It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious signals from lone, unidentifiable whale tracked for 12yrs(mutant?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Researchers using sensitive data from the navy have, since 1992, been tracking a mysterious whale that makes songs that resemble no others:

"The partially declassified records show that a lone whale singing at around 52 hertz has cruised the ocean every autumn and winter since 1992. Its calls do not match those of any known species, although they are clearly those of a baleen whale, a group that includes blue, fin and humpback whales."
www.newscientist.com...

Though whales, as a whole, are not 'cryptids'... this individual is because its means of communication appear to be radically different from all others in its genus. Drastic changes in communication styles, within a species or individual, often indicate that major changes have occured within the brain(s) of that species or individual.

So... have these scientists discovered a mutant whale???

[edit on 11-12-2004 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Now this is really intresting indeed. This has really got me thinking

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
There is already a discussion on this whale here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

its interesting, you should jump in there.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
my guess is it isnt a mutant but a new species or it has evolved because their that "chupacabra" dog thing im saying its a dog or an evolution not seen before anything can happen and everyone on this website knows it.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roberto Flores
my guess is it isnt a mutant but a new species or it has evolved because their that "chupacabra" dog thing im saying its a dog or an evolution not seen before anything can happen and everyone on this website knows it.

I have no idea what you just said

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
if it was a new species then it would be all alone.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It seams to BE all alone.
Maybe it was just born with a messed up vocal box???? I bet they who track it would LOVE to actually SEE it, to see if it is indeed a mutant, or just has comunication problems......

[edit on 12-3-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

join