It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would We Live On Mars?.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Do you think that we would have people living on a foreign planet by now if all countries invested more into their space programs?

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Dragonrider, this synchronicity is just killing me!

Yes, I definitely believe that there is technology available to have people living in extraterrestrial environments. In terms of Mars, you'd probably be better off using the pre-existing structures and just supply an internal atmosphere (kind of like our deep sea environments do). Don't forget about the dark side of the moon, either.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
From a technical/engineering standpoint, we have had the technology to survive on the moon and mars for decades now, at least since the 1960s.

All I can say is dont assume that we havent already done so....

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
oh yeah, lol.

But why doesn't the United States,or any other country for that matter, have people living on foreign planets?

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   

But why doesn't the United States,or any other country for that matter, have people living on foreign planets?

Probably because Mars is far too dangerous to explore, considering all of those missions that have mysteriously disappeared. Phobos 2 even caught a snapshot of the "anomaly".. guess what, it looked like a UFO.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've once read in a book about ufo's and outer-space and such, that by the year 2080 we would have the technology to drop special alges in the atmosphere of Venus and by doing so create an atmosphere that could sustain human life.The clouds would condense into rain and by opening the skies the planet surface would cool down.I believe we have the technology to do so, but some people with telescopes might find it strange then that Venus doesn't have a lot of clouds anymore.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10

Originally posted by dragonrider
oh yeah, lol.

How would you know if they did have people on other planets?
You can't go up and see for yourself, can you?
If other nations like Russia or China would know that the USA has a mars base or any other planet, don't you think that they would want their piece of the cake?

[Edited on 2-6-2003 by Teknoman]

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what the Beagle lander comes back with.
It's due to leave Earth in the next 30 minutes for Mars. From what I can see it is the best chance we have had so far for determining wether there was or is life on Mars.
It could also be seen as a footstep on the way to colonization.

It's pretty conicidental that after travelling 250 million miles, it's due to land on Mars on Christmas Day.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Anyone care to make a non-monetary bet that it will actually make it this time?

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If other nations like Russia or China would know that the USA has a mars base or any other planet, don't you think that they would want their piece of the cake? Posted by teknoman

Who says that its not an international cooperative event, conducted below the public radar?

Things are not as they seem...

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Anyone care to make a non-monetary bet that it will actually make it this time?

If it DOES make it, I would wage real money that it WAS filmed in a studio (or more likely CGI)

top topics

join