It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to spot a psychopath

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

What light? Maybe you can converse with YoungSkid who claims to be one. That might prove to be interesting.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Many psychopath's have never killed anyone, in fact some of the most successful people on the planet are psychotic/psychopath's to some degree. Chris Ryan for one (Diagnosed as)/// although he has killed, albeit legally.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

You talk about dead eyes yet misunderstand the light? What do you make of the word pupil or of the pupae stage of a creature? There is a tiny doll forming within the eyes of every living creature and it is when this doll fills with light that something miraculous begins to occur. This is largely allegorical, but it has its reflections in the material world as well. Anyway, have a great day, and good luck with your conflict with psychopaths. Independent creatures built this cosmos and everything in this material universe answers to the call of their sorcery.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird
King of dead eyes, the ones I mean, is Ted Bundy who was a psychopatic serial killer.

People bandy about this word as if they actually know what it means. They use it to label someone they don't like. Clinically, it is much more narrowly defined than how it is used in popular parlance, such as on ATS, where careful and considered thought is at a premium.

I went to high school with Ted Bundy. Ted Bundy did not have "dead eyes." He was a handsome, educated, and intelligent man with charisma, which is the way he lured his earlier victims. He got along with everyone and was well-liked in high school. There was not a hint of the evil lurking inside. The idea that you can "tell a psycopath" by looking at his eyes (or his position on an organizational chart) is absurd and laughable. You are delusional. Indeed, it is you that people ought to watch out for. You are not exhibiting rational behavior here. You can't be taken seriously.
edit on 11/22/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

It was after all the finding's of the German's own study, I think a nation who happily invade people with whom they have never been at war, well the common sense of that but then again that is my opinion, also soldier's are conditioned/brutalized into killing machine's but a lot of these german's were fresh conscript's who had probably never shot anyone, another study (not german) noted how many time's bullet's missed at firing squad's in WW1, the officer would often have to go and shoot the poor person sometime's killed because of PTS related shake's which they regarded as Cowardice, with his pistol in the head.

The Military has long studied this phenomenon and the research I indicated was from military studie's of the subject.
fas.org...

Google search this, the Url does not post properly and they are PDF.
DA alexander S klein combat related disorders trigger finger
www.redalyc.org...

edit on 22-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Psychopaths are extremely manipulative so yes they can read emotion. They can feel emotions to, They just don't care.

They feel that emotions are a weakness and use it to take what they want from people.

It's not that they are empty you just can't trust them.

They will always try to get what they want and will do anything to get it. They are go getters of the highest degree.

What ever it is they are going for anyways, they will do it. Most just want to be remebered. And as said they don't care about emotions just as long as they get attention. It's all about attention and dominance.

And there is more than one type of Psychopathy. Which one are we talking about? The state if a constant Psychosis can be schiztophrenic, Bi- polar, Sociopathic or anti-social. So which one is this psychopath you encountered? Because a Schiztophrenic will be cautious and even suspecious over your distress.

Schiztophrenic people don't trust anyone, And will be stuck in a complete dreamstate where they may hallucinate but otherwise the world does not reflect how we normal people see it as they see it completely the way their head does, Similar but different to Autism. Because Schiztophrenics people can be skilled in all areas. You can be talking to a Schiztophrenic person and you wouldn't know it unless they didn't take their pills.

These types of people tend to be very loopy. i met one that was just rolling in the grass being like * I can feel the universe flowing through me, i can feel god rushing through my soul, i am the one* type of deal and i just look at this and try not to laugh also it slightly disturbs me. I used to live with an anti-social sociopath, I didn't know all the stuff he was into until we were living together.

Then the cops started banging on my door one day just before i was going to work i was in the shower.
And they just kept on banging the door, so i answered the door with a towel around me lol. And then they asked if anyone else was in the building. He apparently got into some trouble, and he turned himself in instead of the cops showing up in SWATT with dogs lol. So that was nice of him.

Anyways these people have the choices to do good but many of these type of violent people are troubled individuals to begin with.
Sure they lie a lot but when they tell the truth, They know how bad they are and it makes them feel like crap. They care about some people. But there is something about the eyes.

It's not the same as other peoples. I don't know about the IRIS color. But it's more or less the stare they have.
These types of people usually have really wide eyes all the time almost.
Expecially when they get excited about something. But maybe that's just over generalization.

But the dominance (Alpha male- Alpha female) attitude is prominent in psychopaths ( Anti-social sociopaths)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lynk3
a reply to: Shamrock6

The ex jokes and the girlfriend jokes are getting really old. They are now as empty as a psychopath's emotional capability.

Some comments are very telling.........Your reply had a very bitter jaded feel about it. It can be hard to gain context with writing but I am pretty sure on this one.

