It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im a training A&P ask away

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptNemo2012
That's great, the reason I ask is I have my A&P with IA, looking for a school that will take my Certs towards college credits in aviation.

Now a days college isn't enough, you need to have a trade, looks like you are going to get both. Good luck man!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Congratulations: Just one question...what is the going price for an IO-360 cylinder assembly (Continental) or just the price for the jug itself ?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Congratulations: Just one question...what is the going price for an IO-360 cylinder assembly (Continental) or just the price for the jug itself ?

With core exchange, from $1100 to $1500 for the assembly, unless it's the new -ES.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

You didn't raise your hand.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: 727Sky

With core exchange, from $1100 to $1500 for the assembly, unless it's the new -ES.

I remember paying $379 way back when... The price went up to $1300 X 6 so I hung up my general aviation flying.... felt like a rip off to me... My understanding is that CHINA now makes Continental Engines... So much for cheap, No?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Yeah, just ask the British pilot that got sucked out and pinned to the fuselage because the mechanic used the wrong screws.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Learn to love haiting pilots. This is most important if you are doing line maint. They will come up with the dumbest/oddest things to write up and they will do it in the vaugest way possible while often in the worst place. On that note "X INOP" is a great way to simply say not working as intended, but the next mech that comes behind you has not idea what you really intended when you wrote that. In more complex systems this can be a huge time waster to figure out if you ment the whole system is out or just a function of the system is bad or if happens at a certian time/altuitude/condition.

This is coming from a former Air Force Crew Chief and a current Shuttle of America Maintance Planner.

Best of luck to you! o7

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I second this.

There is nothing worse than write ups that are lacking so much information that we have no idea what to work on or what shop to work order it to.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There was always the really fun CND. Especially the third and fourth time it got written up.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
They showed the documentary of that in class. My instructors have beating the mistakes that can be made into our heads since 1st term. I have an excellent group of guys training with me. They are saying we are the best class NAA has ever had.

I'm in a class of 26 and have had some excellent instructors. Many of our class are trying for the team going to the aviation maintaince games text year in Miami. Have a couple who will probably succeed and be on the team. They truly want to be at the top this year and win the games so they are pushing hard for our class to try out. I would but job school and family is hard enough to juggle without adding the stress of the games on top of it.

Our school has its issues but for the most part it has been an awesome ride so far.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle
I can't really hate pilots as I am going to continue on and get my pilot license as well. I know they say they wine a lot but oh well it is part of the job. I have loved aviation since I was little and this is a dream come true for me. I even have a few designs of my own that have blown the minds of a few of my instructors. One of them has even gone so far as to nickname me Tesla. Lol but that is a story for another post.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Here's a question.
How many airline pilots does it take to change a lightbulb?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
NAA and st Pete university have a thing going on together that once you complete avionics and take 3 classes at st Pete you receive a degree in avionics management. So that is cool. Cost a small fortune though counting the A&P, avionics and all.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
NAA and st Pete university have a thing going on together that once you complete avionics and take 3 classes at st Pete you receive a degree in avionics management. So that is cool. Cost a small fortune though counting the A&P, avionics and all.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Ha ha lol. 3

Sorry bout double post still trying to get used to tablet from years of laptop.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Oh. Ouch. No. I had something funny in mind.

One. He holds the bulb and the universe revolves around him.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I always thought that was a fighter pilot.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

AFAIK They don't change light bulbs.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

This is true. The lightbulb changes itself to keep from offending them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join