It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal 2016 poll: Elizabeth Warren beating Clinton by double digits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It just doesn't have the same "sting" as when one insults women...

It wouldn't work for all women. Take Mother Theresa or Clara Barton as a quick pair of examples.
The list is long.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

HEY THAT'S SEXISTS BUDDY!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: mOjOm

don't consider Warren to be an idiot though. She's actually a very intelligent and capable woman and formal Law Professor

Native American too.
Or has she backed off of that claim?

I'm not aware of that claim. I guess I'll have to get back to you on that.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Elizabeth Warren .. the fake American Indian ... who uses her law credentials to back big business against the people who they have injured. She's a big business lawyer who claims to care about regular people, and yet the exact opposite is true. I'd take Hillary over her any day.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

I find it sad that our current system exempts the other parties from presidential debates; I would love to see Sanders elected as an independent rather than a D.

It's more than sad IMO. You might even go so far as to call it treason.

What happened to Paul was a scandal if there ever was one. The media blackout on him was absolutely insane and pervasive. It not only proved every theory about the political system being corrupted but the media corruption as well. They didn't just try some dirty tricks with Paul, they flat out blackballed his ass right out of public awareness. Crazy stuff.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's interesting you say that because that is the complete opposite of what I'm hearing. Why do you say that??? Where are you getting your data from???

Because if you're right about that I'd like to know before I tattoo that picture of her on my chest next to the American Flag!!!

No, but seriously, what's your evidence for that really so I can inform myself???

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

In April 2012, the Boston Herald drew attention to Warren's law directory entries from 1986 to 1995, in which she had self-identified as having Native American ancestry.[55][56] Because of these entries, Harvard Law School had added her to a list of minority professors in response to criticisms about a lack of faculty diversity. Warren said that she was unaware that Harvard had done so until she read about it in a newspaper.[57][58][59] According to Warren and her brothers, they grew up "listening to our mother and grandmother and other relatives talk about our family’s Cherokee and Delaware heritage".[60][61][62][63] The New England Historical Genealogical Society found no documentary proof of Warren having Native American lineage,[61][64] but a spokesperson from the Oklahoma Historical Society said "finding a definitive answer about Native American heritage can be difficult, not only because of intermarriage, but also because some Native Americans opted not to be put on federal rolls, while others who were not Native American did put their names on rolls to get access to land."[65] Her ethnicity claims became the focus of the media's election coverage for a certain time, during which her opponents bought ads asking her for explanations and to "come clean about her motivations" and some members of the Cherokee Nation asked how her claim influenced universities interested in hiring her.[55] Colleagues and supervisors at the schools where she had worked publicly supported her statement that she did not receive preferential treatment.[58][59][61] In polls, 72% of voters said the issue would not impact their vote in the election.

wikipedia

Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown and challenger Elizabeth Warren are accusing each other of “not telling the truth.” Brown says Warren worked to “restrict payments” to asbestos victims, while Warren says she worked to “get more money” for them. We find Warren is correct; Brown’s ad is a distortion.

It may seem counter-intuitive that Warren’s work on behalf of an insurance company that covered an asbestos manufacturer could be work on the same side as the victims of the case. But Warren was brought in as a bankruptcy expert on a case before the Supreme Court to secure a $500 million trust to pay asbestos victims. As part of a settlement that Warren worked to preserve, the insurance company sought immunity from lawsuits in exchange for releasing the $500 million trust. Attorneys for most of the asbestos victims supported Warren’s efforts.

Fact Check

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What have you got on Warren? Though she often speaks a good game there's just something about her that looks disingenuous.

Maybe not, but my gut doesn’t trust her.

Hillary we know is snake, though at least we know that.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Maybe Wizard would be more akin?

/snap

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: butcherguy

No witches are evil. I'm not being PC... you're choosing to be deliberately offensive.

Darnit! I wanted to be the one that was deliberately offensive.

Making thin-skinned people angry is such fun.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

When people knock Warren they aren't knocking her but the D attached to her.

Right. People couldn't possibly disagree with anything she says.