This can go both ways and I am sure many women feel exactly the same way about ex husbands.
edit on 22-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What you seek you shall become. Be extremely cautious of what you're placing in your mind.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bovah

Because I understand body language etc..I can either blatantly lie to you in person, or tell the truth but with no inclination as to which is which, also I feel little emotion for others because I can find a justification in my own mind for pretty much anything aside from infanticide..I could never harm a child or a woman but I have hurt a lot of guys and felt zero remorse, and have broken the law with zero remorse or thought of consequence..would you then say I'm a psychopath ? I like to view myself as simply above emotions, duality etc and see only logic in the majority of things I do, but then that makes me egotistical right ? Or maniacal ? Hahaha

For the record I haven't lied about my experiences I've shared on this site, but in real life have lied to mislead people, especially police and I'm quite adept at it.

I look forward to your diagnosis

edit on 22-11-2014 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
This 'sanpaku' is interesting too: apparently if you have white above your eyes, you are not a good person? Out to get the world. Just Japanese superstition but kinda makes you wonder, lol.

www.tofugu.com...

I checked that out, oh boy are there some famous people with white above eyes

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynk3

Cool story dude. Since my ex is a diagnosed clinical sociopath, I don't think it was much of a joke. But hey, sorry if you didn't find the humor in what was a humorless post.

Your comment was much more empty than mine, I guess

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Her eyes showed exactly what she wanted them to at any given time. Trying to make friends - they danced and came alive. Trying to get what she wanted - same thing. Anything negative and they were cold and dead. Like looking at a brick wall.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird
a reply to: Specimen

BY the time the actions make clear that you are dealing with a psychopath, it's too late...

A trade seen with sociopaths is being a compulsive lier. Smart sociopaths know they are one and can function real well among 'normal' people...even liked by those normal people. They know exactly what button to push. They tend to see emotional/empathic people as inferior and often channel their 'talent' in a way which benifit them the most. Sociopaths/ psychopaths can also be found in the upper regions of the corperate world/ higher office in politics. It will not surprise me if human resources hire them for specific vacancies within a (big) company.

You can spot them, but not in the eyes... only in their words and actions... and a polygraph.. I guess.

I had the experiance to meet one up close and this is what I can make of them..

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't necessarily think the look in someone's eyes can really determine whether or not they're a psychopath, not in everyone's case anyway. Everyone has bad days where they feel like they just don't care.

I've known some pretty good people that others may get the wrong impression of at first glance, but lived like a saint. Although, I know what you mean. I wouldn't label a complete stranger on the bus just by the look in their eyes. Anybody can have a bad day.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Let's grab our lanterns and pitchforks and try to "spot" a baddie so we may string him or her up. Or burn them on a steak. Seriously though, this troll thread is a call to witch hunt. The only way you "spot" the conscienceless is what they do. "The eyes are the windows to the soul" SAYS WHO? The DSM? Don't think so. How about "How To Spot A Superstitious Old Saying.
edit on 22-11-2014 by misschareesee2 because: .

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
while i think some sociopaths definitely have the psycho peepers(or as i like to call them manson lamps), i think that is not really even a symptom.
i dont know...

first we would have to define what a sociopath or psychopath is.....

whats your definition?

not all sociopaths kill people....not all killers are sociopaths....
-----------------

you cant diagnose a disorder like that based on the eyes...

about 2 years ago i was diagnosed with this

en.wikipedia.org...

i had to go to an independent mental health exam for something....this exam took almost 6 hours...
dude was a forensic psychologist.

i had to talk to him for hours...i had to answer hundreds of questions...i had to look at pictures and explain things...
his report on me is about 40 pages long...i still have it

for the most part, from the little research i have done on this diagnosis, he is right on the money.
i never went for a second opinion as i feel i have been this way my whole life and i really have no desire to change..

point is, am i a psychopath? a sociopath?
----------

i dont think so....

the big symptom i see in myself is i dont really care about people...of course there are a couple people that i would destroy the world for but everyone else could basically live forever or die right now and it would make little difference to me......

these are manson lamps

i.dailymail.co.uk...
-----

i was diagnosed bi polar mixed about 10 years ago....i think the diagnosis from 2 years ago fits better....

in the end, it a big ole whatev for me
edit on 22-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldbourbon
I don't necessarily think the look in someone's eyes can really determine whether or not they're a psychopath, not in everyone's case anyway.

it cant.
lots of people have the psycho peepers and they are perfectly normal.....

why go to med school and specialty training when all you have to do is look at peoples eyes?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There are other signs as well......perhaps verbal manerisms.....certainly watch out for someone who will always say" I" did this or that .when it actually was and is a team effort.....never ending self absorbtion it comes out in the speech patterns....extreme alarm bells.....in what people say....

The eyes? what about the thousand yard stare......?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
..certainly watch out for someone who will always say" I" did this or that .when it actually was and is a team effort...

taking credit for something you didnt do qualifies you as a psychopath?
since when?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
...certainly watch out for someone who will always say" I" did this or that .when it actually was and is a team effort.....

I was actually thinking about a colleague at work that I don't know much but reading the title of this thread made me immediately think about him. He actually does exactly what you are describing.

He also didn't offer a ride while I had to wait under the rain, oh well...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join