigrant groups on the basis that Irish and German immigrants tended to be poorer and Catholic, which Know-Nothings took as traits of cultural and economic backwardness."

U.S. Library of Congress (USLOC) "Teacher Guide, Primary Source Set, Immigration Challenges for New Americans," www.loc.gov (accessed June 29, 2009)
"In national politics, the Know-Nothing movement reached its climax in 1856... The KnowNothings demanded an end to pauper and criminal immigration, the repeal of state laws which permitted foreigners to vote before they had completed the naturalization process, and the repeal of Congressional land grants to unnaturalized foreigners. They opposed the 'aggressive policy and corrupting tendencies' of the Roman Catholic Church, favored filling public offices with Americans by 'birth, education, and training,' opposed exclusion of the Bible from the public schools, and advocated a 21-year residence requirement for naturalization."

immigration.procon.org...

Sound familiar? A bunch of bigoted Christian fundamentalists, who wanted the bible in school contrary to the founders vision, wanted to stop lesser peoples from corrupting our nation because they were poor and Catholic.

This sounds exactly like our current situation. The irony is that these poor, backward, foreign Catholics were German and Irish. I laugh at any of you non-Anglo Saxon whites who are backing the Republican line on immigration. Your exact historical parallel thought you were garbage

So did the country fall apart when we gave these dirty Germans and Irish citizenship? Nope, but it did fall apart shortly after due to infighting between the polarized citizens of the North and South. Are you getting this yet?

Congratulations on missing all the lessons of history. Are you looking forward to the civil war that history tells us is looming on the horizon?

(End of real thoughts here)

(Beginning of speculative hyperbole below)

Who knows? Maybe the Christian fundamentalists with pluck and faith and good old fashioned hatred will win this time? I bet most of them are dying for this fight. They have been saying "the south will rise again" for over 150 years now.

So good luck guys with that civil war are begging for. I'm sure your rifles and handguns will do very well against the ultra militarized police and the worlds most powerful military.

A former aide to President Ronald Reagan is calling for southern states to secede from the union and form a new conservative nation called "Reagan" where citizens wouldn't be forced to compromise on "traditional values" like marriage.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

Do you think you'll win this time? Maybe Russia will help you. They hate gays and the American government. Maybe China or Iran or North Korea or Uganda or Pakistan will help. But you guys despise them. Then again once you've betrayed the nation again you might welcome these allies as the brothers in arms they've been all along.

Who knows? Maybe most of America is on your side after all and you'll finally win. Good luck trying to piece the country together after a devastating civil war. I'm sure all of the nations across the world we've screwed over and over for decades will leave you alone or even help you. Hahahaha yep definitely.

So as you continue to deny history while screaming to return to a past that exists only in your idealistic minds be prepared. The destruction of America so desired by TPTB will be at the hands of the ones who claim to be patriots and their traitorous leaders.

The grand experiment in liberalism, freedom, progress, and democracy will finally be over. The founding father's legacy will finally be destroyed once and for all. The chance for America to lead the world into a utopia of peaceful, productive global cooperation will be as dust on the wind.

So remember one thing as you deny rights to Americans who aren't like you and bemoan the dictator Obama and do nothing but hold back progress with your hatred and anger, all while holding the bible and the constitution as your, banner, shield, and weapon.

Remember that you missed the point. If you learned history you could have learned not to repeat the same mistakes of your ancestors. If you learned from the bible and Jesus you'd know love, forgiveness, tolerance, and compassion are the path to salvation. If you learned from the constitution you'd know that liberty and freedom are the goal not just for you but for all people, even illegal immigrants or whoever else. America is everyone here, absolutely everyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

Nice one! As much as I don't like Nazi's or their point of view, government quelling their opinions scare me more.

Now back on topic: I stand behind the guy 100%. If Obama is going to act like a fuhrer, why not fly an appropriate flag?

Heil Obama! (Shudders!)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
a reply to: rbkruspe

"It is amazing how people react when Obama does anything."

Perhaps because Obama takes his lesson from the NAZI play book?

Peace

Would this be the same playbook that the Republican Presidents who did the same thing use?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink
a reply to: intrepid

yeah i think youve got the wrong thread buddy.
this thread is about an Ahole issue not a first amendment issue.

keep up the rhetoric though it makes you seem completely unbiased.

Actually it is a first amendment issue. This guy was using that flag to express his opinion of how Obama is running this country.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: wilhelmina

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Metallicus

As much as I support his freedom to do what he wants on his property I don't think hanging a swastika (at least with Nazi connotations) is the best way to express his feelings about this situation.

It's surprisingly not hard to find that kind of stuff. Some punk sites sell nazi merch to the rebellious youngsters who think they're being obnoxious or racist lol.

