It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama immigration action opens the door to terrorist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
All things considering, I don't blame the guy for continuing to use executive action, given that Congress won't do anything. If Congress doesn't like what Obama is doing, they need to start working with him, and start passing some bills. So in other words, Congress, do your damn job so the President doesn't have to do it for you.

As far as immigration reform goes... I don't necessarily think he's right or wrong here. I agree and disagree with it.
By allowing illegal immigrants to apply for jobs, they will no longer be being paid under the table. They will be paying taxes which is good for the U.S. financially. The next step would be making a clear and somewhat easy pathway to citizenship, and closing the borders. I also agree with him in the sense that it's kind of not worth it to take the illegals living within the U.S. out of the U.S. because they come here and have kids. Their kids are American. They did not ask to be born here. And it would be traumatizing to take their parents from them. That in the future could lead to violence, as those without strong family support tend to join gangs.

Where I disagree is here: There aren't enough jobs to give. I believe in equal opportunity but you can bet your ass I would be pissed if I lost my job that I work my ass off at, to someone who just became a citizen basically overnight.

I just don't know. But I feel like if Congress doesn't like what Obama is doing, they need to do something about it. And impeaching him isn't the right answer to that. I can honestly say I'm not worried about terrorists though. First it was Al Quada, now it's ISIS. Maybe the real terrorists are within our own government.
edit on 22-11-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
You seem to have a problem with this let me break it down for you. 1981 comes before 1986 so stop with the congress passed a law before he did anything because it simply isn't true.

This is an Executive Order enforcing our IMMIGRATION LAWS!!

Yes it is something every President since Reagan has done.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Again, this isn't the Presidents Job. He's not King! You said:

All things considering, I don't blame the guy for continuing to use executive action, given that Congress won't do anything. If Congress doesn't like what Obama is doing, they need to start working with him, and start passing some bills. So in other words, Congress, do your damn job so the President doesn't have to do it for you.

The President can't do it for them. This is why we have Separation of Powers. A President isn't a King.

Democrats will not like it when a Republican President says forget the Congress, I'm going to do what I want to do through Executive Action.

Even Obama said this.

1. “I take the Constitution very seriously. The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with [the president] trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m President of the United States of America.” (3/31/08)

6. “I am president, I am not king. I can’t do these things just by myself. We have a system of government that requires the Congress to work with the Executive Branch to make it happen.

But the fact of the matter is there are laws on the books that I have to enforce. And I think there’s been a great disservice done to the cause of getting the DREAM Act passed and getting comprehensive immigration passed by perpetrating the notion that somehow, by myself, I can go and do these things. It’s just not true. … We live in a democracy. You have to pass bills through the legislature, and then I can sign it. And if all the attention is focused away from the legislative process, then that is going to lead to a constant dead-end. We have to recognize how the system works, and then apply pressure to those places where votes can be gotten and, ultimately, we can get this thing solved.” (9/28/11)

THIS IS BARACK OBAMA IN HIS OWN WORDS!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
a reply to: buster2010

If this so called reform is so urgent, why didn't Obama do it back when they passed Obamacare? Because Congress disagrees with him doesn't give him the right to act on his own.

What urgent? Obama has been waiting for a couple of years now for the obstructionist congress to get off their butts and do their job.
edit on 22-11-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

Why didn't they pass immigration reform when they had both the houses and the presidency from 2008-2010?

For one Obama wasn't President in 08 and his reform didn't hit the house until 2013 so they couldn't pass something before they have it now can they?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Democrats will not like it when a Republican President says forget the Congress, I'm going to do what I want to do through Executive Action.

You mean like how Bush did? Bush wrote far more EO's than Obama has but we never heard Congress wanted to file lawsuit over it. The GOP is just playing on the ignorance of the general public and by the sound of it the agenda is working.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

This shows why people who blindly follow Republicans or Democrats give them so much power.

I complained about Bush and I think his administration lied to get us into IraQ. But this isn't about Bush, it's about Obama who said when he gets into office he will not be like Bush. Why do you think Obama made this statement before he got into office:

1. “I take the Constitution very seriously. The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with [the president] trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m President of the United States of America.” (3/31/08)

Now, Obamaites tell us, Obama is just being like Bush. They say he's just doing what Bush did.

AREN'T YOU THE SAME PEOPLE WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT BUSH DOING THESE THINGS???

This is the problem. It's always okay when a President you support is doing these things. Here's Obama's own words.

6. “I am president, I am not king. I can’t do these things just by myself. We have a system of government that requires the Congress to work with the Executive Branch to make it happen.

Now the excuse from Obama and the Democrats is Bush did it.

SO NOW YOU WANT TO BE LIKE BUSH???

edit on 22-11-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Meh. To each their own. I personally think regardless of which party it is, if you have a congress that won't do anything you might as well do their job, too.

He's entirely within his means, and is in no way breaking the law. Executive Orders aren't against the law. It wasn't against the law when Bush signed an Executive Order saying that we will grant amnesty to women and children coming from war countries, or sexual trafficking. It's not against the law now. Sorry, man.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger

If this so called reform is so urgent, why didn't Obama do it back when they passed Obamacare? Because Congress disagrees with him doesn't give him the right to act on his own.

If Congress disagrees then they can pass a bill to stop him. So long as Congress doesn't act then the President can and will act in whatever manner his administration deems necessary.

We need to stop the one half of congress from impeding the full capabilities and functions of regular government by simple inactivity. If congress wants something then they need to pass some bills and stop claiming they have no power. They have all the power in the United States, if they'd just get some work done.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

A shill for Obama?, are you high?, he is without doubt one of the most morally bankrupt presidents America has ever seen. I dont even live in America and share little interest in your reality TV shows. You again however show your true colours in using such cheap smear tactics against me i.e I disagree with what you are saying so therefor I must like Obama?, okidoki!.

And I fail to see your connection with the 9/11 hijackers as they were awarded those VISAS under legislation that was in place then, not what legislation is in place now or in the future. They were also from Saudi Arabia, one of Americas closest allies.

So again please tell me how this will make it easier for terrorists to attack America when all a terrorist needs to do is jump the Mexican border. Id also like to point out that by far the largest source of terrorism against the mainland U.S has been carried out domesticaly by U.S citizens.

Id also like to know which terrorist organizations you think will be taking advantage of this new legislation as you seem to somehow know that they will, or is it just people who happen to be brown and not from America?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The worst terrorist attack on US soil occurred under Bushi Jr's watch. They ignored Intel that could of prevented it and let thousands of American citizens needlessly die.

Happy holidays

top topics

<< 1   >>

join