It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost in my Friends Bar. (pics)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I went down to Florida for a few weeks to visit and catch up with old friends. I use to own a bar there and got to talking to another friend of mine that owned a bar as well.

I started telling her how one of my bartenders would sometimes leave abruptly after closing and leave the clean up for the following day because the piano we had use to start playing. Now this piano was mine which we had bought because the person that used to own it was a patron of ours that had passed away. I stayed many times after hours myself and though I never heard the piano play, other kinds of things did go on. One example, you could hear someone walking up and down the slates behind the bar and of course no one was there.

Anyhow, she started telling me about how her bar was haunted as well. Said she even had pictures. Now this was before the digital age of cell phone pictures. I believe she said she took them with a Polaroid, but don't quote me on that. She did say she still had the originals and did at one point and time have them looked over by a professional that couldn't explain what might have occurred.

I asked her to send me them and that I would bring them here for you to look at them to see what the ATS community thought of them.

They were all taken on the same night in a short period of time. I believe she said not all of them had these anomalies that the three below had. In other words the rest were normal photos.

The first one she took was when she was taking pictures of the fire place:

The second one was when she tried to take a picture of her friend by the fire place. It almost reminds me of someone sticking their boot up into the picture.

Now it is the third one that has really intrigued me and what really prompted me to bring these to your attention. Not only does it really look like someone sitting on the bar stool, it almost looks like they may be wearing boots? I could be wrong about that part, but to me that is a pretty good form of some sort sitting there.

So, thats it, what do you think my fellow ATS'ers?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
sounds like business is slow

edit: ok ok...idk it almost looks too thick..like its a phyiscal object next to the lens
edit on 22-11-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In the last pic on the table...

On the right you can see that a cigarette is burning.

Guessing Smoke.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I asked her to send me them and that I would bring them here for you to look at them to see what the ATS community thought of them.

You don't mean the originals right? So you never did see the polaroids? it would be very interesting pictures if you could be sure, people always seem to be using these things to drum up business now, a lot of people like to go drink in a "haunted" place it seems.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
In the last pic on the table...

On the right you can see that a cigarette is burning.

Guessing Smoke.

I see a ashtray on a table but nothing burning in it. Also neither of these ladies smoke and they were the only ones there.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I appreciate what you are saying. No, I did not see the original Polaroids, but apparently these pictures are pictures of them. She went home and took these pictures of them to send to me.

As far as the drumming up of business, she hasnt owned the bar in years. We were just trading old memories of when we both did. So, that wouldnt really be a issue now.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
I agree looks like smoke

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Take this as you will, I make no claim as to the origin of the phenomenon I am about to describe.

This looks very similar to pictures that were taken by me almost 2 decades ago in Bath, MI, when we were doing some "ghost hunting" (Ah, the folly of youth). They were captured on film, digital, and electromagnetic tape (VCR camcorder). It was Halloween, at dusk, and it was chilly.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I could agree with the looks like smoke except that I know neither one of the ladies there smoke, and if it wasnt for the last picture, I probably wouldnt have put to much thought into it.

I just dont see how smoke could outline such a figure sitting on a bar stool. Besides, the first two pictures are pretty solid lines and dont seem to be acting like smokes as far as being in strands and rising. The third one maybe, but still doesnt explain the figure on the bar stool. Not to me anyway.

AgentShillington, I believe you, as I have seen this same kind of things in pictures I took years ago. I just didnt capture such a well formed apparition for lack of something better to call it.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Pretty cool photos, onehuman, whatever they are of...

I agree about the one on the barstool. If it IS just smoke (that one) then it is fairly coincidental IMO.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If the Polaroids do depict the paranormal - then the substance seen in the photos are called ectoplasm.

Who ya gonna call?

Here are a few other photos, that supposedly depict ghosts appearing as a smokey mass...

In the very first photo, I can see the face in the mass even.

CdT
edit on 22-11-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: eta

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Also, the last Polaroid you posted onehuman, where it was pointed out that it looks like a smoke ghost sitting at the bar with it's legs crossed?

Pareidolia or Paranormal? I choose to suspect the latter.

CdT
edit on 22-11-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: clarification.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

First two pics don't look like anything conclusive one way or the other to me.

That last one looks like somebody at the bar with their leg up, like they're just hanging out. Awesome!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth
Yeah, I have to agree. The first two pictures I was just sort of meh, but I sure sat upright real fast when I saw the third one. I didnt have to look hard at all to "see" something there. It was just there rather blatantly.

Trust me, Ive been on this site to long now to just bother bringing something that I didnt think would be worth it. lol The abuse one has to go through sometimes isnt worth it.

Also I agree on the ectoplasm, this is something I have heard of on many occasions. Though I have heard that light is suppose to destroy it and Im pretty sure they had the lights on in the bar to take pictures. It isnt like they had set out to "Ghost Hunt." It just wasnt a thing to do back then.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

That reminds me of those Polaroid Aura camera images ,
( a scam : it had lights inside which fogged the film ).

An accidental light-leak on a Polaroid camera could produce something similar.
edit on 22-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Casper, is that you..?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

I could even go with that if this had been the only picture that was taken and the only one I had posted. It still doesnt explain to me the figure on the bar stool in the third picture.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: engvbany
... It still doesnt explain to me the figure on the bar stool in the third picture.

I'm just getting a blurred side-lit Davros

[ see ... wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia ]
edit on 22-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In the picture I posted of the smoke resembles the 3rd picture you posted. Near the bottom right of the picture I posted (where it appears the smoke originated from) looks like crossed legs also.
edit on 22-11-2014 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Wouldn't say smoke. More so, de bunking wise of paranormal, an close to lense artifact. Paranormal wise, it's as almost to say the "mist" is trying to and has in the 2nd pic, manifested.

originally posted by: engvbany

That reminds me of those Polaroid Aura camera images ,
( a scam : it had lights inside which fogged the film ).

An accidental light-leak on a Polaroid camera could produce something similar.

Could be just that but regardless of what it is for a sec, pretty cool pic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join