Typical liberal drivel. You can't disagree with Obama...you must be racist.

edit on 2014/11/22 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm not angry or even bothered. I was just clarifying in case he wasn't aware and for others who may not be aware.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

If Liz gets any more power, somebody will publish the goods.

He has some baggage.

It's buried deep for now.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Strange your post is;

is that baggage you mention green?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
This may be the first time Poll Data reflected some actual Intelligence coming from the populace. IMO a Warren/Sanders team might be the only chance to get this nation back to helping people rather than the Corporate Billionaire Aristocracy.

MA is arguably the most corrupt state in the country, and they favor the "aristocracy" and big business which is why they are one of the lowest rated for business tax climate (they were talking about fixing this maybe they did). They give mega-corps huge tax breaks (when I lived there all of Walmart throughout the entire state only paid $300 a year in taxes, less than me while I worked part time as a student).

They also have a long history of corruption in other areas, look up toll workers and you will get a small glimpse.

They have even ignored bills that were voted on and passed, ignored as in they just pretended it never happened and refused to discuss it or implement it. (It was a tax bill and they did not want to lower taxes, less money for them to steal)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think Elizabeth Warren would make a wonderful Presidential candidate.

At this stage I would say that Hillary will select Warren as her VP pick in order to shore up her party's liberal base on election day 2016. I don't mind Warren so far as left wing politician's go.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Those business' she went to court for include Kaiser Aluminum; Dow Chemical; United States Gypsum Corporation; and North American Refractories Company to name just a few.

Warren Lies and Screw Ups

Warren’s claim to fame, which made her the darling of proglodytes, is as a champion of the underdog against avaricious corporations. In the debate, Brown cast doubt on this image when he questioned Warren’s decision to represent Travelers Insurance in its 2009 attempt to avoid paying compensation to thousands of workers with asbestos poisoning. Warren insisted that by representing Travelers (“it was an insurance company versus another insurance company” she later explained), she actually helped the poisoned workers by getting Travelers to set up a trust fund, which was better than nothing. The settlement was later negated by the Supreme Court, leaving the victims with nothing.

Less clear is how Warren was aiding the downtrodden when she represented LTV Steel in 1995, when they attempted to renege on health & pension benefits to thousands of retired coal miners.

Warren has also served, in an advisory or litigating capacity, the following clients in their attempts to use Chapter 11 legalities to avoid liabilities for asbestos poisoning: Kaiser Aluminum; Dow Chemical; Johns Manville; National Gypsum; Fuller Austin; Fairchild Aviation; Piper Aircraft; Babcock & Wilcox Company; Pittsburgh Coming Corporation; Owens Coming Corporation; Armstrong World Industries, Inc.; W.R. Grace & Company; G-1 Holdings, Inc.; United States Gypsum Corporation; Federal-Mogul Global, Inc.; North American Refractories Company

Her Bar status was inactive in Texas and yet she claimed it to be active.
She resigned from the New Jersey bar suddenly and without explanation.
She's been practicing law in Massachussetts without a license. She calls it 'dabbling'.

Elizabeth Warren Massachusetts Bar Controversy

In September 2012, it was revealed that despite rendering legal services from her offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts using her law school address since sometime in the mid-1990s, Warren was not licensed to practice law in Massachusetts.[1]

Warren refused to disclose[2] the full extent of her private law practice when asked by The Boston Globe. A list of cases later produced by Warren to The Boston Globe shortly before a Senatorial debate was incomplete.[3]

As of 2002, Warren had at least 10 private legal matters[4] and charged $675 per hour.[5] Research revealed that there were at least 22 court cases in which Warren represented clients from her office in Massachusetts.

Warren listed her Massachusetts office as her “primary practice location” in her registration with the Texas Bar.[6] In an interview with a local radio station, Warren acknowledged that she was not licensed in Massachusetts and stated that the did not practice law in Massachusetts.

