It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to spot a psychopath

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
david-paris.blogspot.nl...
The Joan Crawford pic. I know her daughter wrote that she was a terrible person, but even before that I didn't like those eyes of hers.

www.irishexaminer.com... MAureen O'Hara.
NOW, this is to illustrate the glass eye effect ok? Don't know this woman! She's still alive though at age 94.
edit on 9-12-2014 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A lot of people seem to assume a psychopath is a criminal or evil.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Well then pray tell what you think of the p's.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

Well then pray tell what you think of the p's.

I think that they are a product of environment, family and situations etc.

Not being hugged enough, or having to steal to eat or living rough or abusive parents i dont know, i dont think they are born that way. Dont compared siblings either, no one gets bought up EXACTLY the same way - though a study on psychopathtwins might be interesting!

If you suspect somone is a psychopath, then yes distance yourself so you dont get taken in and taken advantage off, the same goes for a greedy, needy or jelous person - just types of people. Selfless unemotional psychopath are just people.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

I knew of a psychopath that once ran into a subway sucker punched some guy and then ran away.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17
a reply to: Nechash

I did just that, only a saint looking back.

but see, a psychopath WOULD say that...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

MRI scans show that their brains simply don't work the same, now p genes are discovered. They are not just people, in order to be decent you have to care. They care only about their own desires what ever they may be.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

How did you know this person was a p?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Forgot, the not being hugged and so on leads to RAD, not psychopathy and is curable to a certain degree.
Sermon over

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

MRI scans show that their brains simply don't work the same, now p genes are discovered. They are not just people, in order to be decent you have to care. They care only about their own desires what ever they may be.

Might the scans showing that be due to different parts of the brain being used more or less - acting like a muscle. The psychopath brains are going to look different because they have been trained or exercised in a different way, the same way a body builder compares physically to a non body builder.

Show me scans comparing people before they were diagnosed and you have a point, after the fact is misleading.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Mirror neurons are part and parcel of the human condition, the p has no working mirror neurons.
As to what you ask, you want MRI scans of somebody not already diagnosed?
Jim Fallon, an eminent neuroscientist and apparent p! On the Hare list he doesn't score high though. But test MRI's of his brains made for comparison reasons show he is indeed a p.
And he has behaved in callous ways as he likes to tell (bit of a narcissist, this guy
)

www.imdb.com... in case you want to feast on his eyes

More yum yum www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I wonder if people who arnt diagnosed as a psychopath, but that display many of the signs have similar scans, or might the psychopath mind always be completely different.

Because if that was the case, one could screen out potential psychopaths going for certain jobs, that might be very bad for a psychopath to do. But they dont.

Bare in mind that unlike other sciences psychology is far far harder to "prove" and many people dont even qualify it as a science, just hooey.

Tricky....

Simple fact though, they arnt all bad, but if you spot one or suspect somone might be one, distance yourself. thats all that can really be done about it at the moment.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yup, crocs ain't bad either but I don't dance with them

The whole p genes issues has been used in court in the US as part of the perp's defence!
It appears that you need a p brain, p genes and sometimes only sometimes bad influences. That's why some speak of primary and secondary p's.
The primary p is a full blown p, the secondary one that has been ignited only after certain events.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Psychopaths? I think the key issue in this discussion is essential nature of the psychopath, which is total freedom from emotion. That being said, this gives the psychopath an advantage over normies for one reason: they conform to nothing. A psychopath does not need to find an identity, because he can create one without being changed and identified by the people around him.

I have been meditating on this for a while, and I have determined that I myself have these traits and think in very similar ways, most importantly I totally lack empathy. You, QueenofWeird, are totally ignoring the ability of psychopath to be just. No other personality can serve to be a mediator even half as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dudleyjb

p's want what they want, no mediating.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

p's want what they want, no mediating.

Why dwell in ignorant trains of thought? Why create such an extensive thread only to cover your ears?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So that you can open your p mouth

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
medicalxpress.com...

Bon appetit!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You bring up the best case against ..... your case. James Fallon has all the genetic markers for psychopathy, his brain scan reveals he thinks like a psychopath, and yet he is not an offender, and actually does good for society. He's a pro-social "psychopath".

So what you say earlier has very little validity, you debunked your own words. You can be a "psychopath" and not be antisocial. You can be ASPD and not be a "psychopath". I have news for you, there is no "normal" and we're all variants of each other. In truth there are 7 billion+ unique individuals on this planet. Some have behaviors that others find difficult to deal with, and are quick to harshly label. We have built up an industry of so called "professionals" to wave their magic wand at over half the population and deem them "mentally ill" in one way or another.

If greater than half are ill, what does that say of the collective? The err lies somewhere. Society, culture, or maybe the field of psychology. Maybe we assume greater than we understand, and have yet the knowledge to back up our ridiculous claims.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join