He should have just taken the American flag and hung it up side down....this country is truly in distress

He would have received a ticket had he done that. You just can't hang a flag upside down because you get your knickers in a bunch over something the President did.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

According to you,they didn't think I was garbage. Since my family are American Indians.I don't know where you get that we 'hate' anyone.That is not the issue.I guess some do hate and whatever,people are gonna feel how they feel I guess. I am not against immigration,I just believe that our LAWS need to be upheld on it.Not keep changing them.And as for as companies with that old line of "well the people here don't want to do the job,so we'll bring in foreigners to do it." Yeah,I know people that would gladly do those jobs,but they won't hire them. They want people they can pay a pittance too. Same ole same ole. And no one is denying rights to Americans that aren't like us. illegal immigrates aren't Americans.They need to apply for citizenship and get green cards like others. If we don't follow our own laws,then why even have them? We can live in a lawless society like back in the old west. Yeah those were the days. You could shot over anything back then.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Let's create a slanted history of America then blame some bigoted evil Christians for all the worlds ills. This is typical of your inane arguments.

Regardless of how much you repeat your lies these people are coming to America ILLEGALLY and the people you are talking about weren't breaking the law. Just because we used to have open immigration doesn't mean we do now. These people are CRIMINALS and an insult to all of the legal immigrants we have in this country that follow the rules.

Try crossing into other countries without obeying their immigration laws and see how that works for you. People don't take kindly to having their country invaded. SMH.

edit on 2014/11/22 by Metallicus because: Added paragraphs

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
WW2 reenactors use this stuff for their kit; the guy might be a reenactor

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I have a Nazi flag a real one not a replica, a Nazi pin, and a stormtrooper hat. And a belt buckle.

They belonged to my grandfather who was in the Nazi army but after 1 year into war he defected to US bringing my grandmother with him.

He was granted full US citizenship for him and his wife in return for base locations and info.

He became a prison guard in Florida and was the guard that brought death row inmates to the chair "old sparky"

I am sleeping on a wrought iron single bed the inmates made for him as he was a friend of the general population after he transferred out of death row.

Very tall 6'5" and slim. But died before I was born.

His diary, and Nazi uniform, medals , clasps, buckles, and flag that flew at his home were handed down to me as I am the first born son of his youngest daughter. His older daughters only had daughters and his will requested his items be handed down to his first born grandson.

Its a bit eery but interesting. His journal is fascinating from his early days in the Nazi army, he wasn't political but was happy the Nazis ended the recession and people finally had food. But after war began he started not agreeing with the ideology, he never mentioned Jews, just he didn't agree with the invasions of the other countries for no good reason but warmongering

That's when he and my grandmother snuck out and with a couple suitcases and left. He was surprised he was allowed to keep everything.

So in my closet in a chest I have authentic Nazi flag and uniform parts.

But its family heirloom I will give to my son when I pass.

edit on 11/23/2014 by Cito because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Whatever happened to yelling at the tv for a minute or two then stepping out back for some fresh air and a beer to cool off? I don't get the connection, I think he was just being a jerk.

Well. When your overbearing government are creating unjust laws and making decisions that isn't in the best interest of the people they govern, what good does shouting at the TV do?

While flying a nazi flag probably doesn't do much good either at least he got up from his sofa and made his feelings known.

The connection I think is that he is calling the US government Nazis. I don't for a second think he is flying that flag in promotion of Nazis. I dont think he is being a jerk. I think he just made a bad judgment and did something stupid with the best intentions.

I think you're making an unfair judgment. At least we know where you'd be should the US population revolt. Shouting at your TV.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

A ticket for what? It's not a crime to fly the flag upside down.

Hell, many of us on this site flew our flags upside down during the last government shutdown and we had huge support! Nothing wrong with voicing your displeasure.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's history. I'm presenting it from my worldview but the facts are the facts. Feel free to ignore the lessons of history. It's very American to think history is meaningless.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Plenty of people believe that anything they don't like is automatically wrong and a crime. It's the way "modern America" has become. "Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a crime."

There is no law being broken, either by flying the U.S. flag upside down, or flying a Nazi flag outside your home.
edit on 23-11-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Come on.

Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that the guy protested people invading and occupying his country illegally by hanging the flag of a country that invaded and occupied countries illegally?

No one?

You guys have no sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

We should all be distressed when any President circumvents the Constitutional separation of powe

He is in charge of the Executive branch, so he think he can't do anything with the agencies he runs?!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
Glad I live in a country which has forbidden that crap, there`s no need to have that kind of freedom.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

I was serious.

We have freedom of speech, only not about Nazi stuff and being outright racist. No problem in talking about it, but raising Nazi style right hand, praise Hitler like in the old days and displaying Nazi items in public is forbidden. You can discuss all you want and protest in countless other ways without a problem.

On the other hand we don`t bleep words on television, and there are other things like abortions, euthanasia, weed, etc. which we have more freedom on as to America.

So I can live without those few things, as long as it`s not forbidden to discuss about it. It doesn`t clamp down on free speech at all having does things forbidden.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Yeah, people like to talk about how "free" we are in the United States, but they don't like to hear about how much freer many other countries are. I mean, we have more people locked up in prison than anyone else in the history of the world.

Now THAT'S some freedom!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

They're right where they belong.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

So it a nutshell you are free to do all the things you are allowed to do, while Americans are less free because we cannot do things we are not allowed to do. Does that make sense?

You can smoke weed and cuss on TV but you can't display a "close combat badge" from a military that was defeated 70 years ago.

We can cuss on TV and display the badge, but weed will get us a fine (unless we are trafficking).

Nobody is free unless they are rich
then the laws do not apply regardless of nationality or country of origin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join