It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHS contemplating rule allowing them to choose your Obamacare plan for you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It seems now that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services wants to somehow come up with a plan to allow *Them* to select a health insurance plan level for you.

Looks like an effort to counter the ultra high rising costs of policies that people are screaming about.

I think it has to do with renewals?

They have published a 300+ page "proposal".

HHS is a Cabinet Department of the Executive Branch controlled mostly by the President.

Hmmm.

What's the hidden agenda with this deal I wonder?

Here’s a Friday Obamacare news-dump for you: In a 300-page regulatory proposal released late this afternoon, the Department of Health and Human Services announced that it is considering changing Obamacare’s auto-renewal rules so that, within the health law’s exchanges, instead of being automatically renewed into your current health plan, you’d be moved into the lowest cost plan from the same service tier.

Essentially, this is insurance-determination-via-bureaucracy: Reason argues that the goal here is to cut down embarrassing premium hikes to policies without having to turn off the imposition of auto-renewal rules… OK, let me back up here. Obamacare currently has auto-renewal enabled on its policies, because without it the signup and membership rate would probably slow, or even decrease. The problem here is that auto-renewal also means lots and lots of future stories about people signing up for policies and suddenly discovering that their rates have gone through the roof. Ostensibly the idea to prevent that is to expect consumers to change policies every year – trust a bureaucrat to think that this would be a thing that people would cheerfully do* – and if they won’t do it on their own, well, let the benevolent hand of HHS do it for them**. What could possibly go wrong?

HHS contemplating rule allowing them to choose your Obamacare plan for you

Look Before You Leap !!

"Bureaucrats" Get Real Possessive Sometimes !!!

Like They Want to *OWN* You

edit on Nov-22-2014 by xuenchen because:
:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's one way to force the abysmal numbers up isn't it!!!!

Bottom line, if people don't have the money to pay the outrageous premiums, just how in the hell do they plan on enforcing it? IRS? pffffft, that agency should be walking on egg shells for the moment!

Also, isn't it funny that the biggest fans of the ACA are the insurance companies themselves?

Damn, the two party system certainly seems to be trying really hard to show the voters that they are both sellouts to the corporations aren't they?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Part of the problem might be that people will get behind on policy payments and deductibles.

Many will be in a quandary if they get cancelled.

People will throw their hands up in disgust.

Now they will get billed from somebody else.

Simple solution eh?

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the "affordable" in the affordable care act...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
wait so, they aren`t happy with forcing us to buy healthcare now they want the authority to pick which plan we have to buy and make us pay for it?
Imagine if the government picked which vehicle you had to buy and made you pay for it.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wonder which policy they'd choose for Jonathan Gruber!
edit on 22-11-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Wonder which policy they'd choose for Jonathan Gruber!

It would have to be the "Stupidest" plan that exists !!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
wait so, they aren`t happy with forcing us to buy healthcare now they want the authority to pick which plan we have to buy and make us pay for it?
Imagine if the government picked which vehicle you had to buy and made you pay for it.

For heaven's sake, don't be talkin' like that and giving them ideas. This "driver-less car" thing makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up...just like the first talk of being forced to buy health care insurance did....when I was told that it could never happen...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you like the plan we pick for you, you can keep it. If you don't like it, you get to keep it anyway.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to choose.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Weird that they would want to pick our plans for us now...
Seems like only yesterday that we could keep our doctor we we liked him.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Its 'Obamacare', not 'Yourcare'.

Of course they want all the control, its part of the evolution of the dictatorship you voted for...or did they not count your vote...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

instead of being automatically renewed into your current health plan, you’d be moved into the lowest cost plan from the same service tier.

Really sounds like they are rounding up the herds into larger groups but fewer pens to flock to, certainly closer to a single payer system, just not quite there yet. First the lower cost plans within the same service tier, then less tiers, less plans. I figure by the end of Obama's term, with options like these being enforced, single payer will be operating in full swing or close to it.

Will he get this done before the new players are seated? Because seriously, in these two months between election and the new members, it appears he will get more accomplished than his whole first 2 years in office.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

Basically, Instead if giving you a Cadillac, the give you a Yugo and charge you more than what your were paying before.
Interesting plan.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Okay, I've read through to page 38, the proposal is full of this crap, 3 different snipets:

The regulations outlined in this proposed rule would be codified in 45 CFR parts 144,
146, 147, 148, 153, 154, 155, 156 and 158. The proposed regulations in parts 144 propose a
revised definition of the term “plan” and amendments relating to the definition of “State” for
purposes of the group and individual market reforms added by the Affordable Care Act.

Finally, we propose to update the cross-reference in §147.104(b)(1)(i)(C) to refer to
§155.725 rather than §155.725(a)(2), to conform with proposed amendments in §155.725
described later in this preamble.

We propose to codify that interpretation by
amending the guaranteed renewability regulations at §146.152(c)(2), §147.106(c)(2), and
§148.122(d)(2).

It's more of that transparency we were promised. This is a joke. I wonder how much Jonathan Gruber helped with this confounding piece of crap.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

How many times is Obama going to change his law????????????(??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That's how many...

Point #2 is the State exchanges are supposed to follow, but have some ley-way on implementation. Now they have less with this "proposal"??????????????????????????

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Makes no sense.....it's like they're going to put everyone on one plan....and then call it single payer

It won't work though as they need all those "rich" folks to cough up their big premiums.....to make the insurers richer.

And, oddly, my state is offering more plans this year....regional networks....the one I will probably go with has a network of a certain number of counties in my state.
edit on Sat Nov 22 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's ALL about the numbers. They don't want people to recognize the truth that premiums are going to increase big time. So:

You have a platinum plan. It costs $600/month. At renewal, the new premium is $800, a 33% increase. HHS, not wanting their lies to show, "renews" you into a bronze plan at $600/month. See? No increase in the renewal premium.

You change back to your original choice, the platinum plan, but that increase won't show up as part of the "automatic renewal", it'll be a change in plan. Numbers, folks. It's all about the numbers.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mountainmeg

No. This would not be doing that.

Let's say you have a mid-tier Silver level plan. You spend $300 a month. At renewal time you may notice you now only pay $290 a month, it would seem like costs went down. The problem is that you are no longer in your $300/month plan, you got put in the lowest cost plan for your tier (Silver). Unless you know you got switched, you would never change anything until you got hurt and had to use it, at which point it's too late.

For the 1% of Americans that understand, they would see their Silver plan that was $300 is not $350, so 1% of the country realizes costs went up, and the other 99% think they went down, when they did not.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I know why.....Many.....Many people are not paying. They take out the highest coverage and use it like a rock star and than never pay. Doctors and the government are left paying the tab.

What did they think would happen......This is planned.......It really is. They want the people to cry and beg for change and then they will give us some real change.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

And worse if that is true.....you may no longer have Blue Cross.....you may now have an HMO , or worse, your doctors are not in the plan they chose for you.....this is just wrong on SO MANY levels.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join