It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India tells Kim Kardashian to stay out!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I just heard on the radio that India doesn't want her there. The news blurb cited a couple reasons, one of them being "visa problems", but it's apparently "unclear at this time."

Good for India!

Could this have something to do with it?

Kim Kardashian's comments about Indian food.
But she meant no offense.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Oh how I envy India right now!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Can we do the same? Please? Canada gave us Beiber, could they take her in trade, kinda even things out? I mean she has a big ass, Beiber is a big ass so.....
There's big butts and then there's a Kardashian. Needs it's own zip code.
edit on 22-11-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I also hate Indian food. I like meat to taste like meat, not eighteen different seasonings, spices, pastes and sauces. I dislike all but pilau rice, and popadoms are pointless.

However, I like Indians just fine! Its a matter of tastebuds, that's all!

When one expresses an opinion on culinary matters, one ought not have to prefix the comment with a disclaimer to clarify that one is not intending to disrespect a culture, just because one happens not to like the food that is famously served there!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Why good for them that they don't want her in? Is she a threat to them or something?
What's the big deal about Kim that people want to hate her? Is she evil ? Does she have some kind of superpower she could use. ( other than her breasts which are a super power) I guess I just don't get the hate. I'm not a fan of the show and don't really know much about the family but I've seen it a time or two and its just silly. I don't get the entertainment value of living your life in front of a camera or wanting your family problems out there for everyone to see but I don't hate any of them. In some respects they're kind of pathetic and sad. I guess some people could be jealous because they're good looking and have money. I think people like that are sad and pathetic too.

reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I like Indian food. It's the different tastes dancing all over the tongue. The texture of the vegetables with the spices and the rice.
I also love a good steak pure and simple. Variety. But I love to cook too so experimenting with different cultural foods is something I enjoy.
The Kardashians are benign. Harmless.

reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I guess I just don't get the hate.

I don't hate Kim Kardashian.
I just think our society should stop glorifying these "celebrity" idiots. Stupidity isn't merely accepted, it's embraced.
It's celebrated.
Once again, good for India!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

People tend to take offense when you call a big part of their culture "disgusting".
But it's OK, Kim said "I apologize to all my fans in India."

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I guess some people could be jealous because they're good looking and have money.

ha ha .. no. Kardashian is sloppy trash. She made a ton of money by doing a sex tape with a lousy rapper and she pretty much whores herself out. She has no talent. She isn't smart. She is full of self worship. And her rear end (that she markets) is HUGE, which is something that most people find disgusting (except her talentless simpleton rap husband yeezus). No one is jealous. Not in the slightest. I'd rather be me ... plain and chronically ill and middle class ... then be her.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I love Indian food. I love all the spices, and since I don't eat red meat, there are lots of options for me. My favorites are bhindi masala (okra, tomatoes and onions) and chana mahkni masala (chick peas in a delicious buttery tomato sauce).

I think it's perfectly okay to not like a certain ethnic food, but what may have been considered offensive is her calling it "disgusting". That's pretty harsh. If you are a public persona and you are saying something that is going on national/worldwide media, you need to be aware that your words may come back to bite you in the ass. Yes, I used that phrase intentionally.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I love Indian food. I love all the spices, and since I don't eat red meat, there are lots of options for me. My favorites are bhindi masala (okra, tomatoes and onions) and chana mahkni masala (chick peas in a delicious buttery tomato sauce).

I think it's perfectly okay to not like a certain ethnic food, but what may have been considered offensive is her calling it "disgusting". That's pretty harsh. If you are a public persona and you are saying something that is going on national/worldwide media, you need to be aware that your words may come back to bite you in the ass. Yes, I used that phrase intentionally.

I can see this thread morphing into an Indian food discussion!
I know an Indian restaurant that serves an incredible Chicken tikka masala. One of the top 5 best dishes I've ever
eaten. It's the proverbial symphony of flavors.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

After reading your post, I couldn't resist this:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Indain food is freaking delish, Kim Karwhatisname is just meh, but

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think it's better for india to refuse her in the country. As part Indian i get to say this: India already have enough people who still think in ways of 1000 years ago. So bringing more stupid in the country ain't a good idea

Love the food and the ancient wisdom of the cultures tho!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Well, I would say if one is going to place cultural importance on something like flavour, opinions on which are always subjective, and to do with personal preference, then one ought to accept that people are not all alike, and there will be people who dislike the flavour spectrum involved, and are prepared to say so in uncompromising terms!

There are things which may be said about a culture which OUGHT to offend those who subscribe to it, but a dislike of their cuisine is hardly one of them!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Good, I cant stand the Kardashians. Making money by polluting television with their stupid lives that are just a fantasy. What do people see in the kardashians, ridiculous

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Bravo India! Everytime I see a Kardashian I want too put my head in too a deep fryer, no not because im jealous because there is nothing to be jealous of.. but because I just can not stand them why the hell are they even famous? I know how they got famous but seriously...WHY ? No talent what so ever Kim is just always trying too sell some kind of weight loss products and or her Kardashian fashion line with her sisters and the clothes etc are ugly its ridonkulous. And what an awesome rolemodel...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Not only do I hate that I need to see stories about Kim Kardashian practically everywhere... But now, I return back to the one site where I feel safe from Kardashian stories and look what I find, a Kim Kardashian story.......sigh

A world where she is not discussed is a world I want to live in.....
edit on 22-11-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I guess some people could be jealous because they're good looking and have money.

ha ha .. no. Kardashian is sloppy trash. She made a ton of money by doing a sex tape with a lousy rapper and she pretty much whores herself out. She has no talent. She isn't smart. She is full of self worship. And her rear end (that she markets) is HUGE, which is something that most people find disgusting (except her talentless simpleton rap husband yeezus). No one is jealous. Not in the slightest. I'd rather be me ... plain and chronically ill and middle class ... then be her.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I'm starting to feel sorry for her. A lot of people can see her for what she is, and she can probably see it herself. She has to see what the future has in store for her. Her looks will fade with her youth. She'll get divorced. She'll probably do a Scy Fy grade movie, which will be roundly panned. It will begin her descent into obscurity. Her best bet is to find a good investment broker who won't rip her off.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'm from the UK and our food gets trashed all the time, we don't keep people out of the country for it.
I like the kardashians shows I don't know why.
The amount of hate that's spewed.about her is weird, she didn't choose to release the sex tape, but she decided rather than be a victim I'm gonna make some money. Good for her.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join