Cherokee Genealogist to Elizabeth Warren - Your Native American Issue Has Not Been Put To Rest
His Quote -

You say your “ancestry” played no roll in your hiring. That is not the only issue. You were listed as a minority in diversity reports. That is an issue. You admit you made the schools aware of your “heritage.” They counted you as a minority in their reports to the federal government when the criteria to list you as such had a two part requirement – you had to have both the ancestry and maintain tribal ties. Something you did or said led the two schools in question to believe you met those requirements despite the fact you didn’t….

You continue to skate around the issue by repeating the same story you heard growing up. You say you didn’t ask for documentation because you were a child. Excuse me, but you were not a child when you started “checking the box”; listing yourself in law directories as a minority; or were counted as a Native American for diversity reports.

You were instead, an adult, 37 years old, and a lawyer, when you professionally “became” Native American. To make matters worse, your mother was still alive. Maybe children don’t ask for documentation, but adult lawyers should….

As of today, you still refuse to release your personnel records from the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard Law School. If there is nothing to hide, why? …

She also lied about her parents saying they were 'forced to elope' because her mother was native american indian. That lie was debunked. Warren never explained herself properly for this lie -

"Eloped" Elizabeth Warren Parents Married in Religious Ceremony

If I had to have a choice between Hillary and Elizabeth, I'd take Hillary.
If I had to vote for a democratic ticket, I'd take Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh

edit on 11/23/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
If I had to have a choice between Hillary and Elizabeth, I'd take Hillary.
If I had to vote for a democratic ticket, I'd take Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh

Luckily neither you nor I have to. The only problem is in an election that is sure to be filled with bad choices, will there be a good choice?

TheLaughingGod

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Seriously, aren't you Americans tired of the two party tyranny yet? Haven't they proved their inefficacy time after time?

You think the corporations and their masters will enthrone anyone that is willing to challenge the status quo?

So tired of seeing this tired paradigm being perpetuated, on ATS none less.

Kali74

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I see you removed your Boston Globe source. Is it because it doesn't support the narrative you thought it did? Because further in the article past the part you quoted was this:

Travelers was fighting to gain permanent immunity from asbestos-related lawsuits by establishing a $500 million trust. The trust would have been divided among current and future victims of asbestos poisoning who had claims against the nation’s largest asbestos manufacturer, Johns-Manville, which had been insured by Travelers before it went bankrupt.

Travelers won most of what it wanted from the Supreme Court, and in doing so Warren helped preserve an element of bankruptcy law that ensured that victims of large-scale corporate malfeasance would have a better chance of getting compensated, even when the responsible companies go bankrupt.

But after Warren left the case, it continued to twist and turn through the legal system, leaving a result that has been disastrous for asbestos victims. Travelers, in part because of its Supreme Court victory, has held onto its immunity from most lawsuits. But a ruling on Feb. 29 in a separate court has taken the company off the hook for paying out the $500 million settlement.

Boston Globe

So yes she did represent Johns-Manville an asbestos manufacturer BUT it was against Travelers Insurance which held the trust for victims that had gotten sick from working with asbestos. Her sole role in the case was to preserve that trust when Travelers Insurance filed bankruptcy and sought to nullify all their pay outs.

Interestingly enough the same source you edited out also linked to a story proving Warren's heritage claims as true.

A record unearthed Monday shows that US Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren has a great-great-great grandmother listed in an 1894 document as a Cherokee, said a genealogist at the New England Historic and Genealogy Society.

Snip...

Chris Child, a genealogist at the New England Historic and Genealogy Society, said he began digging into Warren’s family history on Thursday, when media interest emerged.

At first, he found no link between Warren’s family and Native Americans in her native Oklahoma.

But Monday afternoon, he said, he discovered a few links. Warren’s great-great-great grandmother, O.C. Sarah Smith, is listed on her son’s 1894 application for a marriage license as a Cherokee.

Child also found that Warren’s great-grandfather, John Houston Crawford, had lived in Native American territory, but identified himself as white in a 1900 census.

Child cautioned that the search for ancestry often takes a long time and that more information could still emerge as he continues to research the issue.

The Boston Globe

And as numerous people that she worked with and studied under have stated on the record as saying... she never used her heritage to gain a job nor get into a school. Turns out she could have.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join