It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there too much to keep up with?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
What a weird sentence. Thought. Oh crap. The entire universe. Collapsing, at, this point. Point. .

The above sentence was designed to make you.. Are you keeping up? It's pointless right?

Where do I go from here? Where do I take this? Why do I take this? What persists, to make a thought a point to keep up with?

Are there ever too many points?

The point is, there are 100 billion galaxies with trillions of stars, planets, moons and everything in between,
7 billion human beings, millions of species and millions of,

Now here, at the end, I wonder if. If there is too much to keep, when can it ever be condensed into a single point

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Seems to me, that what we have here is a good old fashioned frame of reference issue. The universe is not meant to be experienced in bullet points. You cannot reduce the human experience into an easily described, easily condensed, hyper concentrated mass, to be studied without immersion in it. It is the volume in which we are suspended, and our experience of it relies on our understanding that we are not here to keep up. Keeping on top of it, is not the purpose of human existence.

It is how we deal with the fact that life and times are changing, and that time particularly is red shifting away from us, unfolding backwards, and blue shifting away from us, expanding forward, at a rate which we are supposed to find daunting. It is how we cope with that, which defines life, which defines mind, and ultimately dictates how we view the experience.

My advice? Put your science hat on, sit back, and enjoy the three dimensional stereoscopic drama! The heat death of the universe is a way off yet, so there is plenty left to learn!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

We are not at the end buddy, we are just back at the beginning again.

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9

Humanity's attempts at civilisation and society probably happen in cycles(epochs).

edit on 22-11-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think if we could utilize every cranny of our brain and fill it with everything a person could know, there is still too much out there to take in even if we had more room for it.

Just trying to absorb and make sense of everyday events along with the news worthy stuff makes my brain hurt.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Wipe away all the thoughts in your mind, open your eyes, observe the world and begin again. Allow personal preference to be your guide. If nothing you observe motivates you to interact with it, travel on to observe new things. If you spend your entire existence in a meta-analytic state, I believe, you've missed out on the point of being here. This world is adaptive. It will grow along with you if you engage with it appropriately. And yes, there is too much to keep up with. That is why there are more than seven billion of us now.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

splendid replies from the above honourable members. I would like to add something basic.
whatever floats your boat.
f.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Who said there is 100 billion galaxies, has someone gone out there and counted them i think not, how can any human being know. Just guess work at best.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

100 billion galaxy's is just a estimation but that's all science really is, our best guesstimation based on observation and experimentation.
edit on 22-11